Why do americans put the month before the day in the date

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601
youtube.com/watch?v=YU_XMcicrpM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because >american education

written as said

the 4th of July

Conjecture: Countries that put the month before the day don't celebrate Easter.

>because fuck you, that's why

that's a named date, ie, referring to something

Because Americans are fat and stupid. They usually get shot before their brains can fully develop.

Because Americans are stupid.

why do germans put refugees before their own people

Same reason they use imperial units and fahrenheits. They're special little snowflakes

It's just Americans being Americans.

>Canada

Because seasons are more important than random days

By the months you already know what's the season and the period of time, that's why they should be written first
By the day you would just get a random number and you wouldn't know what's the season we're talking about until you know which month we're talking about

I know it's weird but it kind of makes sense if you give it a try

Because it is in the correct order you idiot
1-12
1-31
0-inf

Anglo american
French
Chinese

>underrated

not him
You wouldn't say "The 5th of July", you'd say "July 5th"

Now there some of that legendary American logic, right there.

>why am I antisocial.jpg

but i would say "26th of march" or "18th of october" and those aren't significant dates in australia. i think americans are just lazy and don't feel like saying "of"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601

/thread

It should be:

Year - Month - Day - Hour

It makes sorting easier.

youtube.com/watch?v=YU_XMcicrpM

Ever since ISO allowed OOXML to be standardized I haven't given a single rat's ass what they have to say about anything.
It would have taken years to properly review all of OOXML's documentation — of which there are 6546 pages(and an additional 2293 were approved).

Google made the statement
>If ISO were to give OOXML with its 6546 pages the same level of review that other standards have seen, it would take 18 years (6576 days for 6546 pages) to achieve comparable levels of review to the existing ODF standard (871 days for 867 pages) which achieves the same purpose and is thus a good comparison.

Fuck ISO. They ruined all credibility they had with that.

They did have it back then when the standard was admitted, and I get that they're not perfect.

But you can't expect anything to be perfect. You've got to differentiate between politics and standards because they don't do it.

A standards committee that gets paid off to accept crap is worthless.

The same reason why they wear shoes inside.

It's because of how we speak. We don't usually say "ten august" or "third of september", we say "august tenth" or "september third". so that's the way we write it.

I don't really think that's the reason here, maybe there's something I just don't know.

But of course they're going to let the largest competitor to MS Office standardize their thing, it's a political thing.

And this doesn't change the fact that the world needs a unified standard to datetime manipulation and observation, cause, if we don't have it, we're all going to be royally fucked. And it's there. Why change it and make millions of people exert more effort just because someone doesn't like the date after the month?

Btw we say 01 (d) 01 (m) 2016 (Y)

btw, typo

reads as MS Office