Tfw spending my night living vicariously through 'driving through Russian town' videos

>tfw spending my night living vicariously through 'driving through Russian town' videos
>tfw I will never live in Russia

just end my life. Why is Russia so comfy? Russians pls post pictures of your town/view from window and tell me about life in Russia.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dxal7roPebE
youtube.com/watch?v=J8zIfaNHiB0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i do this with america
I watch videos of people driving through LA

i need a car so bad

Yeah but America is ugly as sin. Russia might be dirty and grey but at least it has character and history. America is all plastic corporate meme shit

Depp looks like shit on this picture.

I advise you Kolomna, OP. It's a really comfy town. Also Sviyazhsk in the same region. Sviyazhsk has got a wooden church with a door said to be made by Ivan The Formidable himself. Also those saints awith dog heads.

post some

How do I become Russian?

In America anyone can move here and as long as you speak English and have citizenship you're American. Is it the same in Russia? I will trade my U.S. citizenship for Russian desu

comfy
youtube.com/watch?v=dxal7roPebE

i want to go to russia and learn the languague but i don't know where to start

I'm still learning the alphabet desu. My friend speaks a bit of Russian though so I'm planning on studying with him.

>ywn marry a small town Russian girl, and settle down in a comfy Russian farm house

1. Speak Russian.
2. Be a Russian literaturefag.
3. Love Russia but also despise it at times.

Would you say it's best described as "love Russia so much that you hate contemporary Russia"?

should i start with the alphabet ? what good site can you recommend me

russianlessons.net is a pretty good beginners resource. Also Memrise and Duolingo

If you have money you can just travel SV (deluxe) trains. Train shit is best! The views are either great or super great! Babushkas sell stuff frequently on scheduled stops at train stations. Just avoid cities and you'll be fine.
Unfortunately, I don't have money ;_;

You are a strange person, user.

Actually I can post my old photos of muh town (but google maps are somehow still better, lel)

I don't have illusions about our past but I think it might be accurate too.

I've been told I look Russian by several different people, and I have a shaved head atm so I look like a total slav. Will I fit in or will people know I'm a foreigner (without talking to me, of course)?

>The views are either great or super great!
The vast boring plains of boring emptiness: abandoned villages edition.

ty
the internet is so vaste i didn't know where to go.

Do you smile like an American?

wtf. are you serious. america has great history. modern history is history too. love your country ffs

Oh fuck me, that's the most annoying part about them.

youtube.com/watch?v=J8zIfaNHiB0

>I have a shaved head atm so I look like a total slav
I hope it's banter.

I guess it's easy to like Russia while you're sitting in the comfort of a first world country.

I think he was being sarcastic, but I actually love the way Russia looks. The dirty small towns, the cyrillic graffiti, the grey sky.

No I'm very quiet and keep to myself.

Oh no.
I mean that at any point in history that was how people felt. Russians in 1800 might say the same

>tfw I will never live in Russia
i think you are mentally ill. you need help from professionals.

Dress poorly and you should be fine. T-shirt, jeans and sports suit. also cheap leather shoes or sneakers. People usually don't talk to strangers unless they are in the same room (SV has only two beds, so it's ok). All normal russian trains have beds instead of seats, for long travels. At all costs avoid platzkart (open space vagons). If you take kupe (cheaper than SV, has 4 beds in one room, that's what common people who are ok with spending money use) people often talk to you.
Platzkart < Kupe < SV

the grass is always greener on the other side

What did he mean by this?

>lives in a first world country
>has the money to buy more than bare essentials
>has the freedom of speech
>has the police that actually protects him
>has the laws that actually work
>has the right and the ability to travel around the globe
>has the most powerful military in the world backing him up
>Wants to abandon all that and live in a depressing shithole without a future.

