Upload encrypted video to youtube

>upload encrypted video to youtube
>external website required to decrypt and view video in real time
>watching video directly on youtube only shows garbled video
Would this work? Obviously the hard part is the decryption on the external website.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VideoCrypt)
watermarky.com/prototype/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the problem with this is i dont think the video would play..? or let alone be accepted by youtube

if by encryption you mean change the individual images to something else(random noise like on tv), than yes it would work, but not with youtube-

why not use ipfs?

Why wouldn't youtube accept it? Does their algorithm block any videos with random noise automatically?

No.

I understand what you're getting at. Basically you want each frame of video to look like it's garbled nonsense but really be encoding some other frame of video that another website knows how to decrypt. This is possible.

What makes it impossible on YouTube is their compression. The video compression is lossy so you're losing visual information when uploading a video to YouTube. This means each frame of your encoded video has been destroyed.

>he doesn't know about bitube
how new are you here?

No, but you couldn't decode it on a webpage

Sup Forums played with that idea a while ago by using ffmpeg to convert raw bytes to video and back to the original data. This works but is extremely inefficient. I think decoding it in the browser should be possible but not in real-time.

What about scrambling the video by dividing it up into say 120 boxes and arranging them randomly on the screen? Then a small hash would be used on the website to put the boxes in the right place. It wouldn't be true encryption but may get past the algorithm?

Many ways to solve this. It is easily possible. But the encrypted or obfuscated video will be larger of course.

Yeah it would work as long as the "chunks" are big enough to not end up completely washed out by the video compression. I don't think 120 would be realistic especially if you randomize the chunks' positions at every frame. Also the final re-assembled result would probably look much worse than the original especially around the seams.
>but may get past the algorithm?
What algorithm?

uploading is not the problem, the problem is decoding. Youtube doesn't give you the video file, you put in their frame and use their stuff

we change the way our retinas view the world, first we need to install a few body mods (do not DIY) once we get that, then we now install the decrypter. We will be able to do it in real time because we will be using neural processing power from the most advanced computer known to man... our brain. that's if and only if the body mods were done right by establishing a link to our pathways

I'm just guessing youtube uses some sort of content search algorithm to block uploaded videos that match their database? A bit like Sup Forums blocking known CP images but far more complicated.

if you used a sufficiently robust scrambling system, then sure, it'll work
not sure if such video would be against their ToS, though
analog video scrambling has been done before, old pay tv where i live used such a system to put paid channels over analog UHF (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VideoCrypt)
one problem you'll have if it's too scrambled, is that you mess up things like motion estimation, which will kill the quality of the video, as the bitrates are only barely good enough for easily compressed video

Wasn't there that weird youtube account that had lots of videos with random colored blocks and lines in them a while back?

Youtube uses lossy compression

That was a test channel by google itself

This, and retranscode every video

yes it would work. similar to this shit

watermarky.com/prototype/

you might see a lot of artifacts tho

Encryption would be fucked by youtube's compression.

why would the video not play? please explain yourself.

You can use the YouTube API to fetch the actual video files.

your data will be re-encoded on upload, it's not guaranteed to survive