Unanswered questions edition.

>Buyer's template:
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Prevo

Other urls found in this thread:

ergodox-ez.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I spray painted this palm rest.

Am I gonna get cancer from constant contact with skin?

maybe

Some of my collection, I also have a welfare96 with Gatistotles and DSA caps, might take a photo of it.

closest thing to this, but with RGB and not made by CoolerMaster? their customer service is ass.

Would prefer Corsair

Got a pic taken, welfare96 with gatistotles and dsa dolch caps

how do you guys arrow on 67?

closes thing to mechanical kb i can buy in my local shop is ozone strike battle

pros:
warranty

cons:
you tell me

basically i hesitate to order from chinks because lack of warranty (but i bet they have some good models) and wsad keybards are pricy as fuck

despite those gay keycaps ozone comest with i think its good keybard and if ill buy ill get keycamps from chinks

so tell me why not to buy ozone

i think its time to update the /mkg/ copy paste

function

anyone have experience with returns on Amazon? I want to try a race 3 and blue switches but im not committed enough and might not like it.

how do dsa caps feel compared to oem? I hate laptop keyboards so I'm cautious about getting flatter caps.

I specifically bought this design of mechanical keyboard because I thought it would be easy to clean and, for the most part, it is, but I don't understand how these stray cat hairs got stuck under the switches. I have to pluck them out individually. My vacuum doesn't have the suction to get them out. This irritates the SHIT out of me

Would 55g topre be too tiring to use at the office for 8 hours a day? It's a programming job so I dont type that much but my pinkies get tired easily.

Topre heaven!

Nope not for me anyway

Should've stained and sealed it. Now your wrists are going to discolor.

Isn't there a topre keyboard with variable weights? Heavy for most but lighter for pinky keys?

There is one with 45g for main keys and 30g for pinkies. I hear the 45g ones are barely tactile that's why Im looking at the 55g ones.

>200€, rather less
>Germany
>Probably browns, i never tried any switches before though so you tell me
>ISO and ANSI are both fine
>100% preferably, wouldn't mind tenkeyless though
>with Backlights, don't care which color

I'm using a Logitech g110 right now and I have gotten used to the multimedia keys, especially the volume wheel.
>pic related
Are there any decent mechanical keyboards with a similar volume wheel?

I know about the Logitech g610 but i don't really like the look of it and would rather have a keyboard of higher quality.

The corsairs have similar volume control stuff i think

Do all the slightly differnt qwerty layouts have specific names? i know my steelseries 6vg2 isnt standard because it has large space bar and small right shift. My keycaps are starting to look like shit thoguh because they put no effort into them so i want to replace them.

i'd rather buy a logitech mkb than a corsair one.
their marketing and design is cancerous and despite being in the upper price range they use abs keycaps.

by all means

Is this a meme?

I went from a 110 to a G810 and I love it. It's got the volume wheel and the media buttons. If you want some of the G keys that the 110 has then go for the G910, other than that go for the 810.

If you hate flat caps with a passion you won't enjoy them, I kind of liked the flat profiles in some Dell keyboards that we had at work and that's what convinced me to try out DSA, the circular top feel is amazing when typing imo.

is anne pro the best 60% wireless?
i want to get myself a prebuilt one, 60% and wireless. budget no more than $90

I unironically like the layout of the G910 (esp macro keys) but I can't get over the cringe-tier tacky design, what do I do?

I was going to get one but then I realized just how many issues people have with it, especially the bluetooth.

I have an old Model M, looking to buy another even though I know it'll outlast me. What was the site that sold cleaned up IBM keyboards, does anyone remember?

build your own keyboard

Go for a Corsair K95? It's pretty much the same thing only with a few more macro keys and a less shitty design.

what do you recommend? need one for mobility purpose

>that shitty toy DSO in the background

thoughts on vortex ikbc, are their keyboards any good?
I'm thinking about buying the g104, pic related
pbt keycaps, brown switches

There's also this thing, but I haven't gotten around to reading the user manual yet.

