discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

debian.org/women/
wiki.debian.org/AntiHarassment
lafalafu.com/krc/privilege.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Windows

unironically gentoo

CRUX or anything lightweight which you can add your own dependencies onto it afterwards

aka they're all essentially the same shit besides the pleb intro distro's like mint and ubuntu.

your mom lol

Ubuntu.

first post best post

Artix

This

FSF approved distros

this is correct. thank.

objectively this one

Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Manjaro

I like this post.

For Servers: Debian Stable

For Games. Windows 10 after being trimmed with Antibeacon and ooshutup10

I watched this gif so many times.

they all suck

void linux

It represented me cleaning GNU+Linux off my computer and finding 2 friends; Fun & Goodtimes.

antiX

Anything based on arch linux
Why?
Because pacman, that's why

Wallpaper please

Thank you kind user

you're welcome :)

Devuan

question for all you loonix fags
if i wanted to change the manjaro(or any other) start menu icon could i do it with any image of my liking? would it be hard?

no, it isn't hard. as you can see i changed mine to a blue one.

dont know how it is with other versions, but with Manjaro Cinnamon it's just a right click on the icon, Settings, and then i can choose the path.

yes, you can use any image you like

ok, thank you

THATS NOT EVEN FUCKING FUNNY

it is, because it's true

Gentoo.

Arch - most recent software, best documentation, no bloatware by design, even more software via AUR, bulletproof if you update often and read important arch news prior to it, not giving a fuck about FSF fascists, you decide whether you use proprietary software or not, not giving about ideologies at all, so no SJW bullshit (unlike Debian). Also Gentoo sucks, because you spend too much time customizing your distro/compiling software instead of actually using your computer.

KDE - the most complete Desktop Environment, the only one that lets you configure almost all options of synaptics driver without using synclient commands. Due to modular design, you decide how complex is the DE you're going to use. Also, doesn't force you to use a certain layout and allows you to disable compositing. Has lower memory usage than GNOME despite being more useable.

>SJW bullshit (unlike Debian)
Tell me more.

Arch and galliumos

manjaro

Arch is for fedora tippers. Gentoo for programmers. Ubuntu minimal (flavors) for everyone else.

Minimal Ubuntu install then building from there

Sounds like bullshit, explain.

debian.org/women/
wiki.debian.org/AntiHarassment

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Solus.

>The Male Programmer Privilege Checklist
>lafalafu.com/krc/privilege.html
>14. Not having to explain why the term "gentlemen" doesn't include you.
>20. Not having to think about what gender you are.
>45. The privilege of being able to deny the existence of your own privilege as a male programmer.

WTF, people will complain about anything these days.
Guess im never using debian, this is pure cancer.

Antergos with Openbox or Manjaro.

Kys

Gentoo seems to be max /comfy/ though.

I wrote my own kernel in Nim.

I will have a fully working operating system before this weekend is over due to the power of Nim.

end your existance

Funny thing, I just finished programming the Kill command in the Nim programming language.

i didn't say kill yourself, i want you to physically remove yourself from this plane of existence.

Funny thing, I just finished programming the hardware kill switch firmware using the Nim programming language.

>doesn't support unetbootin

>using unetbootin

Debian
Devaun
Arch
Gentoo
Parabola

Oh boy, i'm reddit famous now! Do I get a prize?

fpbp as usual

>best documentation
While the Arch wiki covers a broad range of topics, most of the articles only cover a single aspect of the topic or just consist of "copypasta this into your terminal to make it work".
>no bloatware by design
Which is why a lot of packages have a fuckton of optional dependencies enabled, and why the default kernel config has a lot of useless things enabled too.
>even more software via AUR
even more binary incompatibility via barely tested and insecure packages
>bulletproof if you update often and read news
So is Gentoo, except it's always bulletproof, updating may turn out to be a pain in the ass similar to Arch if you didn't update for a few months, but your system remains entirely usable either way. Pacman doesn't even care about reverse dependencies and blindly drops binary packages into the live system, which then suddenly breaks down to the point where you need a chroot from a live CD to fix it.
>Gentoo sucks because you spend too much time customizing/compiling
You could use binary packages for your browser and LibreOffice, which are the only packages where this is actually a slight problem. Even then, those packages have a big update interval and letting your computer do something in the background for 2 hours every other month or so shouldn't be a problem. Everything else compiles in 20 minutes max. As for too much customizing, fix your ricing addiction.

this

>Antergos
- Based on Arch (basically is Arch)
- Adds a couple of other packages in a separate repo which most of them can also be found in the AUR, but are now maintained by trusted developers
- Can be installed via Cnchi (its graphical installer) or by doing it the Arch way
- All the Arch benefits (pacman, AUR, speed, bleeding edge, wiki, community)
- "Just werks" (tm) and looks great in its default configuration, which is good for beginners and normies

>using optical media

slackware
/thread

>generic hipster flavor of the month distro