Is this good for watching anime?

Is this good for watching anime?

Yes

No

It has objectively the best performing display on the market.

only kizumonogatari.
because it's 21:9

stop shilling

Processor probably can't handle 1080x1920 10-bit flac audio encodes. Anime is hardcore shit.

even old n7 2013 could do that, problem is software decoding for 10 bit shit so rip battery. And 10 bit with hw/hw+ is tegra exclusive atm

Note8 has hardware 10-bit h265 decode. There are no hardware 10-bit h264 decoders in any device as far as I'm aware. If it's 10-bit h264 it's software decoding.

Is there an easier way to add pointless advertising threads like this to my filter list?

Can you advertisers please stick to making generals with keywords?

It was a genuine question, I saged this post as well to show that I'm sincere.

You can play hi10p videos with hw decoding on tegra devices as i said, it works on nvidia shield tablet without any problem
source: mx player thread in xda

Wouldn't be a redmi note 4 enough for that?

The display quality of the Note8 is enough of a reason to get it over the redmi.

no, the screen is just too small, at this moment in time the best anime device is tab s 10.5, that is only for h264 8bit though, but most anime is encoded that way anyway

>watching anything on a phone
that's why tablets exist

It's 18.5:9, not 21:9.

Most anime is hi10p

Why get a new expensiv phone for that?

He meant kizumonogatari. The movie is in 1.85:1 or similar cinema widescreen aspect ratio (similar to 21:9)

>non 16:9
>rounded corners
>curved
absolutely not. Get a Note 5 if you want a Samsung.

Lol that's a home joke if I've ever heard one.

I upgraded from the note5 to the Note8 and I wouldn't go back if you held a gun to my head.

>home joke
Lame joke

Well, Note 8 is better in pretty much every way, but they fell for all the dank memes with the display.
Note 5 is still breddy gud, and it has non-meme display with great image quality.

You've not used a note yet have you?

Compared to the S8 and S8+ the note8 edge screen is sharper with less curved area (essentially a sharper curve gives more flat area on the screen) and the corners and sides of the Note8 are more squared off compared to the very rounded corners on the S8 and S8+.

The note8 feels distinctly better than the S8 or S8+

if you want shit saturated colors and burn in go for it

>burn in
I'm sorry is it 2011?
>shit saturated colors
Adaptive display mode is oversaturated on purpose. You can turn on photo display mode if you want accurate colours.

Adaptive mode shows 141% sRGB, and 112% DCI-P3.
Photo mode shows 100% Adobe RGB gamut.

Too bad the software fucks it up.

and you can unfuck it if you're not a mouth breathing jit.

Maybe if you're an iBaby or an ASOP cuck.

Package disabler pro, nova launcher prime, DNS66. 20 minutes later and you've got yourself 80% of your way to stock Android.

No it's a phone. It's like 4 inches wide. Why would you want to watch anything on that?

It's 6.3" and is the largest OLED panel you can get in a smartphone.

If you're gonna watch on any device this would be the one to use.