/pcbg/ - PC Building General

Coffee Lake has been released! Benchmarks / Reviews
techpowerup.com/reviews/

====

>Handy overview of available parts (outdated prices / builds)
logicalincrements.com/
>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC (You can find a lot more detailed videos on channels like Bitwit)
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g
>How to install Win7 on Ryzen
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

If you want help:
>State the budget & currency for your build
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, try to include information like response time, refresh rate, resolution, and size

CPUs:
>G4560/G4600 for non-gaming (light tasks) or bare minimum gaming builds with a dedicated graphics card
>R3 1200 - Budget builds (best with OC + fast RAM)
>i3 8100 - Better budget CPU; extra cost of the currently available Z mobos lessens the value of the CPU
>R5 1600 / i5 8400 - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>R7 / Used Xeon / Threadripper / i7 - Heavy Multi-Tasking / VM Work / Mixed use

RAM:
>Check your Mobo's QVL before buying RAM or look for user reports
>Ryzen CPUs benefit a lot from high speed RAM; 3000-3200 MHz is ideal

GPUs:
>Crypto-Currency miners have driven GPU prices up (particularly Radeon)
1080p
>GTX 1050Ti and 3GB 1060 are the only reasonably priced cards; 6GB 1060 if you want to overpay a little
>GTX 1070 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>GTX 1070 / 1080 are standard choices; currently overpriced
>GTX 1080Ti if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
>GTX 1080Ti

General:
>Consider a 240GB or larger SSD.
>Consider a Wireless Network Adapter, either 2.4 or 5GHz

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/DJJtvV
pastebin.com/pGXskyp6
github.com/ekistece/vlmcsd-autokms.
pcpartpicker.com/list/N4x2vV
pcpartpicker.com/product/YzNypg/gskill-memory-f42666c15d8gvr
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2W06DX4775
youtu.be/MrfTcXQlsbs
pcpartpicker.com/list/M3Hx8K
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1
logicalincrements.com/
pcpartpicker.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=VhdV2wv3jQs
pcpartpicker.com/user/30_4_1997/saved/BjTnnQ
pcpartpicker.com/list/vkTzJV
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

where can i find HD crts?

>Better budget CPU
>extra cost of the currently available Z mobos lessens the value of the CPU
lmao

In my experience, stock coolers are usually shit. I'll take a look though. As for the RAM, I picked what I did because of I've had unofficial win 7 for years and I'm kinda sick of that damn watermark. Ideally I'd rather just never worry about it again but I might pinch more pennies as I get closer to actually buying.
Difference between i5 and i7 8th gen seems pretty negligible especially for the price difference and ram is easy enough to upgrade later on if I don't just cannabalize my current PC's 16 gigs.
see above

How stupid would this be? pcpartpicker.com/list/DJJtvV

The cpu cooler is has is the same shitty one they have always provided by you could get buy on it for a while and know approx how much cooling you really need for it.

The cost of the platform is still in between the R3 1200 and R5 1600

R3 1200: $110 + $60 = $180
i3 8100: $220 bundle
R5 1600: $210 + $60 = $280

At $220 the i3 platform also often outperforms the R5 platform at $280

This the best mobo for the 8400 i have found so far. And as i told the other guy, it comes with a cooler and its locked so i dont know if it is a good idea to throw a 60 dollar cooler on it right away.

working on the new op, taking suggestions, how's this: pastebin.com/pGXskyp6

>I'm kinda sick of that damn watermark.
so you want to pay to get rid of a watermark instead of getting better hardware? just use a fucking activator like github.com/ekistece/vlmcsd-autokms.
also try to get 8600k, locked cpu with $1800 budget is just meh

pcpartpicker.com/list/N4x2vV
Im dumb, what cheap monitor can I get for my build?