Russia is a chill place as long as you stay away from politics and have a magic bag of cash.

they are doing some cool things in moscow bro
it's not all bad! chin up friend

Meh, come and visit then! Get a visa, rent a car and enjoy glorious Russian roads. You can become a new hero of high quality dashcam movies.

>I will never freeze to death in a small russian town where the locals will loot the valuables off my corpse before reporting it to the police

Sometimes I wonder why I even get up in the morning

Nobody in the right mind would even consider moving here.

The grass is always greener on the other side.

Maybe when big changes were made like the virst unification, abolishment of veche, Romanovs come to power, etc. But I think it works for any other country. XIX century had a rise of patriotism since 1812, it continued until 1917 actually.

We do that all the time when we retire

>without a future
Russia and China will be the leading superpowers after the U.S. hegemony runs its course. Give it 50 years or so

this.

Visited Russia with my boss's rich friend. It was awesome.

Visited again to see some distant relations (my dad's second cousin). They were poor and being around them was more depressing than being around the people literally living in trash and sewage outside of Manila.

There is literally nothing wrong with moving to Russia

Just another 50 years and we achieve communism, plant apple trees on Mars n shiet! (I'm optimistic but not delusional) (also not that user)

Pretty much any country is great if you are rich.

I think of it like... A child with a drug problem. You love your child but you hate what they are doing to themselves.

While Kamchatka and other places around Russia look really beautiful, i'm sure USA has places just as great. Nevada is pretty cool.

2bh most of slavboo just want to find a blond hair blue eye qt and take her home since first world women are absolutely brainswashed by modernism, feminism and all the shit that make it impossible to have a normal family or normal children. Some are faggot who can't get gf in their country so they hope they will in poor country like ukraine (turks are know for this.) Very few are genuinely interested in your culture.

Suuure. It's not like we heard this phrase for past 300 years or something.

suburban sprawl only looks bad if your are a weather balloon. even notoriously sprawling cities like LA county, and poor areas like Compton look fine from the street view.

But Russia is feminist since 1917.

Y'all foreigners have the same mindset that "Russia is like *my_country* only slightly greyer and manlier".
Living here is a gamble every step of the way. The government is corrupted, you can be imprisoned for a small misdemeanour, no job will provide enough money to actually support a decent life, the ambulance takes an hour and a half to get anywhere, the roads and the building are all crackled and degrading and literally nobody from the top cares about it. This is a literal shithole. A trainwreck of a country. It would've been laughable if it wasn't so sad.

It's not like we weren't among leading superpowers since empire times.

True, tho rushka's strength is its nature and a sexy medieval european feel to it... just stay away from commieblocks. Plus russia is pretty cheap, and very cheap in rural areas. Never ever overpay tho.

didn't that whole Pussy Riot thing happen like just a few years ago? And I recall seeing videos of feminist protesters being beat by police. Russia definitely isn't a liberal country.

"fine"

having grown up in the suburbs I'd kill myself if I moved back there

>'driving through Russian town
OP, post what you like about Russia. Something like picrelated or what?

I find this repulsive. I thought it was a meme but many international students are like this. fucking disgusting. they all get rejected though because they are boring

Stop trolling already.

Well yeah there are plenty of great places in the U.S. but as I said itt I like Russia because it's dirty and grey without being corporate and fake like America.

A military power worth respecting but a complete and utter shithole life standard-wise.

he is just fishing for (you), america is 10x more comfy than any eastern european shithole

why do people think modern history=/= history. stop listening to pop charts and then concluding "wah us history is shit" because you're lazy and don't be bothered looking.
there's so much to do in usa, and with first world things as well. i love moscow and im not moving but usa fags on Sup Forums don't know how good they have it

Lol, a 111 years ago, there roads were much shittier, the jobs didn't exist, governed by an emperor, with no ambulances and still people lived and somehow made 8+ kids. It didn't change very much since then in most places, that's why it's so cool. Your life is depressing, I don't question that, but it looks very different to a foreigner with a decent income.

