Every few minutes my computer hangs for half a second with an audio buzzing noises when torrenting...

Every few minutes my computer hangs for half a second with an audio buzzing noises when torrenting. Pic related is the ISR timeline at the time of the buzzing. I tried lots of versions of the Realtek ethernet driver. Switched on and off every "advanced setting" of the network adapter driver. WHAT THE FUCK SHOULD I DO??

Other urls found in this thread:

my.fsf.org/associate/support_freedom/donate
streamable.com/u5dy
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Stop using Windows.

Don't torrent.

Install Gentoo

this should help my.fsf.org/associate/support_freedom/donate

It might be your hdd

Stop lobbying, I need Windows. If this is a hardware issue using loonix wouldn't change anything about it.

It's not a hardware issue if it's temporary hanging

Maybe some component is temporarily overwhelmed?

That's not how this works. It's much more likely that shitdows is crashing your audio driver and locking up your CPU until it can get itself back together.

In fact, I have the same problem. Only happens on W10, W7 or linux are fine.

I have to admit this never happened when I had W7, but at that time I had a way slower connection. I attributed it to my comp not being able to handle fiber speeds.

If my driver crashed, would I get a buzzing noise?

dick around in power options

mine were throttled as fuck by default

I did, I've set everything to best performance. Even disabled CPU frequency throttling in the BIOS.

Yes. I actually had it happen to me when I used to play my Wii. A game would lock the system up and produce a loud buzzing noise.

Your Wii? On an emulator or ...

A video of the problem (not mine, but exact same thing happening).
streamable.com/u5dy

No, its quite literally Windows.

Looooong pauses where shit doesn't respond is totally normal even while idle on Windows 10 even with a high end processor and ssd.

It's not normal in my experience, although l-liking you is.

bampan in hope

Same thing happens for me in Windows 7 while running anything in exclusive full screen. Who the fuck knows? Weird stuff.

what's the hardware?

I also had this... It was my antivirus that had "real-time" checks on everything I downloaded which slowed it down. Just turned it off.

i uninstalled that shit

And this, along with their website, is why anyone who knows anything about computers hates realkek with a passion.

Agreed. Mostly when running Internet Explorer, in my experience.

The pause is so the telemetry can catch up to what you're working on. Working as intended.

Also happened with my old 980, 290 just holding me over until something comes out of either side that manages to impress me. It's doing surprisingly well as long as I keep things windowed/borderless.

SSD is a holdover I happened to have a spare of from back in the day when there was always a thread here about that hot new TRIM feature.

Do errors/warning log in the eventvwr during that time?

The tripfag is right, winfaggotry is killing your computer.

Stay calm. It's just Windows 10 checking in on your torrent client and sending the active torrent list to Microsoft to make sure you aren't downloading anything on their list of known illegal torrents.

No. The "hardware events" category is empty.

>Every few minutes my computer hangs
is it WINDOWS?