Comfy Apple General

A comfy thread for the best tech company
>What Apple products do you own?
>What Apple products do you plan on buying?

Androidfriends and Microsoftfriends are welcome as long as they're nice.

>Androidfriends and Microsoftfriends are welcome as long as they're nice.
They don't know how to be nice because their mommies didn't buy them nice toys :'(

2015 5k iMac
iPhone SE
Apple Watch S1
iPad mini

I might get the new Cellular version of the watch when it's available in my country, otherwise I won't be buying anything new for a while.

Apple makes good hardware but why do people put up with iOS? No customizablility, very locked down environment, have to pay for basic functionality like webm support or watching mkvs without forceclosing, etc

why do you guys buy these overpriced fashion phones? i get why macbooks and the mac brand is popular, but i don't see why iphones are.

Because none of those things matter

If I pay $800 for a iPhone 8 today, I would be pissed if I can't view webms out of the box or I need to install iTunes bloated software just to make a playlist. I also can't remove processes I don't use so useless shit like Apple Pay will continue draining battery when idle.

A friend told me that Apple is more concerned about data protection and privacy than Windows and Google. Is it true ?

Also, waiting for a MBP 15.4

Cops can easily pull data from any phone other than iphone

X220

Cops can't circumvent a bootloader/recovery password or a Google lock. Just like how cops can't circumvent iCloud lock.

Not the Pixel.

PowerMac G4 MDD (broken)
iPod shuffle 4G
MacBook unibody C2D (current backup laptop)
iPhone 4 (current backup phone)
MBPr 2015

Main phone is Redmi 4A as it was the cheapest phone that filled the specs

Am I part of the Apple master race, if I own a hackintosh?

ironic first comment
problably your mommy bought you too many toys now you are to imasulin and have to project the neglect you received from your mother into an anonymous imageboard

2015 4k iMac, the smaller one
iPhone 5s,
Mac book Pro 2015 retina, 13inch
Mac book air, 2011 11inch

Thinking on get the X or the 8p. I'll see how the X turns out, ya know. Thoughts?

No, you are above them. Using their godlike software and not their mediocre hardware is the true patrician choice.

only Apple product I own is a 2015 15" MacBook Pro, not buying any more since they all got rid of USB and other ports.

>2015 15" MacBook Pro

lmao

Oh boy, I've never seen that image before.

>Cops can't circumvent a bootloader/recovery password or a Google lock

No, but Google can

>Just like how cops can't circumvent iCloud lock

And Apple cannot, either.
That's the difference between the two.
Had the San Bernardino shooter's phone been an Android, it would have been remote unlocked by Google in seconds. Google doesn't stand for privacy, they just want your ad bucks.

google can't, passwords are encrypted and it would be invasion of privacy.

>t. iToddler

>tfw iPhone 6S+ and iMac 5k 2015
I should kill myself for being such a poorfag.

>owning iShit

Fucking poorfag.

Idiot, the government requests information from these companies, and they have no way to say no. Google is probably 10 or 100 times worse than Apple, but most of Apple's stuff is encrypted. I doubt Google's is.

>t. iToddler

Kill yourself Drumpfkin. Antifa is watching you.

iPhone 7, it's pretty good, basically equivalent to a higher end Android handset.

Considering a ten inch iPad Pro to replace my Surface 3 which I use entirely for CV writing and web browsing. Kind of torn on that because while I hardly ever need a full featured OS on my couch machine it's occasionally nice to have.

they can watch me shove my dick into their eye sockets

>Challenger of Peace

Man, is it me, or has the quality of discussion on this board took a massive dive off of a cliff these past few years?

Seriously, what is this shit? It sure isn't technology discussion.

Apple discussion is not welcome on Sup Forums. Fuck off back to Plebbit.

Why does anyone in this world think anything apple is even remotely good? It is all shit. Nothing but shit. The only thing remotely passable was the ipod back in the day. Thats the only decent product apple has had. What the fuck is wrong with not only people but the apple company that they actually thing their shit is good? Each model of the iphone has less features than the last its ridiculous. Apple needs to be shut the fuck down if they cant do better. Fuck.

You are right. My mommy could never afford to buy nice toys for me and my sister. All she had to give was love and warm food on the table after she worked a full time shift just so we could have a better education and job. All i learned is to stay strong in life and care for other people. Take care.

>Google market domination is a good thing
Go back.