BenQ

Ausus vg248qe is good for a cheap 144hz monitor

when will we get 4k 144hz

Locked cpus are never worth it.

baseclock overclocking has been a thing for a while

I personally dont like to bother overclocking a cou because its time consuming and expensive to pay the jew tax go get a k series and a water cooler

The RAM is a real bad choice and massively overpriced for one 8GB 2133MHz stick. You want two sticks for dual channel. Either pay the extra $40 or so and get 16GB, or get two 4GB sticks for $78, which are clocked higher and will allow dual channel. You can still upgrade to 16GB later.

pcpartpicker.com/product/YzNypg/gskill-memory-f42666c15d8gvr

>dont like to bother overclocking
more like getting jewed by running lower clocks for no reason

My build is still in the early stages. I just got a new job that pays way better and I'm adjusting my 6 year old build to match.
So everything is still very much in flux and I would like to think the final price will be at least a little lower and if the OS is an easy save then I'll definitely do that.

>Difference between i5 and i7 8th gen seems pretty negligible
Depends on your use case. In gaming, probably.

What monitor do you have to go with that 1080Ti? You need 1440p 144Hz or 4K.

Get 3000MHz memory
Either buy a better monitor or pick up a used one for $50 (to save it from the landfill)
Suggestion: newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2W06DX4775
Get an SSD

Just pick up any old used 1080p 60Hz IPS for $50

The main game I'll be playing with tis will be monster hunter whenever that comes out so I'm just going to use my 55" 4k 120 Hz TV since latency won't be much of a factor.
Other than that I have my old 60 Hz monitors from my current PC.

>muh gigahertz

The 8400 outperforms the 1600 and 1600X by a distance for gaymen no matter how much you overclock them. Therefore, they are both irrelevant. It also outperforms the 7700K, which was the best gaymen CPU on the market a week ago. It's the best of the Coffee Lake chips by a distance.

>inb4 pretending you don't care about gaymes and they don't matter

>some literally who german site
ok

>saving my money
>getting jewed
I am upgrading from a fx-6300 to an 8400 for 300 dollars. I feel good about it

OwO what's this?

wow another shill thread

False

>A8-9600 - non-gaming or bare minimum gaming builds with a dedicated graphics card
>with a dedicated graphics card
Stupid. The CPU is so bad it basically bottlenecks the integrated graphics at low res.
G4560/G4600 is the only answer if you're getting a dedicated graphics card and you want the minimum CPU.

>GTX 1050Ti / 3GB 1060 - Not overpriced, enough for 1080p@60fps at high settings
You shouldn't promise those framerates, especially with the 1050Ti. Unlikely at best.

While the 580 costs more than the 6GB 1060 it shouldn't be included.

OP being a faggot as usual?

>outperforms ryzen
in shitty games that use 1 core

Poozen really is a stinker

>G4560/G4600 is the only answer if you're getting a dedicated graphics card and you want the minimum CPU.
>100$ dual core
its shit fuck off OP you tremendous faggot killing these threads

Really glad i didnt decide to pay over twice as much getting the 8700k that runs very hot

so get the 8400 ($0 difference)
and a mobo with an external clock generator
free performance gain

In the vast majority of games, faggot. There aren't even any modern games that only use one core.

Some argument could be made about minimums, but I haven't seen any recent data except on the techpowerup benches, which shows that the i3 8100 will be about the same as the R5 1600

Alright so i3 is better than i7 in gaymen lol

Meh, it will be pretty fast. Like i said i am going from a 6300, this thing is blazing compared to what i have

>Half assing your upgrade

Why.

I'm Jesus, retard. It's a 2c/4t CPU. Cry more. The Pentium has better minimums that the R3 1200 in BF1 according to

There are just as fast because going more cores is retarded.

Amdahl's law will always be there.

G.SKILL Releases New Extreme DDR4 Specifications for the 8th Gen Intel® Core™ Processor and Z370 Platform (releases Novemeber)

1070 TI. Comes out at the end of October as well.

Ive also heard that for some people intels new i5 series arent performing well on gigbyte mobos either.

>dem AMD sour grape comments
Top kek

Well what mobo would you suggest

Is there a list of ECC compatible Ryzen motherboards?
Now that 2666 MHz DDR4 ECC RAM finally came out, I don't want non-ECC.

