THIS IS NOT A DRILL

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

xda-developers.com/official-xposed-framework-android-nougat/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/O2Fh9VuLbno
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>a whole version late

Brainlet here, should I use xposed or lineageOS? Is there any point to using both?

cool
so how do you download themes and snapprefs

What modules do you even need when you're using Lineage OS?

I don't think Lineage has a theme engine yet

Substratum exists

Yt background playback

App settings with browser set at 450~ dpi will enable tablet mode (desktop style tabs) while maintaining the stock dpi for the rest of the phone. It's on a per app basis obviously.

I use Xposed for Amplify and locking apps into memory.

>yt background playback
Why do you need a module for that
It's literally in newpipe, with no need for root, compatible with all (recent) android versions, just werks. Why would you use something like xposed for it?

>fell for bugosed bugwork

Because on newpipe you have to use the dedicated background play button

You can't just play a video then minimize the app to have it keep going

This makes shit like listening to playlists very inconvenient

Has anyone tested it on Resurrection Remix or other custom ROMs?

Is this worth going back from oreo for i used to use exposed back when i had kitkat but feel like most of the things you would use it for can be done without now

fucking finally

Meh, stopped using that shit on my phone a long time ago. Was only causing issues, and my ROMs usually have all the features I want anyway.

Isn't it almost useless now with Magisk around

It's ass. Anytime an app updates like Facebook Messenger, you need to uninstall the overlay or. It causes the app to crash on start.

If it works for one then it works for all

No one's confirmed it works on LineageOS here.

Why don't you try it out user? Stop being scared and make a backup

Works on my machine.

does immersive mode break apps a bit for you?

I'm using an app to do immersive mode without xposed, but in certain apps like YouTube /messenger the chat bar is cut out and on YouTube I can't see what I'm typing.

does same happen with xposed?

Is it worth trying to flash this on android 8

Am I supposed to get ARM or ARM64?

ARM

A bit late to reply but no. Make sure to use the version i have, or else it breaks the ability to use vpns.

No. This is for Nougat only. He has started working on an Oreo version though.

But Magisk

Now I'll just need poweramp to support hi res for the RN4X and I can finally leave marshmallow.
Also most people think app settings can only be used to change per-app dpi settings, here's a bunch more stuff you can do with it
>change the font size without affecting ui elements
>force an app to display a tablet ui (chrome etc)
>allow 4-way auto rotation
>force full screen for more screen real estate in landscape
>set notification priority to min to hide notification icons in status bar
>lock apps in memory with resident (keep apps in memory without showing a notification)
>force some retarded apps to show up in recents
>mute audio to listen to music while playing 'minimalist' games with no audio toggle
>prevent ongoing notifications so you can swipe away all of them
And probably some more for virtual buttons.

Finally.

>listening to playlists
Do you have a subhuman phone with less than 8GB storage? Download music.

Completely different things. xposed is a framework that allows devs to make modules with a lot of low level functionality while lineage os is a custom version of Android with design choices in mind to improve user experience. I use them together but xposed isn't needed unless you use apps that take advantage of the framework

Why the Fuck would it be a drill?

how new

Playlists will probably be in NewPipe's next version

Should I upgrade to Nougat and get Xposed now, or just wait until he releases Xposed for Oreo? I don't think it will take as long to get Xposed to Oreo.

>flashed 7.0 yesterday
>found out no xposed

>this happens
huh...neat....

>fewer and fewer users find reasons why they should root their device. There’s a growing trend of users choosing to stay on the stock firmware

Wait what?
How is it related?
You can be root on stock firmwares.

Horrible timing for me. Just bought a moto x pure and tried using the unofficial 7.0 xposed. Too buggy. Downgraded to 6.0 and got all my settings to my liking. Now I have to upgrade to 7.0 and redo it all.

Is it completely working?

My phone is still on Android 6 cyanogenmod, it mostly werks but still has some issues and it's not getting patches anymore so I've been meaning to update to lineage

attempting to bump a dead thread with sage

now bumping without sage

confirmed that sage works on Sup Forums, some other poster in some other thread btfo.

I was using a fork by purifyOS this while time on 7.1, why would I bother with upgrading to this, when that just werks

Does Greenify actually do anything? I've used it with Xposed on Marshmallow before, but I didn't notice any significant battery difference.

Why should I even bother with xposed at this point Lineageos carries most of the useful features

Fucking finally, holy shit.

It probably doesn't do much now that we have doze.

My body is so Teddy

I'm on nougat but why would I want this? Just more customization?

Native ios

>Native ios
What did he mean by this?

>fucking finally
Yessss ,fucking finally.

is nougat any better than marshmallow? ive been noticing a pattern that sd card support is getting more strict with each new version.

Works for me on LOS 7.1.2 on my S5.

You need that many ad blockers?

Nah. Just dry ran to see how many worked. I'm just using ABR + MMG. Some modules have broken for me.

Please, why should I bother with xposed

>people willingly install this security nightmare

youtu.be/O2Fh9VuLbno

xprivacy not being updated

literally why would anyone use xposed?

Amplify is about it.

can safelynet still be passed with this?

I'm already using magisk on a op3 and can pass.

Is MinMinGuard better than Adaway?

It removes the empty spaces sometimes left by ads

So should I use it instead of Adaway?

No, you still need to block ads, iirc MinMinGuard doesn't block ads on its own

there's been an unofficial for ages. is this a technology board?

The unofficial one only supported custom roms and had bugs/instability issues iirc. This release is supposed to be "official" and much more stable.