>but a complete and utter shithole life standard-wise
You're exaggerating even though we ahd big problems.

>Pussy Riot
has nothing to do with feminism
> protesters being beat by police
Welcome to Russia.
(I have not heard anything about this though)
> Russia definitely isn't a liberal country.
Breaking news, duh.

Doesn't change my point though, Russia became feminist even earlier than Europe (hell, even antisoviet propaganda always mentioned this, hurr evil commie will destroy our traditional traditions durr)

view from my window in january

Russia has an enormous amount of butch women in executive positions, principles of schools, etc.
The only thing is that they, instead of sissifying men like they do now in europe, made women look very masculine.

it's not a meme, every year thousand of turks mary ukrainian women, more and more westerners talks about it, even here i heard it and it's going to increase in the future especially in ukraine because this country have an african tier economy and it's not going to get any better. Slav women are objectively pretier than westerner so why not take advantage ? lots of looser french men go to some shitty third world country to get a submissiv wife (africa, cambodge etc) because they can't here. In the future niggers will too because of their explosiv demography.

FUCKING COMFY. Also I think I have another picture of yours saved on my computer somewhere. The camera quality looks the same

> i suffer in west ;( ;( ;( ;( ;(

view from my roof in autumn

Hairy Jews live in big mansions though. Have you ever thought about becoming a suicide bomber to kill rich people?

I love it. Here's my view in the winter

This desu senpai. Half the time I can't tell if they're being ironic or they've actually actually fallen for the memes.

good to have rooftop at least

wow it's a place you can never afford to even step foot in, but can look at every morning from the window while pressing up against a fat indian man's tits in a bus packed to the brim

reality is, being poor is shit wherever you are, don't delude yourself the west is a paradise where money grows on trees

?
also, i'm partially jewish

You have to kill rich Russians, comrade.

Why? They don't bother me.

Did you post The Twins on purpose?

"poor" westerner can afford ps4, new pc, iphone 6, travel once a year (sleeping in hostels), old car, rent apartment, whatever
I'm not even talking about food, clothes and shit

Do you realise for 6/7 of the world original Levis jeans and New Balance sneakers are too expensive?

But it literally grows on trees, you have unemployment benefits, I have unemployment tax.

dat airplane in the middle hehe

this!
proles are always left salivating and craving, the affluent try to preserve their wealth at the cost of the proles, treating them as a resource. that's how the machine works.

Oh, fug.

I never realized how big the towers were tb h. Makes you wonder how a plane so small managed to take them down

>Russians pls post pictures of your town/view from window
This was my view from window for ~15 years

I can't do any of those things, you're full of shit. I'm a labourer barely making ends meat paying out of my ass for groceries and renting a room in the ghetto. All day I'm surrounded by niggers and indians. I'm just barely able to pay for my internet connection and my bus pass. I work for 8 hours at a warehouse surrounded by chinks. I can't afford a TV, video games, or a car. My phone is 8 years old. How's that american dream sound to you now?

Newsflash: unemployment benefits give shit all. Even less if you aren't a "visible minority".

the beginning of October in Siberia

Can be god-tier after some fix.

> Post pics
cant, but mine is full of commieblocks and a road

What are those trees?

>unemployment benefits give shit all
But they still exists, no matter how little you think they may be, I don't see blacks who live off food stamps and unemployment benefits complaining, unless some black dindu get his ass shot by cops. Unemployment benefits also range from country to country, but I know of no country that has a tax imposed on the fact of you being unemployed. So you'd better get some perspective.

> I can't do any of those things, you're full of shit

You're either VERY unlucky or just lie.

If you work full time, your wage can't be lower than $1500 after taxes (approximately).

Save $150 (10%) every month and you can cheap travel for one-two week.
Save $50 (3%) every month and it will be enough for a new phone.

What is so hard?

>but I know of no country that has a tax imposed on the fact of you being unemployed

I hear about one ...