1. Country

1. Country
2. Do you read Wikipedia articles in English rather than in your mother tongue?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZByZlcxUVjM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Featured_articles
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slovenia#Slavic_settlement
sco.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
arz.wikipedia.org
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1. Flag
2. In french

denmark
yes, unless it's about obscure danish subjects

1 holland
2 no

The French Wikipedia is really good IMO.

I do both actually

1 Belarus
2 Does russian count as the mother language if belorussian exists?

>tfw sometimes have to switch to simple english

1. Flag
2. No

Same shit, bro :3

France
Yes, they're more complete unless it is something about france

1. Freedom land
2. English is the only language I'll ever need

>2016
>Doesn't know russian

Keep telling yourself that, ameribro.

Soon enough, the US will be a bilingual english-spanish country, and you'll have no choice but to learn the language of the spics who came to colonize you.

Depends
the English articles are more detailed, but the Hebrew ones have a section about how it applies to/in Israel in almost every applicable article

>...he said on a website dedicated to Japanese culture

Russia
I usually prefer Russian ones, but they often don't have enough needed information so I have to switch to English.

If I'm looking for something concerning Slovenia, I go to the Slovene Wikipedia. In other cases, I usually stick to the English version but I often check both.

t. simpleton

I ended up there a few times somehow and it took me a while to figure out why all articles were so shit and written for literal primary school pupils.

Yes. Bulgarian wikipedia is only good for Bulgaria related stuff, history and biology for some reason

>live in a village
>get to turn a stub article on my hometown into a proper one
Anyone else shares the feel?

France
Yes, because most of them are much more developed

1. Russia
2. No. Anglais est merde

Your children will need Spanish, kurwa

youtube.com/watch?v=ZByZlcxUVjM

*merdique

English has by far the best article on 9/10 pages, not sure why you wouldn't if you can comprehend it.

>not writing bullshit about your hometown to worry strangers

What language are we using on this website?

>not writing a tourist guide
>not mentioning every single place where foreigners can spend money in your locale

This

Sometimes when I'm bored I just go through this page and read random articles

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Featured_articles

It's way too France-centric.

I usually read in Russian.

1. PerĂº
2. Sometimes. Runa Simi wikipedia is complete crap.

English mostly.

But Vietnamese for Asian history, chemical elements and countries, it's much more familiar and pretty good.

Also
>tfw our Wikipedia is full of bot-created articles

The language of the English people, an actual ethnicity as opposed to the so-called "Americans".

Yes, but the wikipedia in Spanish is not bad.

I try to get more accurate information than Wikipedia offers.

Depends on the subject.
I usually check both.
It's really usefull if I want to get a classic book's name in another language.

Depends.

Is this supposed to make me mad or something? I'm glad English is my native language despite not having 1% of blood from the UK.

Yes, unless it's about something Finnish or if I want the simple gist of a fuckhuge English article.

I believe this is what some would call a cuck.

yes
Arabic wiki is opiniated (sunni propaganda on everything),empty trash

>proudly boasting about your ignorance of other languages than English
>on a Japanese-owned website based around anime and manga in the Japanese language

That's why it's really good famalam

My paper encyclopaedia is deeper on "classic" subjects, but rarely more accurate. It's also full of biased articles, especially on literature and art, while Wikipedia is more neutral.

Your country was cucked by Germans, Austrians, Italians, Croats and Serbs until the 90's... That's a lot worse than being in a former colonial nation.

If everyone spoke French there is a huge chance that you would only know French. Despite this I am conversational in Spanish and Italian.

>get a classic book's name in another language

This desu, Wikipedia is a godsend for books, movies, cities, famous people... that don't carry the same name in other languages.

Is that why we can speak of a Slovene nation/ethnicity, Slovene language, Slovene country, Slovene culture, Slovene history,...?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slovenia#Slavic_settlement

itsfuckingnothing.jpg

We have more history and cultural output than Slovenia, unironically

im actually laughing.. the entire history section up until 1987 is essentially just listing who owned your 'country'

"The 19th century also saw a revival of culture in the Slovene language"

you were dominated that hard KEK

The Dutch Wikipedia is actually pretty good, so mostly that, but yeah English often for more information.

