/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>General
Always consider an SSD if you can afford one and buy an HDD later.
If you want to use WiFi, you will need a Wireless Network Adapter. General rule of thumb is 2.4ghz or 5ghz.

>If you want help
Assemble a part list: pcpartpicker.com/
Remember, we're not here to build a parts list for you, we're here to help you.
If your part list has a monitor, list the monitor specs that you need.
State your budget, currency, and usage scenarios.
Learn how to build a PC: youtu.be/VhdV2wv3jQs

>CPUs
A8-9600 - Absolute bare minimum gaymen, does not require a dedicated GPU.
R5 1400 - Best with OCing & high-speed RAM.
i5-8400 - Best value for gaymen
R5 1600 - Best value for mixed uses
R7, used Xeon, Threadripper, or 8700k - Heavy multi-tasking & mixed uses

>GPUs
* Crypto-Currency miners have driven GPU prices up, using an old GPU or waiting to build may be a good idea right now.
1060 3GB - 1080p 60hz at medium/high settings, anything below this just buy an Optiplex and put this GPU or better in.
1060 6GB or RX 580 - 1080p 60hz at ultra settings, former supports G-Sync, latter supports Freesync
1070 - 1080p 144hz / 1440p 60hz at ultra settings
1080 TI - 1440p 144hz / 4k 60hz at ultra settings

>RAM
* RAM costs so much because newer phones use DDR4 memory.
Check your Mobo's QVL if your on a Ryzen platform
Ryzen CPUs benefit a lot from high speed RAM, 3200MHz is ideal

Other urls found in this thread:

au.pcpartpicker.com/list/TQRFRG
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813144104&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleKWLess&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleKWLess-_-IM-PC-_-MB > Motherboards - Intel-_-N82E16813144104&gclid=CjwKCAjwmefOBRBJEiwAf7DstKPnLVqg4xDARo1KWjEPuMiW-p8i5iMWlqEC7NRjqSn-2D-vxzHb8xoC4TwQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
youtube.com/watch?v=K4spLDtzkgk
radeonmemory.com/index.php
youtube.com/watch?v=gAW66_y3vr8&t=99s
youtube.com/watch?v=yyw7coOhN78&t=506s
pastebin.com/pGXskyp6
pcpartpicker.com/list/qWLdyf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Jow many seconds until the retard bitching about hz and fps comes in?

zen2 leaks when?

>Check your Mobo's QVL if your on a Ryzen platform
Is this shit really so important nowadays? I remember in the DDR1/DDR2 era this was a huge issue with Asus boards, but I can't find a reason why this should still be the case? Does anyone have sauce on this? I imagine if you just plug in some dimms from an A-brand manufacturer they should just werk.

Which z370 mobo for 8400 ?

>1
>4
>4

Literal-who ram will work but Ryzen is picky about it if you want the speeds which help a lot with its performance.

This

Need a replacement cooler, the H7 I got for free isn't cutting it. Not interested in watercooling.

au.pcpartpicker.com/list/TQRFRG

Why the fuck is the i9s more than twice as expensive as a threadripper?
265 American Euros to go from threadripper to i9? What the fuck?

something be quiet or noctua

I'm not even joking.

I've thought like this as well until my build didn't post with amd ram. Think about it: amd processor, amd chipset, amd ram - no post.

Already delid.

This one looks good newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813144104&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleKWLess&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleKWLess-_-IM-PC-_-MB > Motherboards - Intel-_-N82E16813144104&gclid=CjwKCAjwmefOBRBJEiwAf7DstKPnLVqg4xDARo1KWjEPuMiW-p8i5iMWlqEC7NRjqSn-2D-vxzHb8xoC4TwQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

samsung b-dies all work. like every single one

I was thinking the NH-D14 actually.

Confirmed for retard.

i9 was a mistake.

NH-D15 or NH-D15S; I didn't check your case cooler compatability.

Can i buy alibaba-listed Malaysian Geforce 1080Ti’s and not get scammed?

>no 8700k
AMD shills still run the general I see. Literally the fastest gaymen CPU available.

It can house the S. I'm just not knowledgeable about the difference between the D15S and D14.

>amd cpu, chip, ram
get a gpu too and complete exodia the forbidden one
since when did amd make ram though?

Asking again.