For Bluetooth I'm not sure because I never found a good solution, I think the keywalker 68 has good Bluetooth but the assdrop is over. Otherwise just buy a 60% and get a short coiled cord.

What is the best keyboard and why is it the novatouch?

You misspelled 4704 Model F

Is magicforce 68 a good alternative to a tada68 if im broke?

Yes.

t. Have both

Topre> Buckling Springs > Alps > Cherry

Prove me wrong

I've heard they feel really cheap, but the ergonomics are great. No experience with them myself though.

Cat hair has magical properties to get into places it should not. I fear to break open my Model M or even start using my Ergodox knowing I will find enough hair to knit gloves with the shit in a short time.

What makes the topre meme so powerful? What benefits does it have over buckling spring in feel?

t. Model M user for 8 years

Topre isn't a meme it just feels so good to type on. Before I got a topre board I had a model m and ever since I tried topre I can't stand the model m or any cherry switch.

Interesting. I'll have to find myself a way to sample a proper board, then. Those one-key "testers" don't cut it.

Buy one on amazon and just return it if you don't like it.

>frankensteining a numpad onto the left side of your keyboard
>not mirroring the numpad layout for comfy left-handed use
???

Where's your gun?

>needing customer service
>for a keyboard
that layout is uncommon, easiest to go with a coolermaster masterkeys pro m rgb

I never tried a topre switch, but I wonder how an improved and glorifies rubber dome can beat the sharpness and precision of the buckling spring.

Also, topre might be the best switch ever made, but it comes at an unjustifiable high cost: buckling spring give the best performance at ridiculously low prices.

Getting a good buckling spring keyboard like the Model F is just as expensive as topre sometimes even more. Even the new Model F's cost almost $400 which are much more expensive than any topre board.

I've never even heard of that. Is that a thing really?
>I just painted half my keycaps with spary paint

Oh also nice colors

posting my memeboard like I always like to do.

>keywalker 68
damn.. if any secondhand i'm willing to buy it..

Well I own more topres and more IBM's than you and I prefer buckling springs.

> annoying voice

It's not an opinion it is a fact

best keyboard ever

No such thing as a fact when it comes down to preference.

My new cable came in today. Just waiting on nautilus now and my board will be complete.

>Would prefer Corsair
I have 4 Corsair products, their CS is just alright. I haven't had an issue with my 3 RMAs. They make you pay the first RMA's shipping cost for each product.
Their keyboards are okay; I don't like the keycaps. I have the K65 RGB and the backlight/rgb isn't vibrant enough. They also visibly flicker when fading in/out of colors.

Maybe look into the Ducky shine line.

what wood oils you use to enchant the surround and echo absorption of your keyboard? i couldn't figure it out so i ended up using whale oils and a bit of a varnish mix to seal the table.

Finally replaced my $5 trash.
How often should I clean my keyboard?
There is no pet running around and I don't eat in my room.

Just whenever you feel comfortable.I blow mine out at least once a month with compressed air, but I don't take the keycaps off more than once every 5 or 6 months. If you're not a slob that should be fine.

Mechanical keyboards are memes and aren't even ergonomic. I been using the Microsoft Sculpt forever and it's just all around better: less actuation force, less key travel, slit design and angled.

ergodox-ez.com/

???

>Getting a good buckling spring keyboard like the Model F
Come on, other than build quality the difference between capacitive and membrane is so minimal it's negligible: on a purely mechanical standpoint the only difference in the mechanism is due to the difference in size of the rocker, meaning a bigger moment of inertia and bigger aerodynamic drag; the work needed to deform the membrane, is now electrostatic work created by the change of the geometry of the capacitor, and these two might be very different. Regardless, I believe (I won't do the math, but I'm quite sure about this) that the order of magnitude of those forces are way smaller than those of the spring tension, the weight of the finger, the impulse given by the finger, the speed at which everything happens and so on.