>his first language is a language of another nation
>his country has no actual historical, ethnic or any other sort of basis
>his "people's" history begins just over 200 years ago
>his "culture" is Hollywood and McDonald's
>the people in his country form some sort of mischling "ethnicity"
Hamburgers don't count as cultural output.
Try harder next time.

>If everyone spoke French there is a huge chance that you would only know French

No because I'm actually educated.

Even when French was king in Europe (17th and 18th century), educated French people knew several languages. Knowing Italian, English or Spanish was part of any good education. Not even talking about Latin.

That's why the most famous French play (Le Cid by Corneille, 1637) begins with a full page entirely in Spanish, with no translation whatsoever.

>but rarely more accurate
English language articles about Russian culture usually have many mistakes. The language barrier is real and they have very few people who know Russian well and do proper reserch. What goes to most magazines, papers and internet is even less than serious books.

They actually kinda do count as cultural output.

But America was settled by the British. The country from birth primarily spoke English. I don't get how that's being cucked.

Let's be honest here, Wikipedia as a whole is pretty shit. The writing is insanely unencyclopedic, really there's just too many high schoolers and shills writing there. Encyclopedias are better left to people who actually know how to write in an encyclopedic style.

1. flag
2. fuck yes
Arabic Wikipedia is full of Conservapedia-tier bullshit. Plus, MSA is an incredibly stagnant/backward language, so you can't really read (or write) technical articles in it.

We have a lot more output than that but the fact that you can cite things about American culture that you don't like adds more to my argument.

When I go to Europe I see so much of my country there and I have to think that a lot of you don't even realize that it's American or your local imitation of American things.

I thought Slovene and Czech are just memes that the two government created? Aren't they the same? There was a thing called Czechoslovakian language back then...

This is why it was forbidden to use in class,

you're not wrong, but slovenia is still a tiny irrelevant shitty little "country" no one ever cared about or ever will. No offense btw

You're thinking Slovakian and Czech. Slovene and Slovakia are different countries.

Yes.

pt wikipedia is mostly trash
And if you think en wikipedia is politically biased wait until you see the shit in pt wikipedia.

That is slovak,not slovene.

How is it filled of conservative shit?

Flag
Sometimes. Swedish Wikipedia is pretty decent though.

Shit, Slovenia*

>google some technical computer stuff
>goes to wikipedia
>the pt is too short
>changes to en
>it is too fucking big
>goes to a university page instead

>Even when French was king in Europe (17th and 18th century), educated French people knew several languages. Knowing Italian, English or Spanish was part of any good education. Not even talking about Latin.
That isn't unique to France for the time period. In modern times a huge amount of French people can't hold a conversation in anything but French, and you can't deny that.

On my plane back from France pretty much every French person couldn't communicate in English enough to go through English language customs.

That doesn't make any sense because we never stopped speaking our language so Slovene culture never ended. As opposed to American culture which never even started in the first place.

It's a cultural output when I shit the hamburger out at the end of the day.

Putin (someone who has achieved more than you did) is caring about it as we speak.

Having knowledge about a place doesn't mean being culturally dominated by it.

You should call yourself British then.

oh shit...

Isn't MSA more or less an extremely artificial version of Arabic that people tend not to speak?

>you don't even realize that it's American

Like literally what? Don't tell me "blue jeans" or similar bullshit.

The only putin I know is a mediocre sauce to eat with french fries

I don't understand why you're getting so salty desu. salt goes well with french fries too

>Having knowledge about a place doesn't mean being culturally dominated by it.
Western and Central Europe is pretty much culturally dominated by us, yea. To the point where you don't even notice that it permeates your everyday life.

