People still buying screen protectors in 2017

>People still buying screen protectors in 2017.

Why?

They're placebo. just wear your phone raw. No screen protector, no case, and be mindful about how you treat your stuff.

Because we are surrounded by shit that will cause abrasions to even toughened glass.

To protect the screen? glass screen protectors are fine. A speck of sand can still scratch gorilla glass

Marketing.

A case is sometimes good though. Especially shiny bezels can get damaged very quickly. Or in my case the bezel of my Galaxy S4 completely fell off despite normal usage

Because I cracked multiple phone screens in the past and as soon as I started using a screen protector I never cracked another one.

All the protection I've ever needed on my 5s has been this glorious case right here.
I've dropped my phone from pocket height onto asphalt, concrete, tile, and it's all the damage and shows almost no signs of wear.
My phone once slide off my leg onto a cement floor, and slapped it directly face down. No cracks, no scratches, nothing.
And it cost like 12 bucks, and adds very little size/weight to the phone.

Because it costs a dollar.

Why don't they ship phones with screen protectors already on?

Because people wouldn't know they could be removed and just leave them on after they get scratched up.

because it saves you potential hundreds of dollars in repairs
>LOL JUST DON'T BE A DUMB FUCK WITH FLIMSY HANDS
i used to think that, and then i got my screen shattered on a train where someone's luggage bumped into me
you can't take every factor into account so it's easier to ust stick the protector and a case on your phone for ease of mind

Used to think protectors and cases are ugly af and ruin the aesthetics of the device, but screens do get fucked regardless, gorilla glass or not, and devices get scratched and bumped to hell and back. ending up looking worse than they would with the case on.

I just have a cheap phone and a silicon case, throw it around cause it's solid enough and in 1 year of really bad usage still doesn't have a single mark, the one time it breaks I just change it cause it's cheap

Replacing a screen protector is far cheaper than replacing the screen itself

Because I'm not retarded

>be mindful about how you treat your stuff.
Stop this meme

They mainly protect my phone from those microtears that occur from stuff rubbing against it and all

If your phone needs a protector/case then it's shit

>wear phone naked
>get loads of tiny scratches on screen

I used to refuse using screen protectors and cases until I started noticing the tiny scratches on my screen and noticed how comfortable some cases can be to hold.

At the moment I use some cheap chink shit for my Xperia XZ. Screen protector works like a charm and the carbon fibre looking case is really comfy to use. Sure, it makes it thicker and more bumpy, but as long as it's comfy to use, doesn't lose features and helps with protection in case of a drop.

How's that Android 2.3 treating you?

I need a case for my magnetic dash mount but I stopped screen protectors. Phone glass looks and feels better and hasn't scratched yet

Because my phone and my keys are friends, and so they cohabit in the same pocket of my jeans.

Only old men people buy screen protectors now. My Mom nearly had a fit when her kitten was playing on the screen.

>implying a kitten claw can do any damage to an iPad screen

>use screen protector
>don't replace it when it cracks

why not just crack your raw phone then?

Condoms are placebo. Just have your fun raw. No condom, no contraceptives, and be mindful about how you spin your willy.

/thread

If you have a tempered glass screen, sure.
My huawei has two scratches now from me dropping it onto the keys in my pocket.

>be mindful

You can be mindful by holding a phone with a vicegrip, and wriststrap, but that still doesn’t protect it from microabrasions from pocket lint/sand, and things rattling around in a purse.

Mindfulness cant stop rush hour bumps on the bus or metro

Some people like maintaining resale value.

Cats who are trained literally stand on sandy filler material every time they use the litter box.

>microabrasions from pocket sand

I'm sorry, but if they can't manage to put a transparent material harder than fucking QUARTZ in their phones, that's a real shame.

Because your shitty meme-ass industry keeps pushing fucking glass as a screen material
>just don't drop it XD
You don't actually need to go to hospitals, just don't get sick

Using the Nim programming language, I was able to write new functionality to automatically turn off my phone when it detects it is being dropped (much like a ThinkPad) in such a short time.

It has saved my screen on many occasions.

haptiics?

Is this a g meme? Or some shill? There's a post like this in almost every thread on Sup Forums right now barely related to to the op with a similar image.

>Because your shitty meme-ass industry keeps pushing fucking glass as a screen material

um what do you suggest instead? Obviously not plastic right?
Confused.exe

It's a shill.

Just get a $10 tempered glass and be done with it

Accelerometer.

It is a legit good programming language that is very promising. They even have a book already: Nim in Action.

You're even shilling in the sexism thread. Shill with an ad or something but this viral meme shit you're trying to do is annoying af and makes you sound like a second world .005 cent per post shill

Funny thing, I just finished creating a Sup Forums auto poster using the Nim programming language.

I've dropped my phone down a flight of brick stairs and it has no damage. Cases and screen protectors are a god send.

unironically this.
if you're too much of a dumb nigger to pull out you don't deserve to procreate desu

>phone turns off when dropped
>saves screen

Nigga what

On a related note how do you guys stop glass-backed phones from sliding without a case?

I've ordered a subtle vinyl skin for the back of mine hopefully that fixes it.

