How does Sup Forums justify piracy?

How does Sup Forums justify piracy?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.ca/search?q=eu withholds piracy study&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=mNvbWaCMHMLd0gLFp6joBQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cause I get free shit.

with religious people i justify it by saying jesus was a pirate
>duplicated bread and fish
>people at the market didn't make money
>turned water into wine
>people selling wine didn't make money

Because fuck capitalism

This. Jesus was a pirate and he died for our sins.

I don't

There's nothing like as freedom of doing piracy.

I don't need to

It doesn't need justifying, I do it because I can.

Yeah but people also need bread and wine to live. He could have made heroin and coke for everyone but he didn't and it wasn't because he didn't think about it.

Because Im poor

*died for his sins

FTFY

I don't but piracy is something that should be judged on a case by case basis.

Less shekels for jewish investors, developers already got paid for their job.

Technology allows to copy things, it's not stealing and the only way to fight it is offering a plus.
For example, Adobe offers Typekit, stock images and a lot of stuff for their license. Gaymes offer online experience, achievements and a lot of stuff to measure your penis with your friends, they sell the whole experience.

So, for me piracy is completely justified, if people can't work around it then they don't deserve the money.

My thinking of all the things I can do with the money I save not paying for digital media.

I'm an internet anarchist

Fuck the corporations, fuck the system!

But please don't cut my internet cable

Supply-side economics. Copyright in its current form is antiquated and does not reflect industry needs. There is no reason to claim monopoly on digital distribution, servers are not free. The businesses that are complaining are just mad that pirate bay is better at selling ads than they are. Maybe they should actually do some research and figure out what it is that their customers actually respond to instead of pointing the finger.

I buy a ton of shit and don't have much money.
I have all the tv channels amazon and Netflix
half the shit i pirate i have access too but premium channel streaming is garbage.
I have hundreds of dvds

If it is not avaialble for sale at all
Not available in the us in any store
must be bought second hand
was only aired on tv in another channel and can't be purchased anywhere on earth

If i was ever going to pay for something i would. There are tons of legitimate reasons for downloading videos online.

What a fucking faggot. I would have just made copies of gold.

found der juden

/thread

Because if I buy a cd I get shittier copies of the songs I want to listen to than if I just fucking torrented that shit

Attack their whole system, stop feeding the machine.

Whether piracy exists or not I still can't afford your shit. Still having access to it is a nice bonus.

Everything i've ever owned is second hand.
I pirate where I can't put many back into the local area.

>justify
Sorry, I'm not retarded. I do it because I can.

>Fuck the jews, the developers/workers of whatever was producer already got paid, the only ones losing money are the investors/publishers
>Fuck availability limitations, not everything is available for legit purchase, especially media
>Fuck streaming services, fuck subscription based services with shitty connections/bandwith
>Fuck physical media, I store everything in my HDDs instead of having hundreds of CDs/DVDs/BluRays etc

When you buy an album, unless it's self published or indie, you're just giving money to huge publisher corporations, screw those.
I pirate a ton of shit but I also make donations to authors/developers/artists through other means, because I'd rather give them money directly than give it to a publisher so the original authors get to see 1/10th of what I paid.
And fuck DRM of any kind.

Is this 2005?

you get shit for free. is there a better justification?

>How does Sup Forums justify piracy?

We don't. A better question is, how do these modern "intellectual capitalists" justify profiting off of trying to tell me what I can and cannot think?

Literally this.

fpbp

If software deserves the price it's asking for i'll buy it.
I have spent more than 200€ on steam games that deserve the money and i am probably one of the few people in here that have bought software they liked on an android phone.(genesis games,nova,black player ex , myboy and myold boy)
This is all software i pirated in the past ,liked and bought.
I will not buy software i'll use for 5 minutes and then uninstall i am not stupid.

My nigga, I also bought Black Player EX

I do pirate, but I'm not retarded and know it can't be justified.

I bet all these retards who think is morally okay to pirate would get mad if they invested time and resources on creating intellectual property and people pirated it without giving him anything in exchange.

I'm a nigger. I don't need to

Yup i swear the guy who makes that deserves that money

google.ca/search?q=eu withholds piracy study&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=mNvbWaCMHMLd0gLFp6joBQ

The problem with this argument is that if those jewish investors don't get enough profit they won't pay that developer for the next job, they will move on to someone else.

This is why previously successful developers have started relying on croudfunding for their projects.

Of course, none of this applies to developers who are themselves jewish investors, like adobe and microsoft.

You'd only end up devaluing gold.

>want need for speed underground/true crime streets of LA + NY/Dri3ver for pc
>20$ to 50$ for a cd
>not on steam or origin either to get digitally
i dont know you ask me

I don't justify it, but I have reasons.

Piracy puts downward pressure on prices and encourages instant access with limited effort. Some studies show piracy is increasing sales overall. Game piracy was rampant in the mid 2000s until Steam came along and made buying games centralized, easy, and cheap with sales that often see games discounted to 90% or more. A certain percentage of works will always be pirated, but the more you seek to control access and the more you try to charge more than the market will bare, the more piracy you will find.

In the end though, I'm just one of those who will pirate because I have the knowledge and know how to do so, and I don't have a lot of money.

I typically buy stocks with my leftover cash, so it does go to a better allocation.

This

The reason I pirate almost every game is because I don't really enjoy playing games anymore, yet I got the urge to do so. I'll download a game, play it for 30min~2hours one day before I throw it off my hdd the next day. Only the games I truly play know I will keep playing, I buy.

>How does Sup Forums justify piracy?