I understand that is a hard pill to swallow but it's the truth

Russian for something neutral
Ukrainian/English for not something neutral

We aren't British, though. We separated from them and created our own identity in the past couple centuries along with other European immigrants who came here. Besides, British people are only people who come from Britain. You don't see Canadians, Australians, or Kiwis calling themselves British.

Not him, but shit, all you fuckers watch American television.

>mfw people near me read swedish wikipedia
Those pages usually have like three sentences to describe something while the english version is really fleshed out
That goes for pages on swedish stuff aswell

Only country I have been to in europe that was not buttfucked by american culture was serbia

Adjust according to your needs instead of being a full blown autist all the time.

cucklord lmao im glad the nigger cock is in your ass aswell

Bad bait.

>Canadians, Australians, or Kiwis
They too are a meme.

>a huge amount of plebs

Fixed. It has nothing to do with "the modern times" and everything to do with plebs, who are the majority in all times.

Plebs are necessary though. If all Frenchmen suddenly spoke perfect English, it would destroy our identity incredibly fast (because English would replace French, and the American conception of the world would replace ours).

Stop lying. Everything is dubbed in French, and no one cares about "American television". You make it sound we're watching Fox News and MSNBC.

>Sweden
>Yes, overwhelmingly, though I read the Swedish wiki fairly frequently as well

The main difference is that most Swedish articles are fairly thin - english ones are a lot more fleshed out. Add to that the lax regulations on the Swedish one.

>Fixed. It has nothing to do with "the modern times" and everything to do with plebs, who are the majority in all times.
Seemed like middle/upper middle class ppl to me.

>You make it sound we're watching Fox News and MSNBC
No, but you can hold a conversation on our elections can you not? How many other countries can you say the same for?

Actually, the three-sentence articles have their merit, too.

When you want to have a quick idea about something, reading an interminable Wikipedia article full of fluff about obscure details is problematic.

>Stop lying. Everything is dubbed in French, and no one cares about "American television". You make it sound we're watching Fox News and MSNBC.

Fox News and MSNBC wouldn't be cultural exports. You guys watch our TV shows, and whether or not they're dubbed in French (which they aren't always) it's still our cultural export. I'm not lying.

>How is it filled of conservative shit?
Science denial, historical revisionism, censorship, you name it.

>Isn't MSA more or less an extremely artificial version of Arabic that people tend not to speak?
It is, and it's based on "Quranic Arabic", that is why it's so fucking stagnant. Imagine all Europeans having to read and write using only 4th century Latin to this day.

If there is a russian one I read a russian one.

This.

>Seemed like middle/upper middle class ppl to me
Middle class is the modern way to say "plebs" m8. Their ancestors were peasants, and they're unable to speak foreign languages just like their ancestry.

>you can hold a conversation on our elections can you not?
You mean we're interested in who's going to be leading the most powerful nation of the world? How is it surprising? French people are passionate about politics anyway. Our pop media will talk about politics in the entire world, including Germany, Russia, United Kingdom, Turkey, Italy, Venezuela, Spain, Algeria, Brazil, Austria, etc.

Just like your own media will talk about the stock market all the time... while even the French stock market is barely mentioned in our media. Each people has its passions.

We also watch French TV shows, British TV shows, Italian TV shows ("Gomorra" is amazing, try it someday), etc.

There's a lot of American TV shows because you're the biggest producer... but don't be fooled, if you're stumbling upon a 1997 episode of NYPD Blue at midnight on a French channel, it means no one wants to watch that.

>there is an actual drunk English Wikipedia
sco.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

sometimes.

quite a lot english wiki articles about european history are written by 2-3 butthurt polacks. i love to read them because they proof how dysfunctional the wikipedia actually is

kek

Yes, because Brazilian wikipedia is terrible and unreliable.

>sco.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

tacos of course

and pizza

and hot dogs

and french fries

its all amerika

There's also a "Modern Egyptian" wikipedia, but it only has 15K articles

arz.wikipedia.org