What should I expect?

pointless random error popups from apport

That you will need to upgrade, as new version is coming end of this month.

ah nevermind it's disabled by default
a just werks(tm) experience then

>lts
In half a year

Old as shit software. Not not go for 17.04 or the new beta?

Look what he is installing, there is unity on top of it.

>tfw I had been using ubunt 12.04 from its release until version 16.04 came out
I should be more diligent in my system upgrades, really.

it's lts though, the point of it is to not upgrade it with every release.

17.04-17.10 barely adds anything new.

16.04 LTS will be the last great ubuntu release
ubuntu is finished

go for ubuntu MATE

this. everytime

this
MATE is better in almost every way. I still wanted to use Unity before it is dead but MATE just beats it in speed, resource use and overall comfy feel. Plus you can use the mutiny theme

Upgrade to 17.04 instead and use Ukuu to update your kernel to the latest version seamlessly. You'll have all the security patches you'll ever need. Also definitely get laptop-mode-tools and powertop if you're running this on a laptop, Ubuntu doesn't tend to have better battery life than Windows out of the box.

Whats the purpose of Ukuu when you can install manually in like a minute.

It notifies you when there's a new kernel update.

I dont care about the speed or the resources i just use it because its so comfy.. I dont think im ever going back to unity or xfce..

If you're technically inclined and/or have ever programmed anything in your life, a pleasant experience

If you're a gamer faggot, a bad time

the best OS for a beginner, a botnet for Sup Forums

You can change your desktop environment whenever you want, without installing a distro "flavor"

It's alright.

Linux mint, only ugly.

The next version of Ubuntu is coming out in less than two weeks and it's going to look radically different, so don't invest too much in learning the current UI since it's already been discontinued.