2017 touchbar macbook and iphone 8+
relatively new to macfaggotry and really enjoying it so far

I've had a ibook g4 and used the first iphone in the past(my mother bought it for my grandfather because he could see the large buttons on the dialer, we would all use it when we visited him, good times) but the ibook was mostly for my video editing work so i never did anything fun or Sup Forums-tier with it and wanted to keep it clean.

>I treat my products like trash, it's the manufacturer's fault
you're the sort to sue the store because you slipped and fell on your own piss in the restroom.

Has it ever occured to you that not every person wants a complicated android handset with a metric fuck ton of a RAM when very few people actually take full advantage of high end phones?

When I set out to purchase my new handset I wanted something glossy, simple and efficient. The iPhone 8 does what I want it to for business and then some with its phenomenal camera. I'm sorry your only comprehension of handsets is raw statistics and nothing regarding optimization or consumer tastes.

Neither does anything that apple made past the iphone 4

Sorry we cant hear you over our 1 trillion dollar company and best security ratings in the industry, Google shill. Go play your emulated games now.

>Each model of the iphone has less features than the last its ridiculous

That's not true. Their real issue is actually bloating their devices with tons of useless features while not having some really fucking essential ones because of their special "vision" which applefags keep talking about. I mean at this point they probably realise that people want custom themes because stock icons are super ugly or to place fucking icons anywhere on the grid but they will never add either of those simply because they are stubborn as fuck.

>Google shill talking about Bloatware
I uninstalled 6 apps on my iPhone when it was new. On my old Android I uninstalled 20 including an NFL App and some Carrier bloat that simply doesn't happen on Apple products. Also someone would have to be a real fucking child to complain about icons.

>actually defending one corporation over another

I hope you do realise this is retarded. Corporations don't care about you then why would you care about them? Also security means nothing it's hihgly unlikely that a generic human like you has anything worth stealing/compromising. And the corporation itself has all your shit anyways.

The difference is Apple isn't a massive skynet-tier megacorp that has its talons in every imaginable industry from sattalites to televisions. Apple is way less evil than Google in terms of raw holdings and influence. I thought Sup Forums disliked Google but here you are defending its flagship market other than its search engine.

And people actively work to steal banking information all the time so you shut your mouth. Stop being an ignorant child.

>need to use iTunes to make a playlist
not true. unless you mean add music? use spotify or GPM if you really hate iTunes and are going with a local library.

>can't kill processes so apple pay will be draining battery in background

not true, you can just turn it off in settings and it won't run. iOS is very streamlined.

>t. someone who have never owned iphone and hating on it cause the bullshit Sup Forums said
well fuck (you) too m80

It takes a special kind of autism to store your banking information on a fucking phone.

I can tell your not employed.

>she worked a full time shift
What's it like not having a father, Jamal?

It really started when the mods banned desktop threads and all the Linuxfags left for greener pastures. Now this is pretty much a Sup Forums sub-board.

and nothing of value was lost. Linuxfags did nothing but echoechamber their snowflake operating systems while shitting up all other forms of discussion. Like this Apple thread. This was supposed to be cozy but the Google cunts have to virtue signal.

Except I am. I only use my bank card to withdraw cash on payday and I've never entered it's details anywhere. Which is why I don't give a fuck about security.

I used to not give a shit either until I learned the hard way.

Why did they ban them by the way? Kinda missed that thing. Desktop threads always looked self-contained to me. And where do they post them now?

