Suburbs

How do we fix this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/PhiladelphiaPolice/videos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Make american cities livable again by increasing the availability and quality of public services, invest in public transportation and zone more living areas instead of office space.

Whats wrong with them? We have the space for it so why not

Nuke it

By removing nogs from the inner city.

>those tiny yards

agent orange

Drive blacks and beaners out of the cities, move white people back in, fix everything up, and bulldoze the suburbs.

Stop posting

If True Detective and King of the Hill are to be believed Americans just like mowing their lawns too much to live any other way

>implying suburbs look anything like in that pic

Literally nothing wrong with suburbs

t. JaMarcus

you can't walk or ride public transit anywhere and it's a complete waste of space

Newer suburbs look exactly like that

They look awful from the air but they're pretty comfy from the inside. Pic related, the street I grew up on.

That's an advantage, it keeps poor people far away because they have no practical way to get in or out.

That's why you bike or skate, and there's plenty of space in america to go around

you are suppose to own a car when you own a house in the suburbs

Hate living in them

Can't go anywhere without driving
Public transport is none existent
Nothing within walking distance
Surrounded by old people

Driving was fun for the first 2 weeks now it's a chore

I want out

why do americans never own any land?

every time I see pictures of american houses you just have a tiny green patch and that's it

What's broken? What needs to be fixed?

>there's plenty of space in america to go around
there's plenty of space on my bedroom wall but it doesn't mean i go around smearing shit on it

america is a big country
some people do have acres and acres of land

make home owners associations illegal.

its your wall if you want shit you smear shit
why do you care about what others think?
do you live in the suburbs because they tell you to?

>Building more livable infrastructure for american families is comparable to smearing shit on the wall
Go live in a commie block is you hate space so much then cuck

Since all the houses in those suburbs look the same, how do Americans tell their houses apart?

get actual culture exept worship le murican dreme meme
you classcucked idiots
>inb4 some fucktard things repying with "t. mohammed" is an argument

This. It's just a bunch of old people with nothing to do using their massive amounts of free time to exercise petty authority and piss off everyone around them.

the numbers and the direction and the plants

or get everything delivered and be retired or work at home

....I'd like that

we buy a second car to park in the drive way to personalize the house

Pre-WWII streetcar suburbs > Post-WWII shit suburbs

i would rather live out in nowhere surrounded by nothing

yeah, it's really big, so why design expensive suburbs with tiny lots? who actually wants to live that cramped

To fix suburbs you need to move niggers into them.
They would stop looking so neat and boring pretty quickly

I live in a suburb where all the houses look different

hahahaha yeah m8

b-but the nice neighbours that salute you in silly ways and make dumb small talk...

yes they do but some might call the hoa on you because they don't like your plants

This is what an American neighborhood should look like.

most people buy those places on mortgage, it is their own house instead of being passed down
american demographics is not like europeans, people move around all the time and most of them do not want or cannot afford to build a "permanent" house themselves so they buy premade ones

the houses in the suburbs are affordable and not too expensive the point is most people should be able to afford it with 20-40 years on mortgage, then they retire , a lot of also buy to rent out

this is my mom

but to be fair the neighbours' bug infested trees practically invade our house and they don't give a fuck

where are the looting niggers and rioters?

Yes, some suburbs in USA look absolutely appalling, but this pic related isn't one of them imo.

We're talking about a country with 320 million people.

Would you rather have them building fucking commie blocks? No? Then this is it. This is what it will look like when you build real homes for 320 million people. I don't even want to know how many houses that needs building each year. It must be a pretty high number. It makes a lot of sense for big companies to buy land and build lots of houses for people to buy and move into, when you have a country that needs a hella lot of new houses each year.

Pic related, typical Norway.

we had a stump and they call it cuz it looked ugly

It only looks pretty but it's the same thing as living in a shitty apartment complex surrounded by traffic

maybe the color?

fresh stumps look nice and are cool to sit on

with commieblocks

those houses are probably build well in comparison. most houses in the suburb are made of plastic siding and particle board.

>literally no sidewalks

fewer cars then?

the absence of edgerows/fences/whatever to delimit the properties triggers me

You take memes too seriously.

Those are in Norway, I'm sorry I messed up the first line of my post, making it sound like my pic related was USA.

I meant to say OP-pic is not one of the ugly ones.

i think they might rot

How can South Americans have time to be worried about their neighbor's plants? Aren't you more concerned about getting robbed/kidnapped/murdered all the time?

>robbed/kidnapped/murdered

This is how a good amount of europeans see america desu senpai

It'll fix itself. No, seriously.

Our population will peak soon and then decline precipitously at some point in the next century. The housing market will collapse utterly because of this, to the point where developers will be buying up and tearing down entire empty neighborhoods just to raise property values.

In the US that's only in super poor areas. But all of SA is super poor, so logically it must be pretty much just Mad Max: Jungle Edition on the entire continent.