>keyboard stops working less than 1 year into lifespan
>need RMA
>run around loops for 2 months before getting sent another broken keyboard
>RMA second time, finally get working keyboard

never again. some of us aren't rich enough to just buy new shit when it breaks before a healthy lifespan.

RMAs were the issue, story above related, so that's good to hear. Corsair would be convenient because I work at Best Buy and i'd prefer to buy at my work, get the protection and then get a new one in 2 years for free. We also have some Logitech, but the K70 is what caught my eye. never replaced my current keycaps so that probably won't be something that interests me, but duly noted. Have heard of Ducky before, i'll take a look at some of theirs thanks

> meem keeb
> i since swapped kailh speed copper

coolermaster actually has pretty decent quality keyboards. it just shouldn't break. it's not like the old corsair keyboards which had a design fault so the leds died.

When I said I hadn't had issues with the RMA, I meant that it was speedy and I received my replacement/fixed product. The reason I have 3 RMAs to Corsair though, is because of my H100i v2 which continued breaking. I refused to put it on and just kept my NH-D14 on after the 3rd. You milage may vary with your product being replaced/fixed properly. Keyboards are probably easier than CLCs.
One thing to note here as well: I think Corsair products are absolutely overpriced. Value is to the holder, though. Good luck on finding your dream keyboard.

Already posted in the edc thread over at /k/ so why not

You carry a fullsize keyboard with you?

How hard is it to build your own keyboard? I was looking at And it seems like I have to "build" it myself, the PCB is included and I think all I have to do is solder on some switches and throw it in a case and put some key caps on it. Also what's a bent plate?

A bent plate is a single piece of bent metal that acts as both the plate and case, like this.

kek

Is there any difference between these G502? I know I have the second model, which just adds some RGB effect to the G logo, and that's all I think.

What's the best under 100 full sized keyboard

I am new to this

RedDragon K556 is a solid choice. 100%, trimmed down, and the switches are serviceable.

I'm the guy who posted mine ITT with the Shield next to it btw.

tada68

trust me, you don't actually want full size

I need numberpad for arma 3

Is there a version without RGB?

Haven't found one, lowkey wish I had. But you can set the lights to be not retarded (or even off iirc), and the solid backlight is handy for my current lighting.

Find a good IBM/Lexmark Model M (just remember to look for buckling spring ones; you can find out about any specific Model M by looking at the sticker in the back, and using the seven figures big number to trace all the specific of that particular keyboard by looking at Model M's page on wikipedia) in good conditions for less than $100 on ebay or craiglist, or even for a dollar on a recycling center, and clean it up: it's not hard, it just takes a 5.5mm hex nut driver (I got mine for four bucks on amazon) to open it up, and some time if you really want to be meticulous, but in the end will be as good as new. Seriously: best bang for your buck, best keyboard to be mass produced ever. Quality's amazing.

Alternatively, buy a Unicomp.

>lowkey
w-why are there gangsters in my neighborhood

Really nice keyboard user, what is the name and the keycaps?

The spectrum is completely the same except for one thing, I noticed with mine the scroll wheel in the spectrum model wobbles exceptionally more than with the normal g502, plus the g502 has a more sturdy build and no wobbling in its right and left clicks and the scroll wheel even in free scrolling mode.

The keyboard is an Anne pro and the keycaps are the default Anne pro white keys mixed with Cheap Miami keycaps, not OP just sharing what I know.

I also replaced the stupid rainbow LED's with white ones. Pic related.

What youll think

Confirmed Bluetooth doesn't work on PS4/10

Thinking of what keycaps to put on it.

Art/10, I can't even tell what the subject of the photo is

Got my first cherry mx blue keyboard 2 weeks ago
Typing have never felt so satisfying however I'm noticing some sluggish inputs in games like Dota2
Is there a switch that handles both?

I'm currently using a G510s. I want something similar (full keyboard, media keys, decent amount of macro keys) with blue switches.

Do I have many options?

clears or silents (clears being better browns and silents better reds)

what keyboard?

Stop telling people what they do or don't need you retard

you just want to troll newfags into falling for the fullsize meme