What's Spain like? Is it really a third world country...

What's Spain like? Is it really a third world country? I'll study in Madrid next semester but I don't really know what to expect....

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0PR7qRIMs5f
youtube.com/watch?v=cJZ4UA18HGw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You'll find out then, Henk

it's more or less sonora but with a larger superiority complex also communists. Criollos are spics through and throguh, and are no different from any other spic

t. hecho en mexico

>What's Spain like?
shit
> Is it really a third world country?
second world

>I'll study in Madrid next semester but I don't really know what to expect....
if you keep yourself in the studying bubble you'll be ok. but never ever relationate with normal spaniards.

>spain
>superiority complex

>criollos
>spics

they lied to you, you went to chile

Ty Mussolini, nice contribution

It's a shithole only worth for being cheap.

Its nice
Richest spic country for whatever thats worth

>What's Spain like? Is it really a third world country?
i lived in netherland and being honest ,spain is third world compared with your country lad,

probably is the worst countries in europe now, .....
>I'll study in Madrid next semester but I don't really know what to expect....
good luck i wish you speak spanish because nobody speaks english here.

probably is the one of the worst countries in europe now, .....*

>Richest spic country for whatever thats worth
is a shithole

Even students in Madrid don't speak English? My Spanish is OK, am still working on it

You have to be more specific.

If you're going from Holland, then yea don't be surprised if it looks kinds 3rd world-ish, but for example to someone from here it's a bit nicer in every way.

I'm from Holland yeah. Middle class

Your english is a shithole

>I'm from Holland yeah. Middle class
welcome to third world, be careful with gypsies

>Your english is a shithole
i know

Then it will seem dysfunctional at some times, if that's what you're asking.

Just ignore them right? I've been to Paris and they never bothered me

>If you're going from Holland, then yea don't be surprised if it looks kinds 3rd world-ish
literally this.

Criollos are full blooded Spaniards born in the Americas...

Madrid is fucking awesome, not as touristy as Amsterdam although some places can feel like it. There's bound to be some culture shock moments but other than different culture/people it isn't bad, night life is much better and women are beautifull, chill and open minded. If you're not working you probably will enjoy it.

Seriously? I've spent quite some time living in Amsterdam and Madrid is not only more navigable, but quite nicer. I don't understand these memes, really.

you have never lived in netherland but spain compared with central european countries is pretty shit, lad.

>Is it really a third world country

and france is 1293812389 times more dangerous than spain

the muh minorities is mostly a meme so don't worry

nobody will ever say you a word mostly

>I've spent quite some time living in Amsterdam and Madrid is not only more navigable, but quite nicer. I don't understand these memes, really.
touristic parts are ok but the country is not.

>typical spaniards self-hating their own country and by extension, themselves

OP don't worry, Spain is great. We have many bad things, true, but we aren't the worst country in Europe like many retards here think. Madrid is a modern city in all aspects, just make sure to stay away from the shitty neighborhoods and gypsies.

Which uni? Where are you staying?

Don't get me wrong here; Amsterdam is a really cool place, it just gets a bit overcrowded.

I know little of Spain outside Madrid, but that's bullshit. I've lived in Copenhagen, and Frankfurt, as well as traveled around quite a bit, and I've seen far worse. Paris has humongous ghettos and parts of Brussels seem out of a Middle Eastern country. Cadiz is also great.

Spaniards take the prize for the most self-loathing posters on Sup Forums, except for that one nationalistic cunt.

Internship. Staying in Chamberí with three other students.

Don't listen to the average patr-idiotic

Expect a notably lower level of life and a considerable downgrade in everything if you're moving from Holland.

why do you come here? you can move to france for example

vocaroo.com/i/s0PR7qRIMs5f

>Expect a notably lower level of life and a considerable downgrade in everything if you're moving from Holland.
this user knows

Been to france multiple times. I don't really like French people. Spanish people seem way more relaxed and less arrogant. Also it was easy for me to get an internship in Madrid, so the choice was easy.

>Expect a notably lower level of life and a considerable downgrade in everything

Ok, start giving examples. What things are worse, exactly? And I mean real things that will affect a student in their day to day life, not the usual political bullshit that you might be thinking about.

Honestly, it's always fun to move around, and Madrid has lots to offer. Whether you have a good or a bad experience depends on who you meet and what kind of person you are. Madrid has a great nightlife and there's plenty of cafés and bares around: lively is the best word for it. Hope you have your fun and manage to drill a qt.

