I recently came upon an amount of money that sincerely makes no sense to me...

I recently came upon an amount of money that sincerely makes no sense to me, I don't need it or have any particular attachment to it so I wanted to use it to make a small software company. Mainly to recruit people in college or fresh out of it, maybe give them a chance to experiment a bit or have something in their resume. It would be nice if it worked but if it goes bankrupt because I wasted all the money, again, I don't care. If that money goes to train cool people and local taxes I'd be sincerely happy.

I'd like some brain storming for non scummy ways to scout people and/or interview stuff that makes more sense than white board improv sessions.

(pic unrelated in case that needed to be stated)

give it back tyrone

But I don't want to keep bitcoins

Interview people by taking them to a store that sells board games. Have them pick out a game they've never played before. Buy it, then play the game with them. Observe how they learn new rules, and see how they try to beat you. After the game, even if they win, ask them how they'd try differently next time. Have them program whichever part of the game they find the most interesting.

You can tell a lot about a person from how they play a game, and you can tell even more from how they learn to play in the first place. The part of the game they choose to program is probably similar to the kind of programming they'd be comfortable doing. You'd get a good feel for how well you'd work together from the kind of game they picked, and the time you spent playing it with them.

I had never heard that one before. It sounds pretty cool for small enterprises.
But if you went through that and you got rejected wouldn't it feel like the worst waste of time? If it was one of those modern games with specific concepts like Catan or Betrayal at House on the Hill for example, and you got to keep the work you did in case you want to expand on it, would that feel okay?

Arm chair CEO thread?

Have them show you their personal projects. If
it's not retarded and might make some money, invest in it and help them get it out.

The idea would be a normal human being 9 to 5 so they can still finish classes and take exams or try their own stuff in their free time. I get that usually to catch a deadline virtually everyone works much more than that, do you think that it's impossible to program and have a life even if the deadlines are realistic?

I'm not 100% aggainst just supporting people I like, I guess.

H-how many?

Make them go through some kind of short bootcamp and select the best?

This would instantly make me magnitudes more interested in a company if they interviewed like this. Anything you can study for is instantly ruined and no longer effectively capable of its original purpose. Princeton review, weed out undergrad classes, the coding interview, etc.
Do I mind drawing algorithms on a whiteboard to show I understand computer science? Not really. But when thousands of brainlets will get in line for hours in hopes of sucking enough recruiter dick to get the glory of five minutes of pretending to be an autistic computer nerd when you're actually a techbro who just wants a six figure salary and "Working at a company that makes you go wow" (so any feeeemales will know they have lots of money and are thus ideal dates), we get bullshit like three phone calls on top of an in person interview to get a fucking starting job. I don't care salary or prestige or work culture. I'm skilled labor, I'm not going to work for a company that will waste my time making me run and circles and beg for work because they want loyalty over productivity.
The board game example is hard because you need to understand some compsci yourself to get a grasp of what makes a good candidate, but it allows you to get an idea of someone's problem solving process magnitudes better than drawing bubble sort on a notepad and writing fizzbuzz in python. The downside is you can't let any non technically inclined wageslave do the recruiting, but if you'll be doing the dirty work then it's kind of a brilliant idea.

three figures

My worry is that interviews like that would take a really long time. It would at least half an hour playing, maybe another discussing their opinions and points. Then some extra time to program on your own, let's say a day or maybe two. Or were you thinking an intensive 8 hours interview?

In any case it sounds a bit extreme for an interview. Even more if you're not gonna get a particularly good job. Or maybe it would make you feel special, like, "they are giving me so much time to shine"?

I like the idea, but it does need some preparation and testing to see how it plays out irl. Like having some preselected games that have room for original translations and seeing how long it would take with someone completely unprepared.

Donate to Debian. Supporting lesser projects which benefit far fewer people is silly.

cool story

>Be on a weeb website
>Not using that money hire translators of lewd jap visual novels.

You can do it not for income or you can contact steam and jap devs and make contracts.

I get your point and I totally respect that position. Even if it's selfish I prefer to do something I can see work or fail in front of me.

