I've been out of the loop for a long while. What's the state of graphics card market and technology in late 2017?

I've been out of the loop for a long while. What's the state of graphics card market and technology in late 2017?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iOWamCtnwTc
youtube.com/watch?v=Mu0ew2F-SSA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Vega is a joke and Nvidia continues to jew with the recent release of the 1070ti.

So nothing's changed then?

Its worse now

all being bought by cryptominers for now.

buy the new cards in 2018

just wait

Nvidia still dominates, prices are looking better but still need time.

its shit

>still
?, in what time frame has nvidia dominated? its only really been like 2 years since the 980ti which decisively overtook the 290x and its many rebrands for the first time

Anything cool coming in the near future?

JUST WAITâ„¢

How much will the regular 1070 price drop when this hits?

>in what time frame has nvidia dominated?
I was thinking more of since the launch of Vega (but you are completely right), which beyond fanboys and miners, is a product nobody should buy over the competition.

Should I buy a 1080 ti now or wait for the next thing to come out? I want the best

What's wrong with vega? Is it another card that was hyped as the one who'd finally dethrone nvidia in the high end market but failed to do so?

>What's wrong with vega?
Launching the card unfinished was a bad idea you know.

The card is finished. The drivers are not.

GPU is nothing without software surronding it, this way I totally agree with Jensen.

nVidia abandoned the NEET market and is all in Enterprise.

Fab capacities are limited, so they are focusing on where the money is instead of selling muh gaymes cards.

Look at their stock and youll realize that they wont give a shit about gaming cards for at least next 5 years.

No I don't know, I said I've been out of the loop. Last time I was in the market for a new gpu was like two years ago and I stopped looking for information after I bought the card

>What's wrong with vega?
it's hotter, consumes 30% more power, consistently performs slightly worse than what each is targeted to take down and cost $100 more.

Meme learning will crash and burn in a few years, nVidia is risking becoming next SGI.
Besides, GPUs are of very limited use in datecenter, the TAM is slim compared to consumer cards.
>Look at their stock and youll realize that they wont give a shit about gaming cards for at least next 5 years.
$NVDA is a bubble.
Everyone knows that.

>it's hotter, consumes 30% more power, consistently performs slightly worse than what each is targeted to take down
That's what you'd expect from higher clocked Fiji.

no it wont, that shit is just starting to grow. Even VFX is starting to emrace it, new AI plugins/rendering techniques added to 3D programs added everyday

youtube.com/watch?v=iOWamCtnwTc
youtube.com/watch?v=Mu0ew2F-SSA

>no it wont, that shit is just starting to grow.
Oh yes, totally.
ML/DL is the new hottest meme of the decade that will crush and burn like it supposed to.

Nvidia is still the only company in the big three that gives a shit about Linux users, so they are expanding at an alarming rate.

t. nocoiner

They never gave a shit about gaming cards.

1080Ti
also inflation

Over 60% of their revenue are the gaymen cards.

And?

They need to give a shit about gaming cards to not go bankrupt.

according to nVidias forecast, 30 billion in revenue from datacenter by 2020. They are all in.

>Nvidia
>gives a shit about Linux

AMD actually did the sensible thing, and started hiring up Mesa developers and telling their users to run the open stack instead of the closed one.
The quality of their drivers and the user experience is far better now than it ever was on my old Nvidia card.

If you run Linux, there is very little reason now not to go AMD.

Then went they sell the failed low binned crap of their computing chips as gaming cards?

GPUS are overpriced as fuck, and I just found out that evga's awesome rma/customer service that is posted all over the internet is bullshit.

It was finally good. AMD progressed from equal to superior, but then the Russian Ethereum mining bubble started and everything is shit again.