Most spaniards, even young ones, start actually learning english when they first make contact with strangers (often because they're traveling or immigrating). It's not like in some places of europe where english is everywhere, it's mostly limited to songs and schools here.

>If you're going from Holland, then yea don't be surprised if it looks kinds 3rd world-ish, but for example to someone from here it's a bit nicer in every way.

Is Spain for Portugal what Italy is for Spain?

He's right though

Yes, it's really third world: vastly muslim and ethnically Colombian. We also speak in Mexican and behave like those in Geordie Shore

>manage to drill a qt

That's exactly what I plan on doing desu. Can't wait to fuck a qt petite spanish grill

Spaniards have a shitty English because there was little contact with the Anglos in recent history and has a population big enough to have everything translated. Communicating in English in France or francophone Belgium is as hard, if not harder in big cities; Italy is the same as Spain.

I know Spain, visited several times. I'm also familiar with Amsterdam, I'm specifically comparing with that city. If I had to choose I'd pick Madrid as a place to live over Amsterdam every single time. Night life is shit in Amsterdam, weather is also shit (and Madrid's weather is pretty much shit to me) it's full of Africans (yes, more than Madrid or Barcelona or Seville...) food is bad contrary to Spain, hotties are not as common as you might think and they tend to be demanding/high maintenance whereas in Spain you can find 10/10s who are bro tier chill.

Now I was specific in terms of labor, I know you guys still have it bad in terms of the economy and what I've heard of work place culture in Spain isn't cool, but for studying? You'll have a quality of life that's amazing on the amount it would take you to be just ok in the Netherlands. Flats are also a lot roomier in Spain... Milleage will vary ofc, it's just opinions.

He's probably butthurt because he's poor. In reality there is no difference if you have money, life is the same almost everywhere.

By some places of europe I didn't mean all of it. Do the dutch dub their movies and TV? I'm pretty sure they don't.

>arrogant

This meme must die.

>That's exactly what I plan on doing desu. Can't wait to fuck a qt petite spanish grill
they are worse than your grills and of course they love your money,

It's not just weather, they also have this brown grim architecture which is really depressing.

You are so wrong.

Please don't come, we don't need more guiris.

explain

Worse? How? Girls are being put on a pedestal too much here, I dislike them.

>implying I have money

>It's not just weather, they also have this brown grim architecture which is really depressing.

>comparing weather with a shitty economy

really makes you think

Dont believe a word of the selfhating retards.
Ive studied my master in Eindoven and life in Madrid is just so much better (except for lower salaries).
The english is lower than average but better than Italy or France so no biggie. People tend to be friendly, there is a ton of things to do and Madrid never sleep

Pretty much agree with all this.

Also I'm not attracted to giant people who speak an ear-mangling language.

The only thing I wouldn't like in Spain is the taxes.

Yeah, and he didn't respond to my question, because he basically can't.
As said, Spain can be a really good place to live as an international student, because you aren't affected by most of the problems in our economy.

Plus Madrid is way cheaper than Amsterdam. That is always a plus if you're bringing money from a country where the average wage is higher.

been there a couple of times on vacation
Spaniards are pretty laid back and easy going but they're also kinda lazy and would prefer sleeping or drinking overworking but maybe it's just Catalans i've only been to madrid for a short while

He's a Finn, just let him be

Everyone says we're "arrogant" without providing a single fact, it has no basis in reality.

I think Catalans are among the less lazy of the bunch.

No u, lol

>really makes you think

You're definitely not thinking enough, because OP intends to live here as a student and therefore he won't have to give a shit about the economy. If anything, weather will be affecting him more than the growth of the IBEX rates.

Parisiens are often pretty fucking cocky. The south of France is pretty chill, though.

Madrid is not expensive; I remember Germany being generally cheaper when it came to groceries, but here you can go out and have a beer at your local tapería for little. It's quite fun if you meet the right people, but then again, isn't that the case for any city in Yurop?

I kinda like the architecture in the Netherlands and I don't want to bad mouth it, people are amazingly welcoming for a touristy city, like some guys invited me to smoke weed with them on just the train from the airport to the city first time I was there and the last some guy invited us to smoke in his boat. DESU I don't get it why the ambience is so gloom when individually the Ducth are amazing... I'll grant you architecture is much better in Madrid however...

>arab calling someone lazy

Whenever I'm in France as a tourist I feel unwanted as fuck. Not just in Paris, but also in more rural parts. We spend a shit ton of money in your country, yet we're being treated as if we're annoying shits.