>not calling the thread Friendly Apple General
>/FAG/ for short

just kill you're self

>mom asks me to install iTunes on my PC to store her photos on it because her phone is full
>16GB+ of photos
>go to iTunes page
>think, sure hope they reduced that 150MB+ filesize
>Its 250MB lel
>Install and hookup phone, backup first.
>GO to phones pictures tab, something about importing, check box.
>Syncs, open iPhone, it added 150+ photos from my PC IN the iPhone.
>Read again, did what it says, no problem will just delete them on the phone.
>Open photos on Iphone, no delete
>open more photos, delete available
>google it, you CANNOT delete synced photos from the phone.
>good fucking job apple for accurately estimating the IQ of the average consumer
>who will inevitably delete synced folder from all devices and then complain
>Still annoying, google around some more, have to deselect folders from pc to phone sync,
>nothing is selected.
>Uncheck global sync, it asks me it will delete synced photos
>FINALLY.jpg
>Say yes
>open phone, pics still there.
>Have to check Sync Photos again, manually select the folder, Sync it to the phone, and then finally de-select it and sync.
>It works, fucking finally.
>Now I can finally import those fucking photos.
>Can't find that option.
>Google around, something about iCloud.
>Download iCloud, it installs,
>open it, windows message comes up saying some chrome extensions is required
>LMAOOO
>Already really MAD
>click no, it opens, as soon as I click photos
>Popup comes up telling me its installing outlook plugins or something for calendar sync.
>fucking hell
>It finishes, open photos, all the options are to sync across devices, not to import.
>GO to google for the umpteenth time
>all options are 3rd party applications.
>Say fuck it, I'll just install Google Drive, backup photos & delete from phone.
>Can't install drive because storage is full.
>Say fuck it, how much to upgrade the shitty 5GB storage.
>Expect $10 max one time payment for the low option
>its $1 a month for 50GB
>Fucking jews, I think to myself.
cont.

cont.
>Alright, at this point I'll fucking do it.
>mom says its fine.
>Go to the add billing info thing, there is no card added before
>IT ASKS WHAT KIND OF CARD IT IS.
>whenEVERY payment processor auto-detects from the card numbers which AREN'T random.
>Okay, type the number in
>Default keyboard pops-up, not the numerical one.
>JESUS EVERLOVING CHRIST
>type the info, go to country select, have to SCROLL to M (halfway through the list), 5 listings at a time
>no search, no big list, just those 5 items on the drum scroll thing
>select country
>Phone info has country code and number on SEPARATE fields for some reason
>type it in, numerical keyboard FINALLY pops up.
>Finish everything after 20 minutes.

I've never understood the hate-boner Sup Forums has for apple until I had to go through this. Any other company and its a copy-paste operation from your file-manager on any OS, no 3rd party programs, no bullshit, but no, Apple has to fucking ramrod you every fucking step of the way, and the easiest option is to just, GIVE them money, fuck Apple and everything it represents.

>webms

Using some meme of a wrapper/codec from Jewgle.

Go fucking off yourself you retard.

Also you can view your anime WebMs on Chrome under iOS you fucking dweeb.

iTODDLERS BTFO

iPhone 6S 64GB space grey on iOS 9.3.3 jailbroken
I do not intend on buying any Apple products. I do not want to buy a donglebook or a phone with no headphone jack or a stupid indent at the top of the screen.

make a "screenfetch" thread, they'll be there

Should I be using Safari or Chrome on my macbook?

My father worked at the time too. Welcome to the 21st century. You can't have a decent income when one partner is sitting at home. Maybe we have different understandings about affording things.

>Using some meme of a wrapper/codec from Jewgle.
Everyone can decode it, even Foss software. Not a excuse.

I'm presuming this is a full install and not virtualbox. Did it take long? How does it run? I've been considering the same on a thinkpad I no longer use

No one ares about VP8/VP9 dude.

Only jewgle uses it.

Everyone's moving over to H265 from H264.

Jewgle decided to not pay royalty fees hence why VP8 and VP9 exist.

Also processors like the ones from Intel have hardware H264/H265 acceleration. VP8/VP9 don't have that.

So fuck off with your meme codec.

>inb4 m'open'source

Make your own opinion by trying both, friend.

Yes, full install. No problems yet, appstore updates work well. I use a usb wifi adapter. Overall, it works better than any linux distro I ever used.

>I can't view webms out of the box

true, but you can d/l VLC, it's free

>I also can't remove processes

iOS doesn't allow background processing without you accepting it, and you can disable anything you want

I suggest Firefox Nightly.
Chrome violates your privacy, and Safari can hardly be customized and doesn't support .webm files.
Safari does seem slightly faster and lighter on RAM usage than Nightly, but Nightly offers a better user experience. Be sure to disable telemetry, though.

I own iPhone 4S, SE

I’m not too huge of an applesheep but I’ll probably just get airpods down the road aside from the usual iPhone upgrade in 2-3 years.

iPhone 7 Plus
Fully loaded 15 inch MacBook Pro with meme bar

Future? The iPhone X and probably an Apple Watch.

Anyone know how I can set up Safari to never remember my history?
Also is it just me or does Safari fuck with font rendering compared to other browsers?

iPhone 7
2017 MacBook Pro w/ cancerbar
The only thing I hate is having to use iTunes for a local music library and dongles.