Gnome 3.26 issues

>MEGA Sync icon does not appear
>Solution: none.
>Plex reboots the machine (possibly due to secondary screen not plugged in)
>Solution: disable font scaling, select color preset such as Adobe 1998/D50. Start Plex from Albert launcher with no apps open
>Random freezes
Post your issues and how to fix

Other urls found in this thread:

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/gnome-shell-integration/?src=ss
extensions.gnome.org/extension/1031/topicons/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Don't have Gnome 3.26 yet waiting for Fedora 27

>how to fix
Install KDE, or better yet, MATE

GNOME doesn't have a system tray anymore.
The devs thought it a little too 'last century' and removed it without consultation.

>uh not just enabling the thousand plugins to restore the system tray you pleb
I'm pretty sure that's what a GNOME shill would write.

To fix:
1. Install Firefox - no I'm not kidding.
2. Install this Firefox extension - addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/gnome-shell-integration/?src=ss - Again, I'm not kidding.
3. Logout and Login
4. Install this GNOME Plugin via Firefox (really) - extensions.gnome.org/extension/1031/topicons/

GNOME3 is a fucking shitshow.
If you can deal with it, more power to you - I can't.

>KDE

awesome wm with GTK3 themes ftw

Have you installed the topiconplus extension?

Did all of that.
I have topicons now. Mega works,
I closed Android Studio and my computer rebooted. FML.

I'm using topicons.

How can gnome 3 be just as shit as 5 years ago?
Just use cinnamon or something.

We at gnome think that the system tray is an outdated concept. so we removed the feature from our gnome3 desktop in order to urge all upstream developers to stop using this functionality. For now you can install a few third party plugins to get the same "functionality", however I dont know why you would want to. I wont worry about it though, we're going to break those plugins in the next update :)

I know you will, that's why I don't use your software anymore.
Have fun triggering those who are sticking around though.

what they really shouldve done is moved the status icons into the notification area.

Year of the Linux desktop.

Great. I am patiently waiting on budgie-qt. Let's see how well it goes

system tray kind of sucks dick: a task bar in a random corner for shit that doesn't spawn a window, fucking dumb. but they never came up with a services panel to replace it so who's the faggot here?

I think in the long run mega's going to have to patch their shit into the cloud storage abstraction in nautilus, but getting faggot web devs to do anything right is a pain in the arse.

>GUH NOME
lmaoing at u so hard right now OP

Funny, just got tired of this shit yesterday and went back to Cinnamon.

>We at gnome think that the system tray is an outdated concept.
next release gnome developers are gonna simplify the code base and remove it all so instead u just go to the store and buy a bag of gnome cheatoes to eat instead of a desktop

FFplay crashes. What a fucking piece of shit DE. Installing Cinnamon right now. Recommend extensions for cinnamon:
I need the KDE Connect icon as well as clipboard manager and bitcoin ticker.

I fell for the GNOME meme because this is what is supposed NOT to do. Everyone said its stable and had no fuckups. After 3 years of using GNOME its the first time I encounter a bug this big.

were you on wayland before? because wayland's caused most of my fuckups

I don't know. Maybe, I installed gnome from pacman. I also tried logging into GNOME with Xorg and got stuck in a black screen with a mouse pointer.

have you tried it in a *buntu flavor to see if it isn't arch and your display manager causing your problems?

We are actually trying to remove bags upstream.
environmentalism

Honestly KDE is not fucking up on purpose which is nice. Just disable that plasma shit and your g2g generally. Gnome on the other hand is willingly fucking the pooch in the asshole to fit an agenda. They're faggots and I hope they get turned to ground beef at las Vegas country music show.

I run 3.22 on Slackware, not many issues minus the stuff that doesn't work with systemd(not too important, i'm on a desktop).

>>Plex
Proprietary cuck trash

>system tray kind of sucks dick: a task bar in a random corner for shit that doesn't spawn a window, fucking dumb
This. I hated that fucker, it was always in the way.
>Hurrr....you wanna open an application from the side bar? Let me put this tray in your way. Hurrr....you wanna look at the system tray? Fuck you, I'm opening the application that lurks behind it in the side panel.

WONTFIX: closed

>Solution: disable font scaling
topkek lmao rofl