Everyone knows England is greedy and perfidious, Germany is vulgar and violent...

Everyone knows England is greedy and perfidious, Germany is vulgar and violent. What similar shortcoming would you say Napoleon's France suffered from?

I say none.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SZfKUQ6VUQI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Shortcoming

hon hon

Quixotic fantasies of dominating the continent through waging illegal, offensive wars against their neighbors; all while lacking a navy to challenge the true superpower of the day.

>offensive wars
Nice Anglo propaganda there

Success breeds jealously

>offensive wars
nice american education you got there m8

also, that's not on the same level as in the OP. I'm talking flaws in the spirit of the nation if you will

indeed
pic-related

>Actually defending Napoleon
He destroyed the revolution and made himself emperor. He was only exceeded in self-aggrandizing absurdity by his failure of a nephew.

fuck off anglo

>actually using napoleon III as an insult to Napoleon
`
Victor Hugo would kick your face m8

the Napoleonian wars were the apex of the second millenium, even though the brits were greater in the long run Napoleon was basically alexander the great reborn. You american may someday achieve similar greatness, but the brits sure couldn't

>He made himself the emperor
No, the people did, and there still was a parlement during the 1st Empire, and the ideals of the revolution stuck around to this day.

Napoleon didnt have enough Poles to win his war

>napoleon is an italian manlet

Napoléon III doesnt deserve all the hate he gets, he was a good leader, he understood the economical and industrial revolution that were happening at the time, and provided the reform necessary to benefit from them. He just didnt have the support of the parlement when he wanted to go to war with Prussia and acted hastily.

>mfw he had all of them

so what you're saying is...

wasnt enough you should ask for more

well unlike the selfish reasoning of germans, the french actually wanted to develop/civlize the countries they would conquer
napoleon only lasted 10 years tho. i mean he had a lot of consequences worldwide because of his invasions but his person worldwide didn't leave much of a mark besides that. except in france of course.
so i would say kinda pretentious and arrogant

>10 years
He was the Emperor for 10 years but he led France for 20.

>Didnt leave much of a mark
We would probably monarchies or similis monarchies if he hadnt been there.

>but the Brits sure couldn't
You're right. We were more like Augustus, in that the empire didn't dissolve within a lifetime.

exactly. There's actually a patriotic song from that time which deals with the way the French were so great but during so short a time span, and after that we were the world's number 2 for about a century

found it
youtube.com/watch?v=SZfKUQ6VUQI

sorry for the autistic sounding singer

>Te souviens-tu de ces jours trop rapides
>Où le Francais acquit tant de renom
>Te souviens-tu, que sur les pyramides
>Chacun de nous osa graver son nom

Most of my family wasn't even french at the time (am jewish), but that gives me the chills like nothing else

Wut??

the austrians or some stupid people unable to cut their king's neck would've restored monarchy in France. That was the origin of the Napoleonian wars, those austrian fuckers thought they could refute a nation's will because of marie antoinette or some aristocrat bitch

*probably all be monarchies

ca existe simili-quelque chose en anglais tu penses?

Monarchy-like government?

I understood that fine, no worries.

Now i understand, thank you
Yes probably but i honestly prefer the old monarchy years in portugal than the shitty republic and dictatorship
Nothing personal really, but napoleon ended up doing more harm than good in my country
I still admire him a bit though