So Microsoft will soon release a Windows 10 version that will support ARM CPU's...

So Microsoft will soon release a Windows 10 version that will support ARM CPU's. Does this mean that we can have a "fully" featured Windows 10 on the raspberry pi? Now that would be pretty cool. Slow, but fun non the less.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A_GlGglbu1U
youtube.com/watch?v=LxMmPKRIXCs
pastebin.com/9uYXMhVm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

when is rasberry pie 4 come

yes, lets make the raspberry pi completely useless by putting windows 10 on it. Brilliant!

in 2019

You could probably already run win RT on it if you tried

Useless? Yes. Fun to tinker with? Yes.

>Windows
>fun
Choose one, and only one.

go back to /r/linux

If you don't want to use any actual software, yes

ARM is ARM, nothing is going to fucking work there

I doubt it will be that far away. It's over due an upgrade now

Well that's what makes Microsoft's implementation more interesting than previous, because of emulation. youtube.com/watch?v=A_GlGglbu1U

Hey it's got wsl now.

Shoo, shill begone!

I think they already have a IOT/core version that runs on pis, its not particularly popular.

Be cool if they released a compatible arm desktop version, I wouldn't use it myself but I'm sure some folks will.

as an owner of an arm netbook running linux, i can say 99% of the software i use works

>I'm a fanboy but you shit on something I fanboy so you're the fanboy/shill instead
Logic

You already can run most of ARM Windows 10 on the Pi over the IoT core kernel. You have to do it all manually though, like getting explorer to work.

Didn't Microsoft fairly recently announce some kind of x86 compatibility emulation for ARM so that people could run their x86 software on Windows 10 ARM. I'm fairly sure they demonstrated it with Photoshop.
And then if I don't remember incorrectly, Intel shat their pants and started making a lot of threats about x86 patents and lawsuits and stuff. No idea what came of it tho.

Why x86 emulation instead of one time binary translation? Also is there even PCIe on ARM? The PC platform could benefit from ditching x86, but keeping the rest.

cool, might look into that - all my pis tied up in docker swarm just now

It's called windows embedded and it's better than 10

I’m just waiting on a powerful(hopefully) Raspberry Pi 4 that can run Ubuntu Mate full speed, without the lag.

Is Docker Swarm comfier than kubernetes for Pis?

different story with windows unfortunately

Because propietary shit

ya all never heard of PC 104?
its kinda the industry standard since the 90's
sales numbers are a couple 0's more then Raspberry and Arduino combined
used for all kinds of industry and even satellites (cubesats) , using x86 from 386 cpus up to intel atoms
and comes w/ all modern stuff like usb , sata , pcie , networking and so on
oh and they take like no power , the 386/486 models take ~ 3w for the base board in use , another 0.5w for a video board (VGA)

Same. All I need from it is a web browser to run, and YouTube playback.
I would love to have an extra monitor in my setup with a Pi.

I'd say so, yeah - kubernates is better for much larger scales so I've heard.

take that with a pinch of salt tho

Unlikely windows runs well on ARM but it'd far too underpowered to meet any reasonable MS requirements for UI performance

There already is a Windows 10 version that supports ARM CPUs, it's called Windows 10 IoT.

Especially since they have two of everything

>s-stop liking what i dont like!!!11!

So where do you buy one and how much do they cost?

dude, M1CR05OF7 has really hit the nail on the head with windows 10. rolling release was the way to go for the premiere OS. they're constantly improving it and fixing shit and adding good features.

in a years time, two years maybe, people will be forced to see that W10 is dank as fuck. most of the important issues and speed will be hammered out, because they have 5,000 programmers constantly improving and cleaning the code.

from there on out it'll be pure fucking rice. there will be windows fuckin everything.

i know you guys are retards but you too will see what windows final form is actually like.

(You)
>dank as fuck
You need to go back.

there are sellers for it (a quick google will tell you) , and they cost a few hundo for a complete stack , but thats industrial gear for ya , you can get em way cheaper used tho

>Unlikely windows runs well on ARM
It already runs well on a snapdragon 820.

i've never even had an account there. you think that anyone who uses the phrase, 'dank as fuck', is from reddit? you're fucking delusional.

Why would you want to?

This is some new level of Pajeet shilling.

>Everyone's a shill but me
Truly.

Why would you use windows 10 on raspberry pi

Perhaps but 2019 is what has been said.

Sure there are many things I would have liked such as faster networking, more cores, upgraded GPU etc. but we just have to wait.

sounds to me like you want something other than an embedded single board computer

aye, would be nice - just have to wait and see

did anything come of the compute module or is it just hideously overpriced crap?

Yes, testing

Why would you install any Windows on a Raspberry Pi? Genuine question

Already a thing: youtube.com/watch?v=LxMmPKRIXCs

The ability to develop with Visual Studio.

That's not Windows Arm build but the IoT build

Yeah man, it’s sooo close to being a fully functioning desktop. Just needs another GB of ram and a faster processor.

VS is a freemium trash.

>The ability to develop with Visual Studio.
Boy I'm sure that would be an amazing experience on a Pi

Indeed. I can't wait.

Enjoy running it almost entirely from swap

> year of the linux desktop, then

Thanks

>sounds to me like you want something other than an embedded single board computer
Not really, what I want is something with the power of Snapdragon 845 with the price and convenience of Raspberry Pi, an embedded DSP platform for ham radio.

>power of a snapdragon 845
>ham radio
wtf user ?

Many ham radios are portable, you can bring them into the mountains both to keep in contact with those home and also to get good contacts. While you want the computational power you don't want to drain your battery, basically the same concern as for mobile phones. And that is the market that Snapdragon serves.

Pic. related is a nice radio but uses old processor parts and their range of DSPs seem to be EOLed. You can get intercontinental communications going using digital modes on the HF bands. Morse code is also comfy.

Also upgrading the display to something more modern that also doubles as panadaptor would be even more comfy.

Also:
>Sup Forums Radio Primer v1.0
>pastebin.com/9uYXMhVm

yea but why would you need that much horsepower for a simple ham setup?

The reason is that I want more than the simple setup. For that I only need an old morse key.

Digital modes and panadapters need a lot of FFT, perfect workload for a DSP.
CW skimmers work on the output of panadapters and also need a bit of processing power. Remember this is real time processing.
ALE takes a bit of wide band processing, also good for a Snapdragon SOC.

okay that makes more sense , ty for explaining

Nobody except some literal currynigger Pajeet would ever want Win10 to run on a raspberrypi. Get fucking necked.

I saw that EEVblog video too.

>he thinks that emulating x86 is anything new
NT4 had that already for MIPS, Alpha, PowerPC and server 2003 for Itanium

>windows 10 on raspberry pi

no thank you

>PCIe on ARM
Yes, you can buy ARM servers with PCIe

If it's less bloat it might be actually useful version for normal computers

Fixing what?
The ability to turn off auto-updates so they can finally fuckup your work and use the machine YOU paid for?

It's fucking shit, all you get is powershell. Way too niche and the environment sucks. I can get everything I want without learning new retarded bullshit with a Linux distro.

Indeed. I can't wait user! Hopefully they release it soon.

harpy is a fat pig now

Why would you use a desktop environment on a pi?

what the fuck even is the point in a pi cluster

that thing almost got my autism flowing

anti-linux people on Sup Forums is like people who hate reading browsing /lit/

is it also like the lardasses who wanted to get in shape so they went to /fit/ but instead now just shit up the catalog with obesity diabeetus food?