Other than Seychelles and Mauritius, which African country will become North American/Western European tier to live?

Other than Seychelles and Mauritius, which African country will become North American/Western European tier to live?

And yes I include South Africa because it's still a fucking shithole.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MvFmuWd_NQw
usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/world/2008-04-22-2965317374_x.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=KdVMXJKl8Ho
datatopics.worldbank.org/financialinclusion/).
twitter.com/AnonBabble

South Africa, Namibia, Gabon, Botswana and Equitorial Guinea are already pretty comfy.

Then, Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania and maybe Ethiopia.

Don't expect the rest to be livable until the end of the century though.

B O T S W A N A
O
T
S
W
A
N
A

M-morocco superpower 2030

Morocco is the fastest growing MENA country and one of the fastest growing african countries too

Life is already decent here, a 6/10

Whichever one has the least amount of niggers

Spain

haahahahah its funny because you live in a multiculturalist shithole island full of true africans.

but well, asspain is africa and we wuzzz rules de wave and shiiiiet.
come back to londistan.

Nigeria master race. We just need to nuke the north :^)

(Then rename the country Biafra)

but niggers and muslims are equals

>We just need to nuke the north
I don't think anyone on earth would have a problem with that.
Northern Nigeria is sin.

La Réunion island.
Gabon is okay too, since it's just implicitely a french overseas territory

I have always thought Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe and Mozambique are at least trying to improve.

tfw born in Gabon
youtube.com/watch?v=MvFmuWd_NQw

Do you include North Africa or not? Because that wouldn't be fair.

South Africa

> Zimbabwe
> trying to improve
nice one

Nigeria at the top in terms of overall growth, atm I'd say Namibia.

South Africa is kill.

Can't forget Rwanda

GO BACK TO GABON :^)

Namibia. Maybe Botswana, although it's in a nasty recession.

>Equatorial Guinea

heard it was an experiment in absolute income disparity where the leadership get 90% of the oil wealth and has computers and the rest of the population shits in the river and eats dirt cookies

I heard Namibia, Gabon and Botswana are very good

cape verde

>Zimbabwe

The Arab countries, Tunis and Morocco are already okay to live in. Algeria will improve I hear.

>coming to Sup Forums for serious discussions about Africa
The only people that have anything valuable to say are the African diaspora that occasionally show up and the rare person that is informed beyond memes.

>Zimbabwe
Zimbabwe is so bad that ALL the countries surrounding it refused to let in arms shipments. usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/world/2008-04-22-2965317374_x.htm

Botswana
this is also a viable answer
Dont' forget tunisia, and their HQOO

Unfortunately it's hard to tell because African statistics are pretty bad. Like in the early 2000's Ghana went from being one of the poorest African countries to one of the richest because they revised their GDP estimates to take account of all the sectors of the economy they just didn't have the manpower to survey before. Ghana is an extreme example, but still, statistics from third world countries need to be taken with a huge grain of salt.

>people ignore the only African ITT

You know what I mean. OP obviously wasn't talking about North Africa is better than Seychelles and Mauritius.

North Africa SINCE it is better

to ppl africa=niggers
you arabs aren't really spoken about in such discussions same way when ppl say europe they mean west euro+russia

Okay
I thought you were blind or something
Sorry

No, gib white girls

Didn't know about Rwanda, to be honest.

Cape Verde is underrated

How can India even compete?

Namibia

MAURITIUS IS BETTER THAN NORTH AFRICA BRADLEY

youtube.com/watch?v=KdVMXJKl8Ho

Well fuck

>talking to real niggers itt

i often see 2 on my way to work, whats it like to be stared at every day?

Namibia

adding an inkblot to your flag can't fool me

Namibia

I think that Morocco is currently the best African country, and it's still booming

Benin

t. Driss Tenjaoui

t. Mohammed Abdul Ali from Molenbeek

But Island nation that speaks Portuguese so tough cookie there but impressive that they are at this level with those disadvantages.

I was reading a book (Africa: Why Economists Get it Wrong) and it said Cameroon is doing well for itself right now FWIW. Anyways, I doubt any African country will be first world tier in our lifetime. The best countries will be second world tier in our lifetimes IMO. And like the second world, there will be a few cities that are first world tier. But that's all best case scenario.

>Anyways, I doubt any African country will be first world tier in our lifetime

Algeria, Tunisia and Libya.

South africa perhaps.

t. Yassine Hamdaoeui

sudafrica

t. Anouar Boummedienne

Let's say we all have 80 years to live, that's gives African nations a whole lot of time to stop being the asshole of the earth. Korea went from Africa-tier to first world in less than that, Singapore too. They have the some of fastest growth rates in the world, their population is still young and willing to work and they have LOTS os untouched natural ressources they can't wait to sell to China. Great things are coming for Africa and definitely in our lifetime.

Your grandkids will grow up wearing clothes and using electronics Made In Africa.

>Equitorial Guinea
LMAO
no
far from it lmfao

Difference being that Koreans/Japanese/Chinese are at least as intelligent as Europeans and have a greater work ethic, culturally.

Africans are a WHOLE lot dumber and have no work ethic to speak of. Unless the West/China literally builds their countries for them, it will remain a shithole.

alberto is right.

i don't understand this. you're implying that speaking portuguese means it's not good? i dun geddit. anyways cabo verde is very developed.

Rwanda

On the other hand, it's taken Latin America a long time to develop and they still aren't first world tier. Africa is a big place, in 80 years some countries will be a lot more well off than the others.

Also, a lot of the recent GDP growth were seeing is not actually *recent* economic growth, it's the result of national statistics offices taking better records and accounting for past growth better. African countries are starting to take tracking economic data a lot more seriously as they realize it can help them get better interest rates on loans and stuff. The book I read explains how that works a lot better (mentioned in my last post). So the growth is real, but it might be 5% a year and not 7% a year for a particular country.

