Why does this country have no great inventions, achievements, scientists, authors, artists?

Why does this country have no great inventions, achievements, scientists, authors, artists?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norway–Russia_border
forsvaret.no/en/coldresponse
youtube.com/watch?v=uF4fKmHw4tg#t=46
youtube.com/watch?v=QwfI6nvCShI
youtube.com/watch?v=e4dT8FJ2GE0
youtube.com/watch?v=DPyOhP1GTRQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

because they are dumb fishermen stumbling into oil

u wot m8?

they already have the best language

Varg Vikernes

delete your post please

What are you talking abut, they got plenty of famous people like
>Grieg
>Ibsen
>That guy who did that Fox song
>A-ha
plenty to go around
Then they have some 10000 metal bands and gold metal skiers.
That's pretty much all of them.

>Finland protecting Norway from bullies after Norway was nice enough to gift Finland a mountain for its birthday
Cute :3

Grieg was based indeed

It was a cold undeveloped shithole run by Swedes until 100 odd years ago

>A-ha
really make you think

Take a >(you), memelord.

Everything norwegians have ever accomplished can be traced back to danish or swedish rule

To be fair you can say that about pretty much every country in the world

At least they drew this

>A-ha
really fucking groovy mate.

The father of abstract algebra was born in Norway

>that flag
Still butthurt about loosing the race to the south pole?

>Simula
First true object based programming language

>authors
He wrote a book.

baka anglo

>Bjorn Bjornson

There is street names after him in my capital

Spend all our resources perfecting autism.
The more useless the skill the better.

>no great achievements

They were the first to reach the South Pole, remember?

Peter Wessel Zapffe

>run by Swede

swedes tried to run it but failed miserably before they were kicked out

>Morocco shitposting and reading shitposts all day

I mean, I do it too but I live in a 1st world country so it's expected of me. You should be doing something useful.

>be Norwegian
>beg Sweden for independence
>they give you your own country
>proceed to celebrate waving flags around every year as though your country has ever had to fight for anything ever

Truly a nation of faggots

fuck off

I don't care
I'm going to move to Finland anyway then I can shitpost all I want

Trips confirm, best ally

I abosolutely love Finland

>beg Sweden for independence

is that what swedish schools teach you guys after Sweden was shit scared because of full scale war threat?

black metal dude

You fucking what?

>be Norway
>have zero militaristic experience
>ffwd 50 years from now
>invaded by Russia
>can't fight your way out of a paper bag because you don't even know how to basic warfare lol

it's a nice utopia you have there but it only exists because other people let you exist out of the kindness of their hearts. if someone wanted to invade you and burn it to the ground there isn't anything you could do about it.

Trve black metal

Daily reminder: Russia has never been to war with Norway unlike all of their other neighboring countries

Norway is based. True manly men with very little mudslimes.

Way better than Sweden, which is populated by native Stephen Merchants, anti-rape bracelet-wearing women and muslims.

Also bringers of Bacalhau.

Lol. Murmansk was norwegian.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norway–Russia_border

>can't fight your way out of a paper bag because you don't even know how to basic warfare
kek

This

Why do the Americans send their people to Finland, a non-nato country to receive winter training instead of it's ally Norway??

Really makes me think

>Americans
>good at geography

forsvaret.no/en/coldresponse

Really makes you think.

Maybe because we didn't had enough winter, so we had to borrow some winter from you

>great inventions
Aerosol spray, first working gas turbine, echo sounder (uncredited), mineral fertilizer, modern harpoon, modern hand grenade and landmine (by the same guy), the internet (see Pål Spilling), object-oriented programming, and Opera (the web browser).

Also very significant in all of Northern Europe, the reverse vending machine.

>achievements
Aside from being VIKANGZ N SHIIET, we are also KANGZ in the winter olympics.

>scientists
I'll give you this one. Can't think of any relevant names there.

>authors
Holberg, Ibsen, Hamsun, Gaarder, Knausgård and arguably Dahl.

>artists
Munch. That's the only name we need, because if having one of the most widely recognized paintings in the world isn't an achievement in itself, then fuck.