All the CPUs at the top are within margin of error of each other

>Amdahl's law
It shows we should go to 8 or 16 cores

what I'm saying is that you should do that and overclock it too, it is still possible to overclock a locked chip, unless you are too lazy, just pick a mobo that has a external clock generator.

also here is a vid that talks about this a lot but with skylake and the i5 6500 which is similar
youtu.be/MrfTcXQlsbs

has anyone got a core utilization chart during gaymanning for new 8400? want to see if the extra two cores are worth it or just go with 8350K instead

Do people actually like the look of the rainbow effects from RGB components? I thought the whole point was to set it to one or a couple of colors to color-match your system.

Are there any that have this on amazon?

>G4560/G4600
>i3 8100 - Better budget CPU
My sides

the thing is 7th pentiums are on a dead platform and the best cpu you can upgrade to is already outperformed by 8400 that costs half as much, so i don't feel like buying them is a good idea

>You shouldn't promise those framerates, especially with the 1050Ti. Unlikely at best.
i will change it to medium-high. i always assume that graphical settings are "medium, high, very high, ultra".
>While the 580 costs more than the 6GB 1060 it shouldn't be included.
there are 580 4gb available at the same price, so if someone has a monitor with freesync it's a viable choice

>majority of gaymer market are people with duo-quad core processors
>thinking developers are going to optimize for the tiny percentage of users on 6-8 and multithreaded
It still amazes how many people buy into 8 core processors when all they do is game.

idk lads i like my ryzen 7 1700x, i mean if i feel like it doesnt perform sufficiently then i could just buy an intel CPU i dont see what it is you fags are fighting about desu

BLCK OC sucks. You lose a lot of features. Be prepared to start a space heater any time you turn your PC on

>the thing is 7th pentiums are on a dead platform
Who cares if no new CPUs are being released on a platform? The ones that have been already are big upgrade from the G4560. There's plenty of upgrade options

>outperformed by 8400 that costs half as much
You don't understand how the used market works. I repeat: The used marked always tells the true value of the CPUs, so the old i5s will now cost the same on the used market as new i3s. The same thing happens with graphics cards.

I'm dumb, do you always need a heatsink for a build or can you get away with not having one?

pcpartpicker.com/list/M3Hx8K

This is the build I'm going for

Intel shills are in full force defending their paper launch

pottery

the 1600 comes with a cooler.

op is a intel shill, honestly i should just make a new thread with the real op in it

General:
>If your build isn't completely Poverty-tier, consider an SSD. Consider buying a large SSD for the price of an HDD + SSD, and saving 50$ to buy an HDD
>If your build needs Wifi, you will need a Wireless Network Adapter. General rule of thumb is more than 2 antennas. 2.4ghz or 5.
>Windows 7 with RYZEN setup tips
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

If you want help:
>Remember, we're not here to build a PC for you, we're here to help you
>View this handy guide on picking parts (MSRP)
logicalincrements.com/
>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>If your part list needs a monitor, include information like response time, refresh rate, and resolution
>State the budget & currency for your build
>List your uses, e.g. Gaymen, Video Editing, etc
>Learn how to build a PC (You can find a lot more detailed videos on other channels)
youtube.com/watch?v=VhdV2wv3jQs

CPUs:
Coffee lake was paper launched, don't bother until like November/December
>A8-9600 (APU) - Poverty-tier builds (At this point, if it's for gaymen, you should just buy an Optiplex and put a GPU in)
>R3 1200 - Budget builds (~500)
>R3 1300x - Gap between 1200 & Ryzen 5, consider a 1400 if you need multithreading
>R5 1600 - Best bang for your buck with gaymen & mixed uses, 1600x if you don't like overclocking
>R7 / Used Xeon / Threadripper - Heavy multi-tasking & mixed uses, not just for gaymen

GPUs:
>1050 TI - 1080p 60hz at low/medium settings
>1060 6GB/RX 580 - 1080p 60hz at high/ultra settings
>1070/Vega 56 - 1080p 144hz at high/ultra settings, or 1440p 60hz at high/ultra settings
>1080 TI - 1440p 144hz at high/ultra settings, or 4k 60hz at high/ultra settings

RAM:
RAM costs so much because newer phones use DDR4 memory.
>Check your Mobo's QVL
>Ryzen CPUs benefit a lot from high speed RAM, 3200MHz is ideal

here's the post if you want to go ahead

oh I feel silly. thanks user

NO BUY COFFEE LAKE JUST WAIT FOR DECEMBER

How do i tell if a mobo can do it? Can this one do it?

some come with a stock cooler, some do not anymore

pcpartpicker will tell you if you need a cooler

>autistic shills keep making horrible OPs
how pathetic

Of course the developers optimize for eight cores, retard. What kind of CPUs do you think consoles have? Oh that's right, eight core CPUs. (Well, technically APUs but that's irrelevant.)

