ITT: You give me sufficient reason not to buy a MacBook Pro

So here's the thing.
I need a laptop to do programming work, music production and occasionally any editing (Adobe CC Suite, 3D modeling and the like)
>just use windows you macfag
I need my UNIX and I also need to run commercial software. I want my daily drive system to be UNIX because programming and because Windows is a shit turd from all sides.
>just dualboot you macfag
So I have to reboot every time I need to switch between working and editing? What if I need to work on graphics I have to embed in a web design? No thanks.
>go hackintosh
Have been doing that for years and I hate that I have to keep my fingers crossed every time I update. Also too much of a hassle. Technology should be a means to pursue your work/hobbies, not a work by itself. Not going to invest in that.
>mac shit is overpriced
Old school MBP's lasted for decades. I know this from people around me and forums confirm. Only doubt is: will new gen MBP's hold up? I have this feeling that they are ditching performance and durability to achieve their sissy design and silence goals. I don't wanna weep on my 2017 broken MBP while my neighbor is still rocking his 2005 model on stage.
>buy a 2015 model
youtube.com/watch?v=pHYmtgik1iY

Still, it seems to me that I have no alternative to satisfy the above conditions. Please prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

music.stackexchange.com/questions/20484/how-to-make-asio-work-with-multiple-programs-simultaneously-how-can-i-listen-t
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'll bite: I use to own a 2015 and 2016 macbook and I deeply regret buying both. The worst part is the constant overheating and thermal throttling these things have.

Yeah sure. You only say that after you got shilled by Thinkpad gays saying the MBP throttles. You do nothing but check Sup Forums and write word docs.

No, I noticed the huge performance hit after I did work on them. I do 3D animation and video editing so I finally got an XPS 15 and haven't looked back since.

I will say this: macbooks are light and look good. If I only browsed the web and watched videos I would have kept them desu.

Windows = le gaymes
Linux = servers
macOS = work and productivity

My company provides us with MBPs to use.

Buy an Acer

>thinkpads would have cost thousands LESS for better performance
I hate crony corporatism.

Gotta agree with other user here. I have a 2016 MBP and that thing heats up like a fucking radiator if it isn't on a cooling stand. Don't get me wrong, I like the laptop but every apple laptop I've ever had could double as a damn heater if I needed it too

It's true. They purposefully gimp the fan drivers to only turn on when they're near burning hot temperatures to make them seem quiet to plebs.

And the actual cooling hardware is also just subpar.

Source: I'm an iOS developer and I have to use macs at work

Unlike this guy though I don't need a discrete GPU for any of my work so it's not too bad for my use case.

lenovo x1 carbon has a clitmouse

Before I bought a macbook I was straight. Now i'm going to be meeting up with my internet boyfriend next week.

Don't buy a mac, it will turn you gay.

>3D animation and video editing
Sure, and I am the CEO of Exxon

It also bricks when you update it :)

>Need Unix to program
> I'm also graphic designer

No you are the typical hipster doing code artisan.

It's nothing too big, ceo of exxon. I just take gopro/RED footage, stich it together, overlay some sounds/music here and there, and export it to fit on a 25GB blu-ray disc.

The 3D animation mostly consists of making fancy intros/ outros and sometimes 3D representations of procedures or explanations.

I barely make 30K a year and am currently learning C++/Java to someday break out of this hell.

Can you not read? Windows for anything other than gaming is a headache, especially music, especially live music.

what possibly advanced shit do you do that Windows doesn't let you ?

Maybe you don't have to integrate your codebase in an actual dev team with integration processes, multiple dev stations.
As for the design, I don't do it for work, but I like to be able to do what I please with a computer.

How so? Adobe audition + FL studio has worked perfectly for me on winblows 7.

I have a 2011 MBP i7 sandy bridge and had to replace the entire logic board because of video artifact issues. I also just replaced the mag safe adapter last week. Apple covered all expenses of both even though I was never on Apple Care.

