I'm gud at programming, but I hate it. I want out

I'm gud at programming, but I hate it. I want out.

Sysadmins seem really stressed, and they have a shitload of job requirements compared to developers.

Wtf should I do?

Other urls found in this thread:

mint.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Project manager or sales?

Just say fuck it and do something else enterily?

start dressing up as a maid and then hang yourself

>Wtf should I do?
Wtf would you like to do? sell flowers? suck dicks?

I'm on the same boat my cyberpunk friend...

Install gentoo

argh fucking commieblocks
it's not so bad at summer but once the sky is always grey, everything is cold and wet it's a nightmare

>I'm gud at programming, but I hate it. I want out.
>Sysadmins seem really stressed, and they have a shitload of job requirements compared to developers.
>Wtf should I do?

I said the same. Got my PMP and became a PM.

Now I want to kill myself.

kys

>I'm good at programming

>I hate it

Pick one. If you hate working with inferior pajeets, then start your own business and become a full stack dev or something.

What exactly do you hate about it? It's such a diverse field. If you make that kind of judgement, you need to be sure it's not related to your working environment or choice of language/projects.

Some sysadmins get shat on pretty badly. Some do not. And for some it's a comfy and easy as fuck job. It's a mixed bag.

I'm a sysadmin, avoid it. become an electrician

You could always teach a companies software to clients for some shitty software company. It would be a lot of travel. Look into places like Cener or Netsmart. Oh and you'll need to not be an autist.

wtf programming do you do as a sys admin?

bash scripting?

That or powrshell

I'd rather just fix someone elses shitty code or work with software thats already built for the most part. I'm too indecisive about designs when I do programming so I never end up getting anything done.

I use a mix of bash, python, and powershit (When absolutely required)

On a side note has any one company fucked up a system shell as bad as powershell?

Reminder OP: It's not too late to get out.

If you're working, focus on saving some cash and moving into a cheap place. Find some guides on minimizing costs, install mint, save that cash. Then just do random af jobs until you find something you like. I'm working at a hotel right now while getting my PCP cert (fuck yeah EMS). Talk to people, spend nights in bars, start smoking and talk to other smokers.

Programming fucking sucks. You sit at a desk all day working on shit that 99% of people won't appreciate. Yeah it's kind fun and intellectual but the reward is bullshit (esp if you're not in the States). Your social life gets fucked up, and being around a bunch of autistic fucks is not a good time. I love programming and system design, but fuck it as a job.

Figure it out OP

>install mint, save that cash
>implying it's in any way hard to install windows 7+ for free

I'm assuming he means the money management mint:

mint.com/

just lol bro

I debug our internal applications and go through source code to figure out problems and submit pull requests back to developers when I find shit. Good sysadmins at least can debug well.

use your domain knowledge and go into sales.

spend all your time wasting it in meetings and getting free lunches

>start smoking

PUA advice sucks

Make a game!

How old are you?, I don't believe. I would run a bit and say, You never has any real job related with IT.

>tfw dislike nearly all other forms of skilled labour and desperately want to do programming or IT
>people aren't even happy in their tech jobs

These people are just hypersocial normalfags, right? RIGHT?

>Sysadmins seem really stressed

So you fell for their scheme.
They aren't.

I really wanna become a full time sysadmin.
Right now I do some database adminstration at work, but I also do programming and other unrelated tasks like corporate image stuff.

I wish I could just switch to being full on database and systems administrator and just make sure everything's up and running without having to spend all day programming and doing other tasks that aren't that much fun.
It doesn't seem like a super stressful job.

Kys

Or a plumber. Literally shitty job sometimes but then again same goes for being an electrician sometimes. Thing is, you'll start hating it because most of your customers are cunts, just like they are in software development.
If you're a sysadmin and aren't fairly up to speed on devops and SRE shit, you're in trouble.
The concept behind PS is fine and logical. The default shell is shit but that's why there's ISE and VS Code.

Code monkey here. I love it apart from shitty managers, sedentary disease, need to prove yourself. All that can be mitigated through constant stretch breaks, standing desk, learn to negotiate, balance your life.

Positive side is I am learning new stuff every day so you never get bored. You cant really teach passion and goal striving but thats where I get my kicks.

I'm so happy I found a small company where I started out as an Android dev, slowly took over the webdev also and now basically I go around to customers half of the time for new requirements, implementation or starting new projects.

This makes the other half where I actually do program fun, plus I can just push the shitty jobs to my coworkers

Program something you wish existed

System administration is fun and comfy if you can get a job with a small business. You'll only make like $35k max though if it's your first sysadmin job.

>abloobloo powershell is too hard for me
t. brainlet

Yeah I fucking hate the slav commi architecture.
It was mostly made so they can gather low paid workers closer to the designated place that they worked at. So those cucks grabbed people from outside the capital and dump them in. Now Bulgaria's capital is fucking shit. You can see "redneck" village people everywhere. They lack basic fucking culture and discipline. And are dumb as a rock. I fucking hate Bulgaria so much. I want fucking out.

ew i can smell the curry over here in the US pajeet

XD