The closer you are to the city or economic center, the pricey land gets

Tiny suburban plots are the North American alternative to apartments. Apartments are small but usually offer close access to cities. Tiny houses with tiny yards allow at least a tiny bit of outdoor space. For people who hate apartments, tiny houses are a step up

Owning a large home with a large plot is egregiously expensive near a city in North America

Same way people tell apartments apart.

paint the roofs red.
red and green makes a vivid contrast, which makes the suburb more aesthetically pleasing and less soulless.

>this is what americans actually believe

living the dream

>availability and quality of public services
>invest in public transportation
Too bad stuff like this gets labeled as commie agendas and then dropped.

Calm down there Green Day, these sorts of homes are for middle-income people who need a basic place to live, they're nothing dreamy at all. Those sorts of small bungalows are for the "Ah fuck it, I just want a basic hut to live in" types, not big dreamers

t. mohammed

If that's not true then what is it really like? Is it possible for you to walk down the street without being attacked?

>tfw my city has comfy suburbs
Too bad housing is super expensive here.

Location >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Construction quality >>>>>>>>>>>> Accessories (Garden, solar etc.) >> Size of plot >>> Volume of home

The US has a huge problem with very high crime rate (even in the safest areas), lack of access to culture in many places, and extremely poor infrastructure and build quality in a lot of places. Space-wise most people buy much larger than they need and lots of excess volume that's poorly used.

Traffic can also be atrociously bad in spots so location can bypass that

Pic related, I'm not sure which city this is (Chicago?) but it shows the sprawl problem

Definitely

my house is 3100 sq. feet and my part of the city at least is really peaceful

Is that common? The general image here is that everything south of the border is nothing but constant gun battles with banditos killing everything on sight and paramilitary groups raping and pillaging 24/7.

no it's not, the southern cone is a special case

my city is also the wealthiest of all LA, all the natives got a little wealthy one way or the other, kind of like in Qatar, therefore robbery and murder is not common

The drugs and nightclub scene in the other hand...

WHERE IS THAT ABORT THAT

wow, this urban planification really makes me squint

It just needs some trees and stuff. Looks grim when it's all copypasted like that but nothing wrong with those kinds of districts

This

Redpill on North American suburbs here from someone living in one from a family who owns 3 mcmansions (they're kinda rich)

>Shit construction quality, drywall interiors, vinyl siding, maybe 1/5th of the house is real materials like brick or oak
>Rammed-earth hard clay foundation which fucks up plant roots
>Builders are mexicans and ex-cons, who drink on the job and leave booze bottles and cigarrets buried everywhere
>High obesity rate
>Expensive utilities costs because of huge heating/cooling inefficiencies (bad thermals, big volume
>Have to drive everywhere, no high speed rail or dense train/bus coverage
>Amenities are all strip malls, only some of them have places that sell real food that won't lower testosterone
>Demographics are SHIT, basically it's children up until age 18, then a void of people under 35 or so, usually once 30-somethings with kids are wealthy enough they move back in, but all young people, all potential friends and gfs all live in the city
>Being flooded now with south and east Asians

The one benefit might be gardening space especially if you live against a parkland like we do, and lower crime. Still very high by European standards, but low crime by US standards

I've seen this post before.

>That's an advantage, it keeps poor people far away because they have no practical way to get in or out.
>Americans

fuck poor people

Explain how it's not true.

I think what he was trying to say was

>America

Basically.

How the fuck does reinforcing social stratification improve society exactly?

I could never imagine living in the suburbs. I'd fucking kill myself. Pic is where I live

Because

>smacks tremendous thighs together and makes pig sounds

USA USA USA USA USA
cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck

*coke zero intensifies*

And shipping all the niggers back to Africa.

youtube.com/user/PhiladelphiaPolice/videos

That's basically what I'm picturing.

Name one reason that I should care about improving society as long as I can personally live in comfort and have everything I need.

poor people die off

only middle and high class

win

Go home Ms. Rand, you're drunk.

Typical redditor, resorts to condescension and memes as soon as it runs out of things to say.

>How the fuck does reinforcing social stratification improve society exactly?

It's keeping extreme crime rates out. People who improve their incomes often come and purchase a place in the suburbs due to the safety. It's the same reason you're not planning on moving to Haiti, most people aren't willing to martyr themselves like pic related

>society goes to hell
>no more comfort

>tfw that moment when literally every black person attacked this one guy

And to think I once thought shooting unarmed people was wrong.

Haiti isn't your home country. I personally would like to improve the country where I make my home.

Being a parasite doesn't really appeal to me.

How the fuck is being a productive member of society who has a job and pays taxes being a "parasite". The parasites are the ones we keep at arm's length.

>want not to get robbed while we contribute exhorbitant ammounts of taxes, expenditure and investment back to society

>we are the parasites

Perpetuating a broken system for personal gain is pretty parasitic in my mind. Particularly when you oppose things that would vastly improve the situation.

>Functioning public transit = getting robbed
What.

like getting robbed