Whats the smallest atx case?

dell prebuilt probably? tons of tricks they can get away with by forsaking compatibility

The D-15 and S cool a few degrees better than the D-14 due to being newer. I would say that with a 7700k you should get a D-15(S) over a D-14.

The box your motherboard ships in.

youtube.com/watch?v=K4spLDtzkgk

Alright cheers.

sorry i mean smallest atx case that actually fits stuff. Currently have a 300r and i think it has so much wasted space in it

Seems like they've been doing it for a while, since
radeonmemory.com/index.php
haven't even updated with ddr4 sticks.

>A8-9600 - Absolute bare minimum gaymen, does not require a dedicated GPU.
Absolutely not. If you want an APU, you need to wait for the Zen/Vega APU coming out early in 2018. If you want to play at 720p Low, go ahead and grab that A8.

The minimum CPU to pair with a dedicated GPU is the G4560/G4600

Absolute bare minimum, and that's what that means. Price differences, platform differences, and upgrade paths also influence the value of a part.

I wanna build a new server, but even if i use some cheap AM3 mobo and CPU ddr3 ram is about the same price as ddr4.
What would you guys do in my situation? a ryzen 5 build would be about 200$ more for cpu and mobo, is it worth it?

Right now Im using a dell dual core and im pushing the limit for number of Hdd's in it. It also look like shit. Would like yo use a bitfenix nova TG case with some gaayyymen leds and such.

Absolute minimum, meaning, sometimes, low 720p.
youtube.com/watch?v=gAW66_y3vr8&t=99s

Look into the Fractal Design Define C

I don't know if it's really the smallest atx case in the world, but they cut out a lot of necessary shit like drive bays so it has a pretty small footprint and it doesn't appear to be any higher than it needs to be either. I don't know how you would make a smaller atx case without doing some weird trick with the psu.
If you don't like the usual Fractal Design front panel it has they also released the Meshify C which is basically the same case with a open mesh front panel for airflow

AMD shills BTFO. No point in telling them though, they'll just say "b-but y-you can just upgrade later!!!" when you just ended up wasting money and with the amount you spent on the AYYPOOYOU you could've just gotten a Coffee Lake.

When viewing spec comparisons on user benchmark, when it comes to video editing or gaming+streaming, which should I look more at, desktop or workstation?

Also, dell fans are loud as hell and built into the case. Dell MB's are not atx standard, fuck dell and prebuilt.

The cerberus-x seems to be coming out soon

>newer means better

Don't listen to this retard.

Neither, really. Look at how well they perform in user-reviews since that can give you a real idea.

Try to explain yourself as opposed to just calling someone else a faggot. That's Sup Forums-tier posting. You're trying to help someone.

I'm not wrong; they cool better because Noctua has improved over time.

Give me one good reason why i shouldnt build a R8+1080Ti+32gb ram system.

Protip: you cannot.

Why?

Money? If that's not an issue then who cares

He had reasoning for the claim though, unlike you.

Go for the 15S. 15 is probably their best air cooler, and the fact they made a smaller version for mid micro-atx cases is really neat. It does outperform the slightly older D14.

stupid and probably pointless question, but just out of curiosity how far are their release dates apart?

In about five minutes.

>Noctua has improved over time

I wish they would improve the color scheme.

Earliest review for the 14 is 2009; for the 15 it's 2014
They have, just not on their "dynamic" (don't know what to call it, the ones where the RPM can change the best) models.

It's called brand recognition

>14 is 2009; for the 15 it's 2014

holy shit

hey a logo works too

people just put up with it because they do indeed make the best air coolers

>tfw NH-D15 with both 140mm fans on a 65W CPU

For reference the ambient temperature is 23.3C.

But it is included in the OP.

It is in there you illiterate retard

>R7, used Xeon, Threadripper, or 8700k - Heavy multi-tasking & mixed uses
hmmmm

Even if 1700 doesn't need that much cooling power it's still really nice for lower noise levels.

its not even that bad, not everything has to be red and black with rgb.

looks nice though

they still revise some models like the tr4 models and s models but theyre basically at the peak of current and future performance

Is it a good idea to wait a little to build a PC at this moment? I'm trying to do a Ryzen 1600 and RX 580 build, and it's likely that it's going to cost a bit less if i wait, right? How long of a wait would be your suggestion?

Don't get me wrong, I like the color scheme, it makes me feel nostalgic for some reason, it just sticks out like a sore thumb.

until the bubble that is crypto pops

Black Friday is like a month away.