Based flag

Ethiopia if the authoritarian government doesn't fuck it over

Nigeria
Botswana
Namibia
Morroco

Africans aren't genetically dumber than anyone else. They're too poor to get good nutritive food and get educated. Please stop broadcasting you're stupidity to the world.

Latin America lived through communism, American Coup d'États and now lives with cartels fucking their shit up, so it's no wonder they lag behind. Even with all of that, the southern cone is doing pretty well for themselves.

But, you're right that development will vary from country to country. I don't expect Chad and CAR to be first world, when the southern African states get to it. Also, if we're talking African continent, then the Arab states will be the first ones to achieve first world status (HDI .800 and up).

By first world, I meant around .900-.950 HDI like Western Europe and North America, I forgot the technical definition of developed country starts at .800. I should have been clearer. I have no doubts that North Africa and probably South Africa will reach an HDI of .800+ in the next 80 years.

The Arabic countries
Nambia
Nigeria

Also, how can African flags be so beautiful, even some three-line flags look good.

I think it's because all the simple flag designs were taken by the time African independence came, so they were forced to be a bit more creative with their designs.

Dude, .900 and up is the cream of the cream, the top of the top. Many first world countries have lower HDI than that.

>France: .884
>South Korea: .897
>Denmark: .895
>Finland: .885
>Spain: .878
>Italy: .874
>UK: .863

^Data from 2011, from Wikipedia.

An HDI of .800 is enough to be first world. Only a dozen or so countries belong to the .900+ club.

Algeria went from 0.711 to 0.735 in a year, and Libya was 0.78 before war.

We will be 0.8 in 1 decade max. Not 80 years..

0.717 to 0.736*

and it's very hard to cross the .8 barrier, many european countries have been trying for years

Don't worry, it will before 2025 at least.

I didn't mean to imply it'd take the whole 80 years to get there.

You're right, my sense of scale for HDI was off.

Many Latin American countries have suffered from shitty institutions. Countries like Chile have adapted and have succeeded while countries like Brazil and Argentina that refuse to create better institutions are doing poorly.

>Argentina
>Doing poorly

You sure you got the right country, there?

I think that relative to their history and resources they're doing poorly, while a country like chile that used to lag behind a lot has bridged that gap.

Yeah, I get what you mean, but comparing it to Huehuestan? Come on, now.

While it is true that they have a pretty good HDI they could be doing a lot better given the current state of their development. Their access to financial institutions is very poor given their current state (datatopics.worldbank.org/financialinclusion/). Their growth as has slowed/stagnated.

Argentina is a pretty nice country but they're not doing so good right now, of course they're gonna improve with Macri but it'll take them at least 2 more years to start noticing the changes. As of now they have one of the highest inflation rates in the world but I think it is starting to go down

Is there any value in learning Swahili? I want to learn a language for fun and see it's coming to Duolingo soon-ish.

Damn, didn't know Argentinian economy was in such a shit state right now.

Funny how a thread about Africa devolved into talking about Argentina.

Yes, we've doing poorly for 4 years already.
>Blue: Jobs in the private sector
>Red: Jobs in the public sector

But he's right though

Morocco? More like POORocco.

Morocco MAYBE if they get rid of le durka durka jihad.

Same with Tunisia, but less likely.

The other decent countries almost all rely exclusively on natural ressources, so you have to assume they're going to crash soon enough.

So, if you exclude meme answers like Cape Verde, I'd say maybe some country like Tanzania which has a surprisingly diversified economy, even its exports are decently diversified compared to most of Africa.

All of this being said, I think it will simply never happen. There are too many problems on a very fundamental level. Same as Latin America and several other countries. For example, just look at countries like Georgia and East Timor. Both of them are very poor (especially East Timor, incredibly poor), and yet both of them have relatively low crime rates. So, even if they're poor right now, at least they seem capable of being civilized, and so I wouldn't be surprised if they grew in the future. But then you have semi-rich countries like Argentina and South Africa which, despite being semi-rich, have very high crime rates, which shows that they'll never fucking make it because they just cannot into civilization. In this regard, the only countries in Africa (excluding Mauritius and Seychelles) which could possibly make it are Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia (Sierra Leone and Liberia also have low crime rates, but they have way too many other problems).

More like SAFErocco

>It will never happen
Yes it will.

>Crime means you're not civilized.
Tell that to your pants, Leaf.

USA's crime rate is still way lower than that of most of the world, despite how violent a place it is

You don't seem to understand how insanely and unimaginably violent some parts of the world are, namely LatAm and Africa.

t. Youssef.al-houssain

And it'll get better with time, education and the reduction of poverty.

Saying "it'll never get better, because they have a high crime rate" is just a disguised way of saying "it'll never get better, because these dumb niggers are just animals". Don't try to deny it.

LESOTHO
E
S
O
T
H
O

Depends, several african countries have potential to get a lot better very very quickly such as Nigeria or Ethiopia. As well as (nearly) the entirety of north africa. No one can really know which will live and which will die, but it's fairly easy to pinpoint which ones will not recover any time this century.
>Somalia
>Eritrea
>Zimbabwe
>Any Sahel country (Future sahara)
>Anything in between Ghana and Mauritania
>Congo

>Zimbabwe
I disagree. Mugabe is getting old, he's going to die soon. He's becoming more and more isolated, even by other African countries. Mugabe lost the last election, he only stays in power through force, which is hard when most of the country hates him now. Once Mugabe goes, it'll be in the opposition's best interest to implement a pro-western or neutral democracy. It may sound far fetched, but Nigeria's dictator dying is what put them on the path towards democracy as well, so it has happened before.

I should say, countries with no hope at all without a major paradigm shift.