Only new CPUs not available are the i7s. i3s and i5s are

Fuck off, retard. I might apply to be a janitor next time around, and then you'll be b& if you don't quit shitposting on Sup Forums

Intel cucks going on about how great coffee lake is even though its a paper launch while saying vega 56 is shit even though its almost as unobtainable and overpriced as coffee lake

>from one shill to another

Why are you mad? The only people in here really talking about coffeelake are talking about the 8400 because its nice and available.

see just make a new one and sage this shit

>Fuck off, retard. I might apply to be a janitor next time around, and then you'll be b& if you don't quit shitposting on Sup Forums

ill be sure to be on the IRC tonight :^)

>intel shill getting this triggered
oy fucking vey

modified, still taking suggestions: pastebin.com/pGXskyp6

how is it shilling in any way shape or form

>coffee lake
>available
dont lie on the internet

Hmm

>availability as of 2 days ago
wew lad

>In stock
>In stock
>In stock
How is it unavailable?

pcpartpicker.com/user/30_4_1997/saved/BjTnnQ

tips
advice
comments
like and subscribe
I need a good beautiful gayman case with big glass windows, S340 Elite would be my choice but I can't acquire, thinking of Enthoo evolv or Corsair 570x (would already go with this pile of unfinished smelly shit but it has ram clearance issues with a top radiator, nice job corshait)

Tell me about PSU's, there's a 20 dollar difference between evga g2 and g3 PSU's, why?

>how is it shilling in any way shape or form
just because coffeve lake is out of stock at your local store doesn't hold true for the rest of the world it IS available and IS useful (for gayman) removing all mentions of it from OP makes you look like an obvious AMD shill/fanboy at least try to earn that paycheck m8

>m-make sure you buy intel goyim so I can keep collecting these shekels

>56%istan
when will ameriturds realize the entire world doesn't revolve around them

also shilling the fuck out of your own cpu before you even get is just tells you that you subconsciously know that you make a mistake

See the 7600K in that chart? Literally the exact same CPU as the 8350K.

>buying a 4c4t CPU in almost 2018

>mfw people buy a gaming pc and pair it with a monitor that will only do 60fps

t. 56%

no one care about your shit cucked country you dumb amerinigger

Im actually really excited. I am upgrading from a fx6300 from under 500 dollars. Also amazon offered me 10% cash back on my prime credit card for these items.

Getting this pcpartpicker.com/list/vkTzJV put together. Should I bother with the purchased Heatsink if I don't plan on overclocking the CPU?

I don't understand it either. Even simple desktop usage is much better with 144hz.

then if it should be included even if it will be out of stock for the better part of the next 3 months then why don't you include vega 56?

Wow way to move to goal post. No one cares about your little 3rd world shithole

>fx to coffee lake
>housefire to housefire
>stutter to stutter
>200 watts to 200 watts
ok i see you are just incapable of making good decisions

I was going to go down the route of calling you a pussified eurocuck but you are shitting on intel shills so good on you.

Damn the850 evo was 250 when i bought it 2 years ago. Fucked up think is my mobo only has sata 2 and next week i will finally get to see the full speed of my ssd.

>someone from a 56% white country calling a proud white aryan "third world"
just lol, time to support Israel goyim, buy my cpu

don't tell me to get coffee lake, I live in a hot place and I don't want housefires

>buying anything less than a 4k display
>2017

Jesus fuck. You high refresh fags are almost as bad as 21:9 fags.

'attaboy, gurgle on those jewish testicles

>mfw someone tells me to buy intel shit

No one likes intel, not eurocucks, slavshits, pajeets, or chinks. Literally the only people i have ever seen defend intel are that brazilian shitposter or amerifats

I'm waiting for this

Made a real /pcbg/ thread, just leave this faggots thread