/ptg/ - Private Tracker General

old >Have a question?
FAQ pastebin.com/hrXxMHs9
WIKI wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>This is a thread for educational purposes only. Don't offer or ask for invites.
>Staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/MF29cPS
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My assumption is that massive site overhauls in code and design are a cry for help. Before What.CD closed last year it announced in the summer it wanted to replace Gazelle with Meteor, exactly the same happened this year with TC.
I believe TC lacked the internal organisation to foresee that future operations were at risk of failing because its current organisation, and its skill set, did not similarly exist for its own development.
The same could have been seen at the time of What.CD's collapse. Development stagnated internally, the management reached out with the attraction of a new beautiful design asking for contributors, again did not have the skills in its administration to lead that design's development and more importantly did not have the skills to foresee that its temporary reverse proxies were a weakness, and soon collapsed.
My theory is that whenever a tracker announces sweeping changes, from new separate servers for just about everything, new frameworks, and requests community development help, that it's struggling internally and is on the verge of not making it past six months.
I think the above scenario can be recognised in multiple stages:
>Slow or no implementation of suggestions
>Little staff initiative to tracker improvement
>Those lead to infrequent developmental announcements
>Staff no longer see the tracker as fun to run
>They aim for a reinvigoration and announce an overhaul to reinspire themselves and the community
>Staff are still incapable of leading
>Eventual failure because of existing weaknesses, loss of community support from first two stages, no uptake to the overhaul to strengthen tracker longevity

Fite me irl kid

No problem. Give me your address and I'll fuck you up like I fuck up my site.

Where do these fuckers in bib and mam find audio books to upload

They buy a book and record themselves reading it and upload.

they record themselves reading books. how else?

you have got to be fucking kidding me

Library books work best, when you're done just return it.

fuck off neon

Same places they find ebooks. Pro-tip: nobody downloads audiobooks on Bib.

stop thinking that everything comes to you without working

My assumption is that massive site overhauls in code and design are a cry for help. Before What.CD closed last year it announced in the summer it wanted to replace Gazelle with Meteor, exactly the same happened this year with TC.

I believe TC lacked the internal organisation to foresee that future operations were at risk of failing because its current management, and its skill set, did not similarly exist for its own development.

The same could have been see at the time of What.CD's collapse. Development stagnated internally, the management reached out with the attraction of a new beautiful design asking for contributors, again did not have the skills in its administration to lead that design's development and more importantly did not have the skills to foresee that its temporary reverse proxies were a weakness, and soon collapsed.

My theory is that whenever a tracker announces sweeping changes, from new separate servers for just about everything, new frameworks and requests community development help, that it's struggling internally and is on the verge of not making it past six months.

I think the above scenario can be recognised in multiple stages: * Slow or no implementation of suggestions

Little staff initiative to tracker improvement
Those lead to infrequent developmental announcements
Staff no longer see the tracker as fun to run
They aim for a reinvigoration and announce an overhaul to reinspire themselves and the community
Staff are still incapable of leading
Eventual failure because of existing weaknesses, loss of community support from first two stages, no uptake to the overhaul to strengthen tracker longevity

I believe TC lacked the internal organisation to foresee that future operations were at risk of failing because its current management, and its skill set, did not similarly exist for its own development.

The same could have been see at the time of What.CD's collapse. Development stagnated internally, the management reached out with the attraction of a new beautiful design asking for contributors, again did not have the skills in its administration to lead that design's development and more importantly did not have the skills to foresee that its temporary reverse proxies were a weakness, and soon collapsed.

My theory is that whenever a tracker announces sweeping changes, from new separate servers for just about everything, new frameworks and requests community development help, that it's struggling internally and is on the verge of not making it past six months.

I think the above scenario can be recognised in multiple stages: * Slow or no implementation of suggestions

They aim for a reinvigoration and announce an overhaul to reinspire themselves and the community
Eventual failure because of existing weaknesses, loss of community support from first two stages, no uptake to the overhaul to strengthen tracker longevity

Why is my GGn app still pending Sup Forumsirls.

What did you write?

I don't remember but I put a profile link to my IPT account with 30gb down, 42gb up... that should be good enough?

