I like c++, but I find myself including qt for every project, the included functionality is just too good...

I like c++, but I find myself including qt for every project, the included functionality is just too good. Even then I often feel like jumping back to reg python.

Is there anyone here that actually enjoys working this close to the hardware when you just want to build a simple program?

>this close to the hardware
What the hell are you talking about dude?

>this close to the hardware
just use whatever works/iscomfy for you with a PC on your lap

C+Tcl+Tk or C+++WxWidgets is the patrician choice.

>close to the hardware
Oh yeah I use Rust

if you can't even understand this why are you in Sup Forums?

>close to the hardware
lololol

even when you're coding in fucking machine code, you're still a dozen of layers of abstraction from actual hardware behind pipelines, jump predictions, microcode translator/optimisation and code simply waiting for memory bus to deliver it's data which is majority of the time.

Big producers of CPUs and translators are even optimising against each other's quirks so now it's ctively counter-productive to "closer to hardware".

>look at how smart i am for taking things out of context
in terms of regular programming languages c++ is pretty close to hardware you retard

Is Qt a good library for GUIs? Is it fast?

This, im really courious
Althought i heard it doesnt respect my freedomz

Let tcl die please. Tk can stay.

Qt is Quick and also hardware accelerated. It is dual-licensed in LGPL3 and commercial. Perfectly reasonable for freedoms.

>Is Qt a good library for GUIs?
no
>Is it fast?
yes

FORTH is the closest to hardware you can get.

>no
Why?

Unironically this

>Even then I often feel like jumping back to reg python.

OP, you are aware that python has QT libraries as well right?

My suggestion: if it does not require speed, and desu most things dont these days since the bottleneck is bandwidth, then just do it in python.

does rust have QT port or some other comfy GUI libraries?

>not manually programming each transistors in a CPU

ishygddt

> when you just want to build a simple program?
Electron

>want to build a simple program
>embed it in full blown browser
s i m p l i c i t y

>not moving electrons with electricity by hand

never gonna make it

Qt isn't a library: It's a full fledged framework.
Qt is very bloated for simple stuff.
Also, it uses raw pointers everywhere and duplicate all containers.
C++ is already hard enough.

>try to install Qt Creator on mac
>tells me I need to install Xcode first
What the fuck is this shit? I thought it was a standalone IDE.

t. brainlet autismo

afaik qt creator needs libs and/or tools that are installed with xcode. so, you must install gentoo

>he still believes electrons are real
cute kid

like 8kg close

Is Qt creator really the best sepples IDE?

But it's still 30k miles up the ladder of abstraction. Being "close to the hardware" is a dumb autistic meme. If you want to actually be close to some hardware, go write in VHDL.

It isn't even necessarily far from the hardware, that's just one common implementation. You can very obviously write C on processors without internal abstractions. It's still relatively closer than other non-direct-memory implemented languages. Saying every chip anywhere is abstracted is just wrong.

Why does everyone dislike Xcode? It's good.

Ironically this

LOL
if it's the only ide you've ever worked with

What do you recommend?

if it does the job and isn't too obviously slow or ineffective - who gives a shit?