Why wasn't nerve gas used as much in wwii as wwi?

Why wasn't nerve gas used as much in wwii as wwi?

Gentlemen's agreement.

because both sides were afraid that the opposite side had worse stuff in store

turns out the allies were right and the axis were wrong

Better gas masks or some shit

Uncle Adolf had some mustard gas burns in 1918,thus he banned germany for using it as inhumane.

gas masks dont do jack shit against mustard gas,it boils off your skin and kills you slowly that way if you are wearing only a gas mask

They realized that being crushed by a tank is a blessing in comparison to being nerve gassed.

The allies didn't want to use it, if the axis didn't use it, and the axis never began to use it.
Both sides had produced some amounts of chemical weapons, but the allies were capable of producing more, and also it is thought that Hitler withheld the use of it due to personal experiences with it during WW1.

he went blind temporarily from gas during the war

I can understand this when they were fighting the western allies because that was certainly more gentlemanly but the eastern front was practically a war of annihilation.

Why didn't the soviets use gas in Stalingrad or Leningrad? Or Germany use Gas instead?

what i dont understand is the fucking red cross agreement, that you have to take care of injured enemy soldiers, just shoot them on sight

>and also it is thought that Hitler withheld the use of it due to personal experiences with it during WW1.

I don't get this though, they killed 25% of the Belarusian population, murdered entire villages. They were so utterly savage to the slavs that the idea that they draw the line at gas just seems odd to me. Yes we'll utterly destroy, we'll murder you in the millions because of lunatic racial theories but we will just do it with bombs or bullets because gas would be too much.

I get it not being used in Africa or the west but when reading about the hell of the eastern front I just can't understand why either the Soviets didn't use it to defend themselves or the Germans didn't use it to break the Soviet resistance.

Because poison gas makes fighting more difficult for both sides without even being very effective.

this
(and it was banned)

Good job being a bluepilled sheep who actually believes all that hogwash. Gas wasn't used because 1) it's fucking useless and 2) and any perceived advantages of using gas would have been counterweight ten times fold by the disadvantages.

It's funny how brits will go to absurd lengths to justify allying with communist to destroy and annihilate mainland europe.

because it's highly dependant on the weather, and you have a good "chance" to gas your own troops if the wind suddenly decides to blow the other way

and weather forecasting was pretty shit back then

They could have been dropping timed gas charges alongside normal explosives to kill those responding first to put out flames or save peoples lives.

>Judge: "Mr. Ohlendorf, why did divisions under your command partake in the mass extermination of Europe's Jewish population?"

>Ohlendorfr: "It vasn't banned"

there wasnt a stationary front like in WW1 where gas is very effective

Germany could not produce more than the allies and they knew id they used it the allies would

German supply chain still used horse and cart unlike the allies who all had trucks. Their supply lines would have been decimated

that didn't happen though

The japs used them extensively against other asians as they knew there would be no chemical retaliation. They never used them against westerners for fear of said retaliation.

The use of nerve gas on the Normandy beachhead would have seriously impeded the Allies and possibly caused the invasion to fail altogether. He submitted the question "Why was nerve gas not used in Normandy?" to be asked of Hermann Göring during his interrogation. Göring answered that the reason gas was not used had to do with horses. The Wehrmacht was dependent upon horse-drawn transport to move supplies to their combat units, and had never been able to devise a gas mask horses could tolerate

>only one major battle was decided by the use of gas
>Caporetto
>tfw
Was such a nice war with Austria, then Germans came to help them and they had the idea to use gas, the Italians are in the valley? Fill thevalley with gas so they must retreat
Thanks Germany

sad but true

Hitler was against it, mobile front made it less useful anyway.

Why don't you ask the Israelis where all the gas went during the war?

i dont really belive that, but it's pretty ironic if that was true.

The germans were running out of gas at this point