For GGn? Thats more than enough

did you mention your 3 favorite games?

You can't have three favorites... at most two.

and thats not why you are getting that invite. Better luck next time kiddo

still pending... As a loyal templar to our lord I think i deserve this... I train in hes name for the coming crusades - Why would he turn hes back on me now? Unless he wants me to have no distractions and spend more time training my body and soul for the inevitable... Interesting

anime is a mental illness

Why do you need a video gaming tracker? You can find everything on aggregator sites, soulseek and rutracker. Also iirc they keep torrents .rarred so you will have to keep the game on your PC twice (if you want to both play and force seed it)

I'm 47 and watch cmoplex anime every day, no mental illness here.

>My assumption is that massive site overhauls in code and design are a cry for help. Before What.CD closed last year it announced in the summer it wanted to replace Gazelle with Meteor, exactly the same happened this year with TC.
>I believe TC lacked the internal organisation to foresee that future operations were at risk of failing because its current management, and its skill set, did not similarly exist for its own development.
>The same could have been see at the time of What.CD's collapse. Development stagnated internally, the management reached out with the attraction of a new beautiful design asking for contributors, again did not have the skills in its administration to lead that design's development and more importantly did not have the skills to foresee that its temporary reverse proxies were a weakness, and soon collapsed.
>My theory is that whenever a tracker announces sweeping changes, from new separate servers for just about everything, new frameworks and requests community development help, that it's struggling internally and is on the verge of not making it past six months.
>I think the above scenario can be recognised in multiple stages: * Slow or no implementation of suggestions
>Little staff initiative to tracker improvement
>Those lead to infrequent developmental announcements
>Staff no longer see the tracker as fun to run
>They aim for a reinvigoration and announce an overhaul to reinspire themselves and the community
>Staff are still incapable of leading
>Eventual failure because of existing weaknesses, loss of community support from first two stages, no uptake to the overhaul to strengthen tracker longevity

/ptg/ discord

because we deserve one

discord.gg/MF29cPS

delete this, fucking neon

Is there anything on GG you wouldn't get on IP and probably leech free as well for the larger things? IP literally has everything.

Anything interesting happen since PTP reopened recruitment? I haven't been on for a few weeks.

fuck ptp honestly

PTP restricted recruitment to TM+

the only reasonable requirements are in the recruitment thread on HDB but you aren't on HDB

I am on HDB actually, and I'm on PTP, but that's not what I was asking. I was asking if there's been any news and using PTP reopening recruitment as a reference point to ask if there's been any news since then.

Nothing much has happened, just waiting for BTN recruitment now

no news

PTP went pay2leech, Teh shut down, Red became cabal, around 20 new curry tracker opened, /ptg/ is still superior

Uh, sure. My elite status says otherwise.

That wont end well
Source: oldfag that used to post in oppaitime #ptg

Audible.com and the software in the forum to de-drm them.

The audiobooks search results are filled to the brim with 010 and 120. Kill yourself, contrarian imbecile.

someone offered me an hdb invite but i have to give him a handjob

worth it?

hdb invite is worth at least anal, so you are getting off easy. Take the deal with both hands

wear gloves and make sure no one is watching/making a video

or make the video yourself and upload it to EMP

path to BTN?

OT -> 10 Uploads + 6 Months -> BTN

no

path to OP?

feet pic or PU at RED / HDBits

this won't end well.

lies

>

No fucking way, so much for OT sundering the cabal

Nice inspect element. Also, fix that font rendering, faggot, the kerning is vomit inducing.

Lol yes they do. I got way more upload from audiobooks than any epubs aside from the odd architecture book.

Dab world

i guarantee my font rendering > yours

>a retard doesn't understand that his single anecdotal sample isn't representative of the whole tracker
Out of 10.5k audiobooks 3.5k are unsnatched, 2.5k were snatched once and 3k were snatched less than five times over the span of several years. Stop being contrarian and kill yourself, retarded fag.

>oppaitime
>spaghetti banned on most trackers.

Why on earth would someone recruit on OT?

They should really just 10% UL/DL audiobooks. Having torrents no one snatches is useless.

