American """""intellectuals""""""

>American """""intellectuals""""""

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rdsMlkisjcA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Swedish Cuck Sheds

The Americans are right though. Philosophy is useless

Also, Stephen Hawking, who's British, agrees.

Looks like bait.

bohr is on the wrong side

how can it be bait if it's real quotes

I understand when young uneducated people are contrarians but that's too much.

that's just america for you

i watched bill nye when i was 10 cause he did a science show for children

>defending frauds

Speaking to Google’s Zeitgeist Conference in Hertfordshire, the author of 'A Brief History of Time' said that fundamental questions about the nature of the universe could not be resolved without hard data such as that currently being derived from the Large Hadron Collider and space research. “Most of us don't worry about these questions most of the time. But almost all of us must sometimes wonder: Why are we here? Where do we come from? Traditionally, these are questions for philosophy, but philosophy is dead,” he said. “Philosophers have not kept up with modern developments in science. Particularly physics.”

>The men on the left all lived a century ago while the men on the right are still alive
>Nye and Tyson are mainly science educators and not scientists
>Dawkins is British

Richard Dawkins is British and the inventor of memes.

>science educators and not scientists
Lol.

He can come back when he has a Nobel prize

British, American
you're all the same to me

The Nobel Prize is a farce, and theoretical physicists nowadays have a hard time getting it because theoretical physics is much further advanced than experimental physics (how would you experimentally test theories about black holes? You can't.)

Face it, you're just a philosophy student trying to justify his utterly useless degree.

Philosophy is for literal autists--LITERAL fucking autism.
It should be defined as a diagnostic symptom of autism in the DSM 5.

Anyone who has taken any college level philosophy class can testify that the class was filled with people with mental disorders and autism.

>pic related, it is a philosopher

Tyson is a legit scientist. His bigger impact is talking about science though. He doesn't have that much published compared to other famous scientists.

>Swedecuck education

Actually I'm STEM

(You) tried

sure you are buddy

>Philosophy

bill nye did a show for children, he is not an intellectual, he doesn't even understand ideal gas law

Tyson:1
Philosophy:0

youtu.be/rdsMlkisjcA

science autists just don't get it

Why are France and Slovenia SO superior when it comes to philosophy and intellectualism?

So then, I hope you don't mind if we start calling you Denmark.

Why would I mind, Denmark is great

Really? I thought you guys hated each other.

>Swiss
>Hating anyone other than themselves

Nah we just friendly banter each other, it's a brotherly love thing.

>Very obvious Sweden flag
>Calls him Swiss
God dammit

I'm aware it's Swede, I was looking for a Swedish (You)

Americans are fairly non-ideological and prize action over contemplation. This can be annoying and causes a lack of depth sometime, but also has its advantages. If you look for it you can see it everywhere. For example, US literary fiction is 99% sterile garbage and our best novelists write science fiction. Compare Phillip K Dick to Thomas Pynchon to see what american culture can produce well and what it does very poorly.

Science is heavily based on philosophy. Is this how far the Dutch have fallen?

"Philosophy" isn't much without application. Study STEM, question shit, make the world a better place. Anything else is just masturbation.

>make the world a better place
Lol is this what STEM fags actually believe? you'll spend you life developing shitty planned obsolescence consumer goods, not solve the world mysteries

Being productive is too hip?

I admit. I did fall for that. But knowing that, I hope to to use my degree to destroy the world.

You ignoramuses have no idea how much what you do and think is based on philosophical assumptions

>>Sup Forums346826969

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Why is Nye placed on the side with anti-phliosophists? What he said is fairly philosophical.

Trying to talk about philosophy with stem-fags is meaningless.
A lot of them are so deep into their perspective fields that they won't try to appreciate or find a bigger picture.
A lot of philosophists are similar in a way.

t. STEM-fag

Is this a joke? Heisenberg was German, Einstein was a German Jew, Schrödinger was Austrian, Böhr was Danish, Dawkins is British...