>skiers
They all cheat with asthma meds though and nobody cares about skiing anymore with cheater Norway using tenfold the money of Sweden or Finland on their doped skiers.

If you're going to cheat, at least be good at it.

Fuck off you inbred island monkey

They don't even have any sports either. Their skiers are currently biggest laughing stock at any winter sports circles now that it is confirmed all their star athletes systematically used drugs for decades.

Its absolutely hilarious how their media and everyone in their country just stay in denial about all this though. lmoa

Martin used legal asthma medicine, but he was instructed to use it in a way that is not legal. Its nothing more than a misunderstanding and failure of communication. Sundby and Northug will be kicking your asses all winter, dont worry about it.

Pity Northug and Johaug alone can take out the entire Finnish skiing elite, and neither are asmathic.

Keep that assblast and excuses coming. No one takes your winter sports team seriously anymore.

Nah, im fine with you believing whatever you want.
The fact remains that Martin was the only one who used it incorrectly, hence forth he was punished for it, and rightly so, we cant not punish someone for breaking the rules. Sucks for him, but rules are rules. He wont be making that mistake again.

Looking forward to another season of Norwegian complete domination of winter sports. :^)

Is Finnish ski jumping officially kill?

>winter sports

rally > everything else

Abel is a god-tier mathematician. Go away you smelly pleb.

Rallycross is more entertaining tbf

We do have inventions and innovative ideas, we just didn't have it back in the days when people actually "invented" completely new things during the scientific revolution, neither during the industrial revolution. We didn't even have universities back then. Now scientific discoveries are most of the times just puzzles in a larger picture. For example, we didn't "invent oil drilling" but we have been pioneers in offshore drilling and invented ways of doing that better and taken leaps in technology. We have lots of achievements(perhaps not any famous ones), and scientists(but no einsteins and very famous ones), and authors, and even artists. You just haven't been looking for it.

iceland has the best language desu

We invented Iceland. Their language is merely a relic of our past.

They give us some good music.
Personally I'm enjoying the group "Keldian" for space metal.

t. autistic nordboo
t. I never heard Icelandic
t. I'll read the edda someday

Icelandic is shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=uF4fKmHw4tg#t=46
I just like the way it sounds desu cool ur jets

It is pretty cool.

youtube.com/watch?v=QwfI6nvCShI

youtube.com/watch?v=e4dT8FJ2GE0

>the internet (see Pål Spilling),

>Pop-nationalists always trying to reduce complex modern inventions to single people

They were puppeted for a long time, undeveloped and like everyone were farmers. Any aspiring scholar would relocate to Sweden or Denmark.
And now they got the eternal~ oil parachute.

i like this picture

>America is the black manlet

>tfw some fat fuck represents us

give him a brake, he's trying really hard

I never specifically pinned it down to a singular entity, did I? It's obvious the internet, like most inventions in the world, came to be from the contributions of many. Doesn't stop it from being a great invention a Norwegian actively partook and innovated in.

???

>the typical "Norway hate" coming from swedes never gets old

Success breeds jealousy. We got the black gold, while they got the black cock.

BURZUM is it not a great artist?

Burzum is pretty good

youtube.com/watch?v=DPyOhP1GTRQ

aces

The first allied victory on land during WW2 was won in Norway under command of the Norwegian Army (with british and french soldiers aiding).

Norway has conscription, which means mandatory military serviec for everyone (though most people dont have to). We know we have a small country with low population. Our army mainly exist to hold back invasions long enough for NATO to help out; and to fight a guerrilla war under occupation.

We have had soldiers in all NATO wars. Our special forces have also been noted to be one of the best.

You're seeing hate where there is none, you really have big fat oil parachute

Kaj-torvald, norway is good in many ways dont try the amerifat angle of "muh millitary"

Homeguard. And how is that fat?

haters gonna hate

Even if the norwegian state started to invest in the military they would never have a serious army because the population is very low.
Besides even your country would struggle a lot in a full scaled war against Russia, with their state of the art weapons, training and inifinite reserve divisions. So many tried to conquer them and failed.

He's just saying our military isn't completely useless.