What country is the border between first & third world? Italy? Greece? Spain? USA? Discuss

What country is the border between first & third world? Italy? Greece? Spain? USA? Discuss.
Pic unrelated

Objectively? No memeing? Russia. Not in the actual sense of 1st vs 3rd world, but in the colloquial one.

It has some of the best universities and minds in the world. Used to have top tier doctors, infrastructure, and a robust economy, albeit extreamly flawed. The Moscow Metro is still quite impressive given its size and scope.

At the same time most of its populace lives on 5$ a day and has one of the highest mortality rates from AIDS in the world, second only to some African countries.

Good reply, can see your point. Transition from USSR was brutal

Spain obiously,our borders to 3 world cunts are Poortugal and Morrocco

My city in sicily

This makes sense.

Also something to think about is that the U.S. states of Kentucky, West Virginia, Mississipi, South Carloina and Alabama have an HDI similar to Belarus/Russia in general, which is a stark contrast between the Northern states which are pretty well developed in almost all aspects.

This isn't to shit on those states, it's just being realistic about the unequal development between them and the rest of the U.S.

My teacher told me that Argentina was the only first world country to slip from the spot so completely.

Japan
Literally

Are we talking about developed and developing economies or cold war alignments?

The former

Was in Sicily last year, seemed alright desu (in comparison to rest of south Spain)

slovakia

Italy, I'm retarded

I wonder what makes a first world country a first world country
Economy? China isn't first world
Military? China and Russia isn't first world

Finland - Russia border.

The contrast is worse than in USA - Mexico border.

I remember reading an article about how there were more literate Russians in the 60's and 70's than in the U.S., UK or France. It was really incredible how quickly the USSR bounced back after WWII and became, if only for a brief time, a truly developed economy compared to all but a couple of cunts, a lot of which can be attested to its wealth of natural resources and an enormous skilled labor force.

This.

t. finn who visits Russia 2-5 times per week

The country has more potential than any other in terms of resources but it's never really historically been able to make optimal use of them and their historical politics have been mostly a shitshow. Who knows what their future will look like. They seem like they'll be a wild card over the long term.

what for?

>Finland - Russia border.
>The contrast is worse than in USA - Mexico border

If this was true, Finland would be full of Russians.

It is.

the Southern Cone and Eastern Yurop. seriously how fucking spoiled do you have to be to say mediterranean Europe or USA are not first world?

Cheap gasoline for now. Wont buy a new visa anymore since it's illegal to bring cigs without spending 23h in Russia

I think the only reason more don't emigrate is because Russia makes it a bitch for Russians to leave, unlike Mexico.

Prostitution?

>Southern Cone

Third world as fuck.

I think the boderline is Czech Republic and Portugal/Spain.

new zealand

>Japan can't even send people to the ISS or have nukes

>there is only one country separating Finland and North Korea

Coincidence?