Never used Apple product in my life. Couldn't afford it

Never used Apple product in my life. Couldn't afford it.

Now I finally have a lucrative business and I could afford it...

I need a laptop for purely business things, mostly using ssh to my machines and do such work etc.

Should I go for it, or is it better to just get a ChinkPad and install Lunix?

I used to have a Thinkpad. A year ago I bought a mbp. No regrets. Your experience may vary tho.

I think a MBP will suit better for your needs.

>a lucrative business
>I need a laptop for purely business things
Use a Librebooted laptop and install OpenBSD if you're concerned about security. The Mac will be good for media consumption and basic work related tasks but it will be just barely more secure than Windows at this point. I use OS X on a MacBook for work and I have a hackintosh X220 but I would never trust it with anything more than grocery lists and YouTube. I only trust my Librebooted T400 running OpenBSD with my personal research that I need to keep secure. For that I use only Libreboot hardware or hardware that doesn't have remote access "features" through the BIOS and/or a non-free coprocessor with networking or DMA capabilities. You could also look into ME Cleaner for newer Intel chipsets but it hasn't been tested on Macs and it' still not good enough for certain machines that you need to be able to trust from the BIOS to the userland.

That is a MBP.

gr8 b8 m8

Don't you see that massive port supply on the device. It's a MBP.

>fapping to hentai
>research
get a job

If all you need is ssh, then just get a cheap used laptop and run linux. No need to drop the money on a Mac without a specific need.

>three ports
>massive port supply
Lmao

>>fapping to hentai
>>research
I do security research and earn extra money from bug bounty programs. Stop projecting your shitty cartoons and lazy lifestyle onto everyone else, you fucking NEET.

>browsing hellhole full of NEET cucks
>fantasy of being a productive member of society
STAPH

>I am a NEET, therefore everyone else here must also be a NEET
I'm the Chad that face fucks your mom while I compile Gentoo.

Get a Mac for ease-of-use. Don't overthink it.

people will look down upon you for using poorfag equipment
it's all fun and games on Sup Forums, but in real life you need an Apple product

>thinking that people judge you based on your laptop
Are you 12 years old?

Get a wangblows convertible. Less gay, but still gay.

Dell XPS 13.

Depends.

Do you want people to think you suck cocks and take nigger dick up your ass? Then get a mac.

Otherwise, get anything else.

Even if you can afford it, you shouldn't. What you should do is go buy a cheap thinkpad and put a used ssd inside it. Libreboot it and install a non systemd distro on it. Remove the webcam and mic if your business is sensitive. That's the correct way.

Don't even bother with hi res screens, 1336 x 768 is perfectly adequate for 10bit anime. IPS is a meme.

OP here. Thoughts on this ASUS?

>Asus Pro B8430UA-FA0177E

>Intel Core i5-6200U (2,3 GHz), 8GB DDR4,

>256GB SSD, 35,6 cm (14'') FHD AG LED,

>Intel HD Graphics 520, HDMI, WLAN 802.11, WebCam, Bluetooth, USB 3.0, CardReader, Microsft Windows 7

>ssh to my machines and do such work etc.
You can just use putty or something can't you?
>Lunix
Really depends. If it is simple ssh stuff then you can just use Lunix.
>Should I go for it
As a person who uses a mac and a thinkpad. I like mac cause of their 16:10 resolutions. Mac is basically a stable "linux" distro (yes I know it is unix, I am just comparing it) with closed off features and more polished applications. However, most of those applications are not really free and the free ones come with some ad or some shit. If you plan on getting a Mac, get the mid 2015 version. It was the last good Macbook b4 they went anticonsumer and removed all the ports. I would also recommend buying bootcamp (Yes it is like 70 usd or someshit). It is basically a highly polished vm that lets you run windows and osx on one machine smoothly. It is literally black magic compared to virtualbox.

Thinkpads have 4:3 options, but they are only like old ass processors. I run with a t440p mainly and a T530 that have 1080p options. The i7 versions go for dirt cheap and literally did not spend over 400 usd for them while the mac 2015 was still like 1200. I could have bought 3 thinkpads with i7 quad core processors. Those i7 processors are still comparable and even better than some of the current gen kaby lake i7s out there. The only thing that laptop mobile processors have improved on are battery life and gpus. That is it. Running XFCE is smooth as fuck on it and there is alot of documentation on thinkpads on general for linux. They are beefy and tanks, but they are portable due to their portable batteries that protrude out of the laptop. I walk around time to time with my hand on that battery and typing at the same time... autistically. Overall keyboard and build quality is much better on a thinkpad and you will feel the difference. I fucking hate how macbook's keyboard feels.

>inb4 macfag
I have the option to buy both and did it to give an unbiased review.

i use macbook retina 12 inch. fuck fans. remote connections werk good. Even runs photoshop!

The only advice I can give you is to not take any advice from Sup Forums

/thread

Lunix only works on commodore 64s, I'm afraid.