I'm generalizing of course.

Im jelly OP.
I always wanted to study there.
Anyway ive been to madrid 14 times or so.

My two cents, I've never in my life met anyone from France that was arrogant or in any way disagreeable. Neither in my country nor over there, been in Paris two times only but it was an amazing experience and the women... Needless to say they're gracious and some of the most beautiful in the world.

14 times. What is it that keeps making you come back?

Got some juicy stories with regards to Spanish grills?

Guiris pls stay away from our women and our country. Your women are hideous, it's not a fair trade.

>Your women are hideous
What the fuck

>guiris

Never heard of this meme before, please explain

You'll get laid if you can get laid elsewhere, though the big night scene helps. It really depends on your looks, social skills and standards.

I always wanted to go back to the Netherlands and have a chill time there, I liked it a lot. Sadly, the only contact I had with the locals was with a schizo bitch. Fun times.

Well, I'd prefer the Netherlands over Spain any day but the architecture is not too appealing for my taste. Besides, the population density is way too high for me.

"Guiri" means foreigner. It's not really an insult, more like a very lighthearted slander or just slang.

guiri is slang for "tourists from northern europe"

>Your women are hideous

You're gay, confirmed

Spaniards are truly a mystery. Anyway Madrid/Spain is great. In my opinion one of the good places in the earth to live.

>Besides, the population density is way too high for me.
It's literally irrelevant unless you want to live isolated in the middle of nowhere.

I get laid in NL but it requires quite a bit of effort. I hoped it would be of help that I'm tall and I stand out in Spain with my light blonde hair.

I fugged one slutty sbanish girl there last week kek.
I go there for the art and nightlife basically.

kek we're not the ones illegaly migrating to morocoo

>I hoped it would be of help that I'm tall and I stand out in Spain with my light blonde hair.
It will be extremely helpful in making you stand out. You will get their attention.

You just have to be good at closing the deal.

t. Look like a typical british chav in Portugal, stands out, bitches love it for short term mating

Based dancing and music

youtube.com/watch?v=cJZ4UA18HGw

I wouldn't say it's irrelevant. Ever been to London? Some streets are so packed with people that you barely can't barely walk without having to push your way around. I believe cities with higher population densities have higher chances of having these incredibly crowded streets that could make anyone with social anxiety jump back to where they came from.

Well, it's always easier to get laid if you come off as exotic.

Girls often come to me when in Spain and ask where im from and what im doing there. I dont think you will have any problems in that regard. Especially not when you are with a friend.

Live in Spain atm, back in US for summer

Spain is 1st world
BUT
It feels really empty since they built too much bullshit that isn't used anymore. The airport in Madrid is ridiculously big. If you take a train you'll see entire newly-built towns with no population

Sometimes you can see the poverty of Spain's past because there are a lot of old cripples. Other than that very first world desu the metro is one of the best in the world

>short term mating

Mah chav.

I've been to London and most of those streets are meant for tourists. Piccadilly Circus being the one exception I noticed.

being tall is always a plus

blond hair might stand out in the crowd but it won't guarantee you anything, it isn't that uncommon here

Everyone always says im an obvious guiri because of my blue eyes and blonde hair though.

>What's Spain like?
Great
>Is it really a third world country?
Are you stupid or have you never been outside of your swamp and believe the Sup Forums shitposting?

It's not like we don't have millions of blonde haired, blue eyed people walking around the streets

based Italian

yes most of them being dirty anglo tourists

We have plenty of Spanish-looking people here in NL as well. But if you're in a Dutch club the girls will still be more interested in these Pedro's simply because they stand out a bit.

Nah, lad. My father is blue eyed blonde. If you look like a guiri you likely have a very pale skin or nordic/slavic facial structure to tell you apart. You can tell a brunette guiri just as well.

Catalans love to work.

t. Catalan

I'm serious. The problem here are not migdiades. The problem is workaholism.

Of course I'm talking about cultural (ethnical) Catalans.

If you are around the main cities it will be very difficult to appreciate this. Too many immigrants and degeneracy.

according to girls its because of the way i move
t. autist
Well i fugg them anyway

I had some Strayan friends who used to call me the Dutchman, because according to them I looked like a Dutch. I don't know what the fuck the Dutch look like, honestly; it's much easier to tell your average Pierre or Hans apart.

pic of u?

long face, blonde

That's Heinrich, not Henk.

How are Latin American immigrants treated in espana?