Is 190-200 € a good deal for a used 970?
I have a shitty 270 and want to upgrade, but as you know this might not be the best time to buy new
might be able to snipe one for less on ebay but most end up at this price point
i have a 4430 i5

>pops
Could go either way my friend. I just want a computer

I live in eastern europe nobody does that shit here

It's in one of those nice heavy padded Fractal cases too. The loudest thing in there is that cheapshit 1050 Ti, but that thing isn't getting upgraded until the GPU market stops being fucked.

send help

the term is PWM

i got bad news user...

The A8-9600 is absolute fucking trash and buying it "so I can upgrade to Ryzen later" makes as much sense as buying a 7640X so that you can upgrade later. Except you'd actually have a competent system with a 7640X and not a pile of absolute fucking trash based on an architecture which wasn't even good when it came out.

Even Steve from Hardware Unboxed, the guy who shills Ryzen more than any other tech reviewer, absolutely shit on it and told people that's it's not worth buying under literally any circumstance.

youtube.com/watch?v=yyw7coOhN78&t=506s

You got absolutely blown the fuck out the other day when you tried recommending it in this thread, so have resorted to hijacking the OP to try and mislead people now. Pity nobody actually follows any of the advice there and just asks, so will find out the truth anyway.

DELET!!!11!!1!!!

not if you get a brown motherboard. speaking of which, i havent seen a green consumer motherboard in ages. theyre all brown as the default now, and then black/ white for the higher end ones

I bought a computer HD, is it possible to work on a notebook?

rate OP: pastebin.com/pGXskyp6
not a shill, taking suggestions

Probably. Has to be small enough.

But there are youtube playing AAA games like gta

the one we have now is fine

What gives best value for my on-the-cheap gayman comp? And which would you get?

770 for 60$
780 for 100$
970 for 150$
None of the above

All used, and for 1080p.

It connect but doesn't identify

pcpartpicker.com/list/qWLdyf

I don't need a screen or a hardrive since I can recycle them from my old broken computer. The use I'm going to give its some gaming mixed with work.

Only if you have enough giga rams

Are you on stock cooler or something?

Ignore kepler - it has died like a bitch. Even though LOL 970 it is the best option of those. Though if you can find a hawaii based card for similar money i'd prefer that myself.

it recommends shitty APU and r5 1400 so no it's not

stock cooler if your not gonna oc
b350 mobo
3200 ram
a case that isn't literally who

Currently using a 970 for gaming, but it's no longer able to play modern games at max settings reliably anymore. What the fuck can I upgrade to at this point? Everything that would be an actual upgrade and not just a couple of frames difference seems like it costs $500 thanks to cryptocrap

why do people hate the 9800 so much
what enrages intel shills so much about the apu
it works fine for sub 500$ gaymen builds

More than that: some of them have control, but it isn't as good.

If you're getting a non-K sku shouldn't you wait until cheaper chipset boards are released?

The only experience I've had with alibaba was never getting my purchase. Check the chink shit general, they might know better.

They aren't in stock and retailing for $500 USD last I heard. I can't advise the purchase at that price when a $300 USD R7 1700 is just behind it in most uses aside from >100 fps gaming.

Anyone looking at that case should get the new version with better airflow, Meshify C.

They've admitted they've stagnated and have had difficulty finding more ways to optimize heatsink design. Really the performance difference just comes down to greater surface area/mass.

All depends how eager you are. Personally I'm waiting for Zen 2 at the end of this year. I'm sure 1600 will drop in price after that but unless the cryptocurrency bubble pops, expect Polaris and Vega cards to remain overpriced.

I heard initially that Ethereum would change its mining algorithm eventually that would favor ASICs but now I'm hearing Ethereum is intentionally ASIC resistant and GPUs are preferred regardless because miners don't have to stick to a single currency. So I don't see the price dropping unless miner-designed cards become popular splitting the market.

>suggests 970
>cherry picked

most likely on stock not delid and playing something while taking that shot

>doesn't remove all trace of intel
>highlights ryzen is gud at multitask
looks good

The 970 or 770 are both priced well. For CS:GO, Overwatch, LoL the 770 would be fine, but for modern titles definitely the 970. 780 absolutely not worth another $40.

Im ready boys

I have a 970 and it is a great 1080p card