If I had to pay for any of that I wouldn't have a positive opinion of my MBP. With a Samsung SSD though it's solid. I can edit 1080p no problems.

>You give me sufficient reason not to buy a MacBook Pro
supporting apple and using non-free software and vendor-locked hardware
>music production and occasionally any editing (Adobe CC Suite, 3D modeling and the like)
Use free software for that. If you can't or want to learn to use proprietary software before free, dualboot windows or mac os on regular laptop
>So I have to reboot every time I need to switch between working and editing?
yes, don't give away your freedom, if all people do this, all tech will become free and you'll have all software you need on linux

that one did. but I'm a chad and I never updated anything ever.

There's nothing that Windows doesn't let me do, but also nothing that's as straightforward to do as it is on a macOS. Also Windows is a headache per se. I am more productive on a 7 YO PC turned hackintosh than on a new Windows machine.

There is none. Invest in a MBP.

I own a 2015 model and its perfect.

It's the best platform for development. If you're doing something professionally, you need reliability.

With .NET finally being available on OSX, there is no longer a need for a Windows machine.

My only gripe with the new ones is the keyboard. I hate it as the key presses are way too shallow.

EDM loopy music ≠ all music
Also drivers hassle with Windows every time
Also Core Audio may perform a bit worse than ASIO but it lets you fucking listen to something with your DAW open.

I feel you, FOSS bro, but I don't wanna give up my sanity either. Why waste myself as a martyr of our cause when I can be satisfied with my workflow and thus proficient in pushing open source into the world?

>EDM loopy music ≠ all music
That's not the only music you can make though.

>Also drivers hassle with Windows every time
Nope, never had problems with drivers.

>Also Core Audio may perform a bit worse than ASIO but it lets you fucking listen to something with your DAW open.
So does fl studio...

Also music production is impossible on Linux. And I've been trying. Just try working with any midlevel soundcard, or finding any decent free VST for that thing you need to do. Helm is the only good VST I know of that does that, what if you need good amp sim? Don't even name Wine, my serenity is not something I am willing to compromise. For the reasons above, and also because I like to take care of myself.

Because you can make a hackintosh PC which is as good as if not better than iMac.

I know the hardware sucks, it's macOS I can't do without.

So just pirate it and install it on that Dell shortbus.

you will get people calling you a fag on the internet

I found FL Studio is good for EDM but confusing for other kind of stuff. It all rotates around patterns, which are pretty useless if you do, say, metal.
Honestly I still have to find a better editing experience than Logic.

They most certainly are, if you are willing to tend to it like an infant. And keep track of all the workarounds if you need to format, install another version of the OS and such, to re-apply them hoping they still work, while your "macfag" competitors live on the bleeding edge.

Also I'd like a nice built-in display.

>FL Studio
eww

I wonder how many times this image gets posted in a single day

>using non-free software
better than shitty ad-laden free software imo

Windows tends to be a real bitch with making music. It can totally be done, sure, but the experience is NOT going to be fun.

That's not true at all. Pretty much every new Thinkpad costs tons more than a mbp.

Have a decent development environment without breaking every few days.

Go ahead and buy it.
A little pricey but if you have the cash go ahead. I don't see why we need to convince you otherwise since it's your money.

Uh, what? You install ASIO, install your DAW, and for the most part you're done.

You're BS, Wangblows can do everything, dual boot is the way to go.

Well, you're a retard.

Because I want to be sure I'm not missing any trivial alternative or being brainwashed by Apple advertising hurr durr

dae think le macfags are le gay xddddd

Given the reasons you listed, buy it and enjoy your machine.

music.stackexchange.com/questions/20484/how-to-make-asio-work-with-multiple-programs-simultaneously-how-can-i-listen-t

Pic related is a great example of

I bought a macbook pro for college, and although I liked it a lot (and still use my 2011 mbp all the time) the slim retina models tend to break down/overheat just out of warranty, and trust me they are a bitch and a half to fix.

I would honestly swap my macbook pro 2016 for the previous version.

I wonder how many times a day mactoddlers defend their overheating throttling trash.