>people don't know that Precum can contain sperm
>also don't know that the sensation of cumming from sex is very different than jerking it and is harder to keep tabs on when you actually start
It's worth it to wear condoms if she isn't on BC, seriously don't risk it. Also aids

Yes, it is a Screensaver I wrote in the Nim programming language. You see, when the phone is being dropped, it is not being used. I wrote a screensaver so it will reduce burn in time for OLED displays because the phone could be dropping for a long time like out of a plane while skydiving or orbiting the earth.

Ah, makes sense.

you do know that people who are actually TRYING to get pregnant have a less than 50% success rate in the first year, right?
Do you really think that the 3 spermatozoa in your precum are going to get a woman pregnant (compared to the literally billions you'll be pumping deep into her if you cum inside)?

If there's any risk of having to raise a child with a slag, I'm not having it. And I can guarantee it's more than a nominal number of sperm, my man. You still shouldn't risk it,
Furthermore, aids

yes I agree it is stupid to go bareback with random women. With a gf that you know well and are exclusive with there is very little risk.

I use a polarized one so people can’t see my phone screen when sitting next to me, like a ‘privacy screen’ or some shit

She should absolutely be on BC or you're risking too much, knowing her ovulation cycle is important but it's not completely foolproof, shit can get out of whack and you'll find yourself staring down an unplanned pregnancy and really tough decisions.

>Not a Moto Force
Get out.

Buddy drops 5 gram metal weight on phone screen protector, instantly shatters. Spends 4 dollars on two more screen protectors.

SPAWN KILL! >:^()

Expensive poc.
I have a cat, most of its functions are either bad or don't work.
After 2 weeks the usb headphones died.
The bad led, used as torch, never turns off draining the battery for no reason.
And a shitload of other issues.
A friend got a chinkphone from aliexpress and it was better and just 90 dorruru

Without my rubber case my phone is way too thin and feels very awkward to hold in my hands.

Who knows. I dropped my old phone in concrete without a case many times and never got a scratch on the screen.

It protects your screen. I know someone who decided to randomly take it off after using one of these for 2 years. That same week she put the keys on the same pocket as the phone and now the phone got a giant scratch that can't be removed unless you change the screen.
Buy one and never take it off unless you got a replacement at hand.

>"If your phone needs a protector/case then it's shit"
>posts phone with built in case that's fatter and uglier than one you would put on a normal phone

I can understand using a flip cover when you leave your phone in a purse, a bit like having a sleeve for a laptop that you carry around in your backpack. If you leave it in your pants pockets, there is no reason. Don't leave your phone in the same pocket you use for your sand and keys.

Ever own a one-plus? Those things shatter when dropped

Ever own a phone? Those things shatter when dropped.

A screen protector is hardly going to help. What you need is a OtterBox case.

My "gorilla glass 5" S8 has some small but noticeable scratches on the screen in spite of my selection of cases. I haven't dropped it or put it face down against anything, but something in my pocket scratched it twice. I still don't have a screen protector though. I should probably get one but I'm wary of trying to find one that will properly fit the curved edges without obscuring the screen or eventually becoming undone

because I have a case and have never needed one

Why? Because other people exist. Same reason I lock my doors.

Only normies need them since they trash their phones. I've never used a case or screen protector, dropped my phone once in 7 years... iPhone 4S and almost looks brand new.

On that point, never needed to replace any of the buttons or battery, normal fags just abuse their phone too much to need button replacements.

These latest phones have gorilla glass so I never see the point of screen protectors unless you hate fingerprints

OnePlus 3T here, no case or screen protector and dropped it 3 times, looks new still.

t. Faglette

That shit happens when you actually go outside, you will collect silica particulate and it won't be washed out and it will abrade the screen. Additionally the phone will pick up particulate every time you set it down, so regardless of how delicately you treat it in handling you're bound to have dirt on screen contact assuming you venture outside.

On top of that glass screen protectors add shock resistance by acting as a force buffer absorbing energy from any blows that might occur from day to day use and preventing shattering. It's actually fucking retarded to neglect your shit in such a way, especially when it's $3.50 to save yourself from a bare minimum of $80 and labor in repairs.

This is why the curved meme is a fucking joke, as is '2.5D'.

You are dumb. Just live your life perfectly and you can save that tree fiddy.

honestly outside of the screen protector issue the screen is gorgeous. some companies do make screen protectors with it all in mind, but I don't feel like rolling the dice

I bought a privacy screen so I can look at Sup Forums at work and not worry about some normie seeing what I'm up to.

For the last 18 years I carried all my cellphones in my pocket, without any protectors or cases, and they all look brand new. Just don't be a clumsy fucktard and don't keep your phone in the same pocket where you keep your keys. (Or nails. Or sandpaper. Or whatever you keep in your pocket that manages to scratch tempered glass)

I work in a heavy duty environment
I've had a tempered glass screen protector since day one on a phone I've had for almost four years now and there are still little micro scratches on it

On top of that it is my opinion that mobile devices in general are becoming too thin, holding them is plain uncomfortable so I always look for the thickest case possible for every device

In your sweatpants pocket in your hermetically sealed basement you fucking albino shitlord. You're an outlier, you hardly exist in this context.

I think you're just mad that you break all your stuff with your clumsy monkey paws.

I think you live in a sealed up biodome petering away in a fit of worthlessness and despair while you post on Sup Forums about how awesome you are at living in complete solitude in a highly controlled HEPA filtered sterile environment.

i always keep my phone in its own pocket and yet this is still my situation 3 hairline scratches so far

I don't, I just get a new phone using the warranty every time.