I don't need to. I do what serves me. I don't care about you, or rich soft companies.

It's the most effective malware vector for ages 18-24

I don't care whether it's wrong.

I've never pillaged on the high seas in my life, so I don't need to justify it

I don't, EU did it for me. Why should I stop an activity that hurts nobody?

There is no "good" and "evil"
Just "fun" and "boring"

>implying people would find out let alone believe you when you tell them you can copy and paste gold

Pirating Zenimax/Bethesda games should be considered an act of patriotism. Same with adobe.

Like it? Buy it.

If I really like an artist I give back by sucking their dick.

That probably confuses them more than shows that you support their work

cause i can, i don't need to justify what i do as some cheap moral to virtue signal

But you increase your share of the total market value

Because I'm not a moralfag who feels the need to justify every little thing he does. Out of all the crimes I could commit, piracy is the last one authorities worry about.

Why Bethesda? I can understand EA or Ubisoft.

>people need wine to live

This. What other reason do I need to give? If I really want to support the Creator I'll just buy.

With unsanitary water you bet they did. The alcohol in wine killed of bacteria that could get you very sick

If I like it I buy it

I want to use the software but I can't afford to buy it, so I pirate it.

Some pricings just make no sense.

Take fonts for example. Most fonts cost as much as a month of Office, or the Adobe Photography bundle, or more.

Fonts are a fucking ripoff.

I don't justify it, I simply don't care

Linux users need wine to live.

Found the ploughin' cuck, ahoy.

If you have to ask you're out of touch with reality. Ubisoft is fine.

>buy a legitimate version of windows
>spyware from microsoft, can't turn off automatic updates, forced scarcity to push people to winblows 10
>can't even customize it like you could linux

For starters. It's their fault for stopping production of windows 7 and 8.

Federal Reserve is downloading money that are not missing from anywhere too.

Then they continue to move on, until no one wants to work for them.

Once again, fpbp.

I pirate to get a "taste" of the product I download. Unfortunately, most Windows software and games, taste like shit, and I decide against buying them.

I'm a jobless loser.

I make enough money that I can afford any media.

I cannot, however, play that media on every device I own without being subjected to 101 DRM schemes that fasten me and the content creator to their electronic middleman bullshit.

I buy. I pirate. I don't need to justify shit because some four-letter paid off enough of my legislators.

I don't. Don't have to justify anything to anyone. It's great.

what jame is dis

I don't know OP, how do you justify buying garbage for a stupid high price that you don't even need?

Copy right creates artificial scarcity. Software can be duplicated but because of copyright and DRM its not. Its real value is 0.

By that definition the real value of currency is 0.

just fiat currency

>scarcity of things whose value is 0
What should it matter then? Are you a retard who duplicates zero value stuff?

yeah man i duplicate carbon dioxide all day

I know piracy is all no good but this is the internet you can't completly ban something here, there are no fucking rules here, you can't tell me what to do cause this is a place where too many persons gather and if there are rules there is someone who made them thus someone has somesort of control over all these persons which is bad, piracy keeps a sort of balance and it must be maintained

1. Look at games today. Chuck full of bullshit like season passes, loot boxes, paid day-one-DLC, bugs, shit stories, half-assed characters, etc. And overall games are not all that great, just recycled garbage.

2. Most movies suck. Every interesting story has already been written. Now everything is a reboot, featuring a mary sue that is amazing at everything because of their vagina and your token "i have a penis therefore im either evil or a bumbling retard" (TV is the same thing)

1 and 2 illustrate why most shit is no where near worth their asking price. With piracy i get shit either for free or the ability to test something before i reward developers with money.

All the "economic losses" would be lost by sharing as well. Copyright is a modern concept. In the middle ages if you wanted a book you would just copy it until your hand hurt.

I hate this meme. What (((artists))) call "piracy" is really just late-game capitalism. Think about it. In the 90's you'd sometimes get free fries from some fast food chain stores at their grand opening. You can get coupons in the mail TODAY, only once in a blue moon mind you, for something free and small. Now imagine if I can get 10 movies and the entire catalog of sega genesis games for less than what a small fry costs at mcdonalds. Of fucking course I'm going to get those games. I'd be stupid NOT to. Now, just because some friendly, humble merchants are yelling owvey or something like that doesn't mean it's not capitalism, it just means I'm getting a better deal getting those games from elsewhere and therefore not buying from them. Giving out shit for free or almost for free is the best benefit of capitalism. Now, if you were gladly and proudly paying taxes for those games, THEN you'd be giving capitalism the finger, because you're making decisions and giving your own resources away to things that aren't controllable by you and isn't spent on your or in your best interest, unless you're a retard who subconsciously "knows" that other people could spend your money for you more wisely than you while simultaneously having the audacity to think these smart other people would think of you as anything more than a dumbass or an insect, and would genuinely care for you, while also never seeing your face.

tl;dr imagine being at computers

you don't offer it in my country = you don't care about my money

There are arbitrary combinations of 0s and 1s that are considered illegal.

You cannot duplicate non-virtual matter. What you do is "producing" carbon dioxide.

Try passing high school next time.

It's mine because I can fucking take it when I want

i''ll stick to duplicating shitposts than

>2. Most movies suck. Every interesting story has already been written. Now everything is a reboot, featuring a mary sue that is amazing at everything because of their vagina and your token "i have a penis therefore im either evil or a bumbling retard" (TV is the same thing)

That's your fault for watching jewish-inspired american media. Try anime.

>That's your fault for getting AIDS, try Cancer
ftfy

>non-circulating capital (free stuff) is capitalism
Are you retarded?