Trentino

What happens here

Is it true these guys hate the rest of Italy and wish to be part of Austria?

Bump for interest.

Yes, they are traitors

First world things unlike in southern Italy

bump for some

Why are the north italians whiter than the southerners?

Trentino is fine
is the Alto Adige/Südtirol a shithole fully loaded of shit people
>Is it true these guys hate the rest of Italy and wish to be part of Austria?
no they love consider themself Austrian but they also want to live in italy for the special statement their region have. they basically spit in the same dish from they eat. filthy animal

How come they want to be part of Austria if they don't even speak German nor share their culture with it

They do speak German you idiotic fuck.

I know a guy from there and he speaks German too, most of their signs are both in German and in Italian.

Kill yourself you heritagefag retard, you don't know anything about Italy so you better inform yourself before spouting bullshit you subhuman fuck.

Kys.

in Alto Adige people speak italian and german lunguage as well.
but they are already too "italianized" for live in Austria

You better learn English before speaking here, you're only embarrassing yourself you retarded fuckwit.

hey you pathetic moron, go easy with my friend Miguel Arante Duarte Paco Barbo da Lima or we kill you and we sell your little genitals to the black market

I am Italian American

You... you... you fucking PIECE OF SHIT?

How DARE you speak to me like that?

YOU FUCKWIT, you FUCKWIT, how dare you speak to me in that tone?

Don't ever TRY that again or ELSE...

okay, però adesso vai che mamma ha fatto pasta e pepperoni

People from South Tyrol all speak German with eachother - and outside, never seen them speak Italian at all.
Many internet providers and other government sites either have German as their main language or do not have Italian available at all.

Source: Friend(s) from there

They're actually Tyroleans, although I'm not sure if they speak German or not, perhaps as a second language. They're an Italian-speaking ethnic group with varying dialects, according to Wikipedia. They also seem to be genetically between Switzerland (predominant R1b) and Austria (J haplogroup, although considerably lacking R1a).

Há uma comunidade Austro-Tirolesa em Santa Catarina chamada Treze Tílias, e que também foi composta por imigrantes Trentinos. Eles também compõem grande porção dos "Italianos germanizados" em Santa Catarina, daí meu interesse.

WOAAH easyy, easyy

Vaffanculo stronzo

I did hear Trentino was "more italian"
Do kids there study German in school or is it just Bolzano? Speaking of Bolzano, I've read an interview where a woman said things there can be so bad some schools built walls to separate germans and Italians

But Trentinos are part of Italy, and according to Wikipedia they're Italian-speaking. If the Italian government sought to maintain sovereignty over that specific region within Trentino-Alto it would only make sense they speak Italian, not German. Would need more reliable sources though.

>Do kids there study German in school or is it just Bolzano?
i think it depend from the single city position, more is in the Austria nearby much probably they study german as first lunguage instead italian

But Trentinos are part of Italy, and according to Wikipedia they're Italian-speaking. If the Italian government sought to maintain sovereignty over that specific region within Trentino-Alto Adige it would only make sense they speak Italian, not German. Would need more reliable sources though. And as I mentioned above, I'm aware they're Tyroleans, regardless.

>no they love consider themself Austrian
"Austrian" specifically, or do they refer to themselves as "Tyrolean-Italians", or simply "Tyroleans"? 3 totally different meanings.

Yeah, they speak Italian in Trentino and German in South Tyrol. Italians merged them into one region so there would be no German majority region.

Plausible. The fact they speak German instead of Italian is proof enough.

Here's a typical south-tyrolean ladies and gentlemen.

tirolo is the region splitted between Austria and Italy. when i said the people live in Alto Adige/sudtirol love consider themself "austrian" i mean "they don't want recognize theyr region as italian region" due to hystorical reason, due to a traditional/cultural reason.

South Tyroleans are fine lads. Always had a wonderful time there and was treated very well. Would recommend 10/10.

in real life i agree, online they are super butthurt.

Same goes for the Slovenian community in Italy - they consider themselves Slovenes in Italy and not Slovene-speaking Italians.

yeah...Gorizia was a mistake

I can relate. I hope they're not separatists though. Once your 'ethnic group' starts promoting separatism all your relations with your "former nation" are shattered and you're automatically shunned by the rest of the country, massive amounts of butthurt/hatred and it's really a no-return thing. If that was to be the case between Northern Italy and Southern Italy their relations with each other would be as hostile as the one between Southern Brazil and Brazil, and trust me it sucks miserably being under the same banner with the group of people you hate, for both sides.

Thanks for the info.

Which makes sense, because they're not Italians, they're Tyroleans. But I personally didn't think they'd identify themselves as "Austrians" either, but rather simply as Tyroleans, which is a very specific term. I think the status of Tyroleans is quite similar to that of Rusyns, to a degree.

Where does Rovereto/Trento fit in.these cultural divergences? I'm supposedly going to move there in the next months, the region looks beautiful and all but all these infos can kinda scare, makes it feel like I'm moving in another country

> But I personally didn't think they'd identify themselves as "Austrians" either, but rather simply as Tyroleans, which is a very specific term
that's not entirely true.
Tyroleans is not this specific term. Trentini are as well "tyroleans" but they don't mind and they are well fully italian. The problem with Alto Adige/sud tirol (the region in the middle of Tirolo) is that the region passed under the control of Italy after the WW I. so many tyroleans austrian was forced to integrate themself with italians.

This is the situation

Mussolini tried to commit cultural genocide on South Tyroleans by shipping tons of terroni there and enforcing Italianization. The Germans are still the majority in south Tyrol (not Trentino which was always Italian speaking), but all larger towns have lots of Italians because of these measures.

Bozen here
Nobody speaks Italian
We are not Italian
The europaregion Tirol-Südtirol-Trentino is our "State"
We don't care about Italians or Austrians. The majority would prefer Austria over Italy, obviously, but we obtained a pretty decent autonomy anyway.

Think of us like a second Switzerland, formally half in Italy and half in Austria

No, only German. Some may speak Italian with tourist only, and only in Bozen.

>According to the 2011 census, 73.80% of the city's inhabitants spoke Italian

>Think of us like a second Switzerland, formally half in Italy and half in Austria
but swiss doesn't lose WWI
Swiss is not a mambo-jumbo "europaregion"

altoatesino butthurt, best butthurt

Styria > Tyrol desu

This is the truth. I go skiing there, am bilingual and speak fluent italian, and i have trouble communicating with them in italian cause they're all german.