Krauss, Nye and Degrasse tyson are Americans, better known as media personalities rather than for their work as scientists however... The same could be said of Dawkins...

Yup, "American intellectuals" alright, dead Europeans and guys who appear on tv...

I have a degree in engineering and philosophy, I appreciate both and it's idiotic to label something as useless because of it's value in the market.

The image is contrasting the traditional scientific scepticism (left) with the newer ethos that value can only be found in the quantifiable (right).

I agree with neil that philosophy is a really selfish pursuit, but then again it feels really good do mentally cultivate yourself and occasionally you can apply it too.

Philosophy surely is an important field with it's own merits, science itself is heavily based on some particular areas of philosophy. But even then, it's not really useful in it's entirety, a large part of it is just mental masturbation and silly thought exercises without any kind of applicability, and I think that's what people generally want to refer to when they criticize "philosophy".

The thing is: Dawkins, Nye and Tyson are not criticizing philosophy for it being redundant or useless, like most positivist to. Instead they are criticizing philosophy that tries to ponder questions that are not answerable by science. See: Nye says "the idea that reality is not real" mockingly, when in fact there is nothing he or any scientist can do to prove the fact that reality is real. The only person giving out any valid critique of philosophy is Krauss.

Also I'd like to point out that the people on the left are real scientist while there's only one kinda-sort-of notable scientist on the right, Tyson. Krauss is meh, Nye is a fucking mechanical engineer and Dawkins is a biologist(?). Dawkins is especially hilarious for criticizing philosophy since his atheist career is based on solely on philosophy.

t.double dees in comp sci and economics

You just proved that Jews are based

Left: scientists
Right: celebrities

This is perfectly subtle bait, lmao
thanks Josh

What's wrong with the bill nye quote

This.

keep posting these pls, i'm loving it

Why is Sweden so poorly educated?

The Anglo master race, particularly Canada and the UK, outshine Sweden tremendously. Even Swedens neighbours fare better

I knew people who worked in bookstores and it's not even a strange combination of books for them.

First of all, thank you for the great introduction: I'm very happy to be the speaker myself. I would like to say that the internet is an extremely powerful tool for DEMOCRACY. I mean, just think about Type 1 civilizations, which harvest the powers of the planet, and there's Type 2 civilizations, that harvest the powers of the star, and Type 3 civilizations, which harvest the powers of the galaxy. But what I wanted to talk about is String Theory - which by the way is the very field I work on - and that has everything to do with chips. In the future, there will be a chipping chip that chips chipped chips. And we will pay PENNIES for that. That's because Moore's law says that technology doubles every 6 months or so. Today, chips have the power of a roach. In some time, they will have the power of a mouse, then a cat or dog, and then of a chimp. That's becausen we physicists do things for free, and I take personal credit for every human invention in the world because I am a theorical physicist, as after all, when I was younger I asked my mom to build a particle collider in our basement, and she said "yeah right kid", and that's how I got into college and destroyed all the resistors we had in the garage. The other day I saw a kid and she started telling me "Professor, professor, you are WRONG!" and I just said, "yeah, shut up kid. That's a nice intersection, why don't you go play over there?". You also should definetely not worry about the dangers of the technologies in the future, because we will make chips to destroy chips too. Please check out my newest episode on the Sci-Fi channel, where I waste your time by repeating exactly everything I said so far.

I am a bit shocked that Portugal did better than them.

Black science man, and elementary school science man aren't even real or legitimate scientists here.

My brother has more scientific accomplishments than those faggots.

philosophy is a meme. something that only people who are too dumb for STEM study

Last one I have

>That's because Moore's law say
The logic is broke. The law just describes what happens.

Not going to respond to cherry picking bait.
He is an astrophysicists.

Dawkins is Kenyan.

People who never studied philosophy literally don't know how to think.

>France

This is real btw.

thanks man