I just tipped 312c

Decide to apply for PTN to replace TC as my movie tracker backup.

Recruitment requires all the different usernames you use in different trackers.

So curry and so demanding.

Decide to stick with PTP.

just give them some of them. Thats how i got in.

But tracker is shit and ugly as fuck. Aint even worth it as back up.

Almost every one of my audiobooks has 1+ snatches. It isn't like MAM, where you'll get dozens of snatches within the first hour. But over the course of a couple weeks, most of them get snatched if you weren't completely stupid in what you uploaded.

Your claim was that people don't download audiobooks on Bib and that just isn't true. Uploading audiobooks is way, way easier than trying to find 200mb cookbooks on Overdrive that have yet to be uploaded, if you goal is hitting Elite or growing a decent buffer.

PTN is so terrible. For those considering this also -- let me save you some time. Don't join it, it isn't worth it.

MTV is literally a better movie tracker than PTN.

They dont' want all. Just "some" as they have a requirement that you are "active in the torrenting community".

>tfw two more month to get into PTP
The thread will still be up, r-right?

>MTV is literally a better movie tracker than PTN.
MTV doesn't have movies though? I mean it just has TV shit and maybe some movies related to TV shows. It doesn't even have criterion collection

I have a couple of Redacted invites. First person to guess my favorite album of all time gets one. GO!

ITAOTS

KID A

No

>1+ snatches over the course of a couple weeks
KEK.
>Your claim was that people don't download audiobooks on Bib and that just isn't true.
It is true, dumb faggot. A third of all audiobooks are unsnatched, and another half are snatched just a few times in several years.

Is it a Sup Forums meme?

how am i supposedtoknow faggot
>btw /marked/

Give me one bad reason to join oppaitime

censored asian pussies

Views From the /ptg/

Today I've received my first invite on HDB.

I'm so excited that I'll give it away

First come, first serve.

///PYRAMID ALERT\\\

dunkirk.1958.720p.bluray.x264-ghouls.mkv
>dunkirk.1958.720p.bluray.x264-ghouls.mkv

>couple weeks
Out of 400+ audio uploads in the last two weeks less than 90 got snatched and less than 15 out of those more than once. Meanwhile any retail epub gets instasnatched by 3-5 boxes. Stay cucked and keep on praying, retard.

I don't think it's a meme no, but it's FAIRLY well known by Sup Forums. Not Sup Forumscore or memecore, but maybe a level or two below that

Is it rock or pop or electronic or jazz or classical?

FLAC rips of songs that had shitty recording in the first place don't always peak at 22k, right? So if the peaks have no "boxes" it's safe to assume it's not a transcode?
I downloaded an album off someone's bandcamp that was recorded in the 80s in a third world country, it peaks at around 17k but there's no "boxes".

>upload audiobook
>~25% chance to get snatched for several hundred mbs of buffer
>buffer is likely worth several hundred ebooks
Uploading audiobooks probably shouldn't be the only thing you do, but to abstain would be dumb.

probably....it's set to TM+ because they want to keep it up.

It's safe enough to assume so, yes. See if you can't find any faint traces of some frequencies reaching up higher though. I downloaded an album that was fairly minimalistic so it looked like it peaked somewhere in the mid-10s, but when I zoomed in as far as I could I saw tiny amounts of white noise extend up to 22

[email protected]

sent me a message there if you want

>worth several hundred ebooks
What the fuck are you even talking about, cretin? Are you not on Bib at all? Any 3-5 picture filled lifestyle shit guides will get you the same amount of buffer instantly. And no, you don't need 200MB architecture books and yes it's piss easy to find that crap on Overdrive and other e-libraries. Wasting time gambling with audiobooks for no payoff is just plain retarded.

How often does AHD do special event freeleech? What about sitewide FL?

hi guys!

>needing global FL on a site that has permanent 75% FL on all internals
How can a single person be this curry?

fucking
>/marked/

FUCK

>Sup Forums
it's obviously some 90-00's indie rocky poppy album

marked as fuck

>bibliotik.me (2)
wew dude, you doubled your collection

>order the book of the new sun books