What is a toptier headphone for gaming? and music?

what is a toptier headphone for gaming? and music?

i want to upgrade mine but i have no idea what to buy

HD558

Something open. One of the Sennheiser HD 5xx headphones. They might be a bit expensive now though, since the 518/558/598 were just replaced, and new headphones tend to actually sell at MSRP. There were good deals going on for the 558 for a while, looks like that might be over now. See what you can find.

There's also the Audio-Technica ATH-AD700x.

ah yes let’s tarnish a brand because a pair of $15 headphones they make broke in half

>put your brand on shitty product
>but don't associate the brand with the product

Fuck off, shekelstein.

HD579

superlux HD668B
You'll want to get new ear cups but it's great for gaming and really inexpensive

Why is everyone insecure tonight?
Read it again.

>Gaming
Audio Technica AD700X

>Gaming & Music
Audio Technica AD1000X

what brand tarnish austimlord? OP is asking for a replacement/upgrade. He did not complain about his old headphones

I came here to recommend the open HD518, too. My budget was pretty low, and these things sound great. You can even add in the pictured microphone (which also works surprisingly well).

bookshelf speakers.

how does somethign like this happen

shit happens user. Sometimes I put headphones over my head. Sometimes I try to see if I can put them on a watermelon. maybe carve a little face into it and put a hat on it. Try to make a watermelon friend who sits next to me and listens to the same music. Sometimes the headphones can't take that. It's a tough world, user

hyper x clouds are alright

beyerdynamic DT 880 250 ohm through a schiit stack

Philips SHD8700.
Not perfect for hours on head, but great range and crystal clear sound. Rechargeable with interchangeable AAA batteries. No mic. Cheap.

Get a good pair of headphones and a modnic. That way you get the best of both worlds.

Big heda.

I have the HD 201 as in OP's pic, I dropped mine many many times (due to stepping on the long wires) and yet it still haven't snapped in half.

Superlux HD681

I like how everyone on /hpg/ is always talking about how they need to replace cups every year or so from their super expensive headphones, meanwhile the cups on my 50$ headphones are like new after two years of usage, every day for 8 hours minimum.

Ayyy muh nigguh