I don't really get visual novels, it's not for me and I'm cool not being loved by my fellow Sup Forums weebs.
If anything I'm jelly that japan has such a strong independent scene sustained entirely by their internal market. Same with light novels.

Send me some of your btc so I can finally have at least one thing in my life that didn't belong to someone else first despite genuinely trying as hard as I can to get ahead.

Okay, really I know you wouldn't, because you have no way of knowing if I'm sincere or just another NEET, and my problems are just that - my problems... But I had to try anyway.

Now onto my serious reply: why not start some kind of tech incubator like Bachman on Silicon Valley, but you know... Not scummy. Interview people with an idea and if it sounds like it'll actually go somewhere, give them a place to develop it for shares in their company or a percentage of revenue generated (not so you can end up with more money you don't want, but so you can reinvest it into more new ideas), and focus mostly on ideas that will actually change the world for the better in your opinion.

Pay for my college tuition pleeeeeease.

I’ll even work for you while in college.

Hiring based on projects is interesting. But it sounds too focused on starting stuff and not so much on finishing it, and in my experience most programmers want to be workers more than creators.

Maybe it could be like a list of objectives starting with the clearest idea and then moving on to more challenging projects. But wouldn't you hate to be hired for a concept you'd have to wait months to try if you even reach it before everything goes bankrupt?

it sounds tedious and only works in a theory and does not acale

even if you spend it on yourself the net effect is the same

What would be your policy on trannies?

hire me I'll make you a java program that keeps track of your dvd collection

Open up larping school. You seem experienced anyway.

I'll be honest, I have zero programming experience. I've got way too much other stuff to worry about with keeping a roof over my head and being the primary caregiver for my physically disabled wife. It's hard enough just finding time to take a deep breath and unwind by (usually) shitposting on Sup Forums to keep my stress level below"gun in the mouth" tier so I don't even have the time to learn a programming language. I'm shit at math anyway from growing up in a rural as fuck place where high school math was little more than shit kids are learning in elementary school now. I'm 35 and totally without any prospects, working a manual labor job just because I'm a physically large, strong male.

This isn't a sob story, btw, but rather an explanation as to why I'm a tech enthusiast that never managed to get anywhere with it despite being old enough to have really made some big money if not for where I was born and raised. Think of me as a cautionary tale: if you're under 30 and not doing something you love, but you have the chance to... FUCKING DO IT. If you don't, you'll end up full of regret, struggling to get by, wishing you had just left where you are and taken a chance when you could have. Maybe you'll be the next tech great, or maybe you'll just make a decent living doing something that doesn't crush your soul a little more every day... But anything is better than this, aside from maybe homelessness.

Sorry I killed your thread with depression.

Oh, i'm sorry, I read that as an intentionally exagerated sob story satire. I hope things work out sooner or later bro.

Thanks dude. I seriously wish it were exaggerated, in fact I left out a lot of stuff because I was genuinely trying to warn Sup Forumsents that if they have an opportunity, take it. No one is guaranteed "later". I see so many young people on this board content to leech off their parents or the government... But what if their parents died tomorrow and it turns out their money was all credit and budgeting, or the government takes away their assistance? They need to do something NOW while they still can or they'll end up like me.

It's one of those exceedingly rare days where I want to see others do better than I have, rather than enjoying the company of their misery lol.

I really hope you find something worthwhile to do with what you have, something that you can look back on in 10-20 years and be proud of. Or do something ridiculous for yourself, do something that makes you happy right now because you may not be here in 10-20 years. But don't just do nothing. I hope one day I see a news story or something about someone that used Bitcoin and did something awesome. Even if it's not you, I'm going to pretend it is.

Larping faggot thread?

Or you could stop being an aspie and introduce the concept of the interview being extensive and extraordinary since you're offering something more than an ordinary job. If they choose to accept then they're at their own mercy and can leave at any time. If you have as much money as you think you do taking this time shouldn't even require justification.

I'd be hard fought to believe you're capable of good character judgment discerning from your behavior online though, so really it's all for naught.