Does money really brings happiness?

Does money really brings happiness?

an excessive amount of money is nothing more than dirtiness.
American teach me it.

Based dan

Not really.
After reaching middle class money other things are more important.

Not really, but I'd rather be crying in a Ferrari.

What is happiness?

It brings security and comfiness.

Though that faggot is insecure af and at all times tries to seriously overcompensate it.

Lmao fucking manlet can't buy himself a normal height with all his daddy's money.

Yes
t. current moneyhaver

Huehue, what is love?

you can solve your problems

It most certainly does

With enough money you can buy anything

Money is great man. Its just people who think that's the only thing that's great are kind of off in my experience.

Why is he as tall as the girls?

He should have some leg days.

Just look at him.

He looks so sad, he even forgot leg day!

Manlet obviously

this

Don't hurt me

approximately this.

Money are an absolute requirement for happiness, but they don't bring happiness on their own.

For example, most of the 4channers are middle class americans, but they're mentally ill, suicidal, dick-chopping, gore-fapping, women-hating, edgy-tryhard unhappy faggots.

He's still a manlet

Dan Bilzerian is a fraud who is probably very unhappy. He didn't do anything to earn his money, but inherited it from his rich dad instead. He dropped out of the army because he wasn't tough or disciplined enough. He pays bikini models to pose with him in Instagram pictures so that 15-year-old boys will think he's really cool. As soon as daddy's money runs out, he'll return to the irrelevancy from whence he came. Sad!

I feel like people who are truly content whit themselves don't need to spend so much time to prove themselves on social media.

AXAXAXAXAXAXAX
A Y Y
Y
Y

money can buy happiness but it can't prevent depression, if that makes any sense

t. rich NEET

money cant buy you a big cock

Look at dis dood!

People yearn what they don't have and take for granted what they alreafdy have, if you don't have money you will need it to be happy, if you do have it then other stuff like love, friendship or whatever you're lacking will start feeling more important.

No more

How do you feel looking at that image, knowing your ancestors slaughtered his?

Yes and no

For some people, wealth opens opportunities or allows for expensive hobbies that bring them joy. Especially people who wish to create things, like companies or invest in projects.

Other people get rich and have no hobbies, interests or free time and thus don't know what to spend it on. A lot of sports stars are like this, they get into the NFL and get their first millions, then basically buy expensive everything but don't have the intellect to appreciate it. They have closets full of expensive trainers they don't wear, expensive sports cars they only use to drive 60kmh to the training field or club, an expensive home theater they don't know how to install so they play games and movies through a composite cable

But you can't even see his legs from here, he's wearing shorts

no
t. lower class

He doesn't have any real interests or hobbies like we do on Sup Forums. So he only spends money on the most shallow and typical things he can think of, like hookers, yacht trips and booze. He got the money from his rich dad and doesn't have anything intellectual to spend it on because he's been in "dudebro" limbo his whole life

It is aactually measurable.

More money means increased safety and until a certain amount more money is directly linked to more happiness.

After that point though, its just numbers.

Having money doesn't guarantee happiness but not having it guarantees you will be a sad fuck

Only rich people can answer on that question.

what about happy poor people
they do exist you know

It would for me
Not because I love money, but because I'd have more free time to do the shit I love doing
Reading, sleeping, watching shit and playing video games

I come from a rich family at least but not rich myself, I live in my parents 1 million dollar home and they currently are at another million dollar home (we own 5 around the country including a beachfront Hawaiian luxury condo)

It's one of the only reasons I haven't killed myself is I feel guilty about all the stuff I own and feel like at least I should appreciate all the stuff they shower me with, I'm still extremely mentally ill

>So he only spends money on the most shallow and typical things he can think of, like hookers, yacht trips and booze. He got the money from his rich dad and doesn't have anything intellectual to spend it on because he's been in "dudebro" limbo his whole life

Well yeah he got lucky but what else is he suppose to do?

Are you telling me you wouldn't live exactly like Dan Bilzerian if you were given the opportunity to do so? Kind of sounds like sour grapes.

>Yeah look at this fucking faggot who spends his whole life enjoying himself, doing whatever he likes and having sex with attractive women... Meanwhile everyoen else is either a NEET or working for someone else their entire life until they perish into nothingness, remembering only 40+ years of hardwork on their deathbed!

kinda

No.
Family does.

if i came across 100 million dollars tomorrow i'd honestly just use it to buy some land and live innawoods

Why would you want to? That's boring as fuck

Yes if you're stupid

>Waaa, why are people different than me
>Why do people have different desires than me
Nigga you need to learn empathy

>He didn't do anything to earn his money, but inherited it from his rich dad instead

Earning money through hard work isn't a requirement to spend it and enjoy it.

>As soon as daddy's money runs out, he'll return to the irrelevancy from whence he came
IF that were to happen, wouldn't he still have lived a far better life than most people will in their entire lifetime?

I would;

Invest in architecture
Audiophile sound systems
Ultimate gaming PC
Fund sequels to many games that deserve them
Canadian residency and citizenship via starting small businesses in Ontario
Shade gardening
Make a Sup Forums mansion
Build a massive luxury cat shelter for stray cats

and more

But what would you do there "innawoods"?

Just sit in a cabin all day long and jack off? I try to understand things from all perspectives but I just don't see how someone would do that and enjoy it, seems to me like you'd probably get bored if you don't have any purpose or hobbies

>Ultimate gaming PC

He doesn't need to play videogames because his life is like a videogame, videogames are for manchildren

because ive decided that modern society is a complete crock of shit in which happiness is impossible
and id rather fish hunt and eat nuts all day than play the game of eternal catchup that is materialism

Because people are not all the same, nigga.
Its why some people get off from getting shit on, and other from touching feet.
The same way people can't understand how the guy in OP can enjoy life doing such shallow things.
Just because you don't understand something someone does, doesn't make it boring or wrong.
You're just not looking at it from the right angle.

Both of you seem close minded and unable to understand how different other people can be. Shame!

Standing on a yacht all day doesn't let you experience 64 player Battlefield action or online games with friends

Yes, I would spend most of my day offline, but I would also want to explore unrealistic gaming worlds a few hours a day too.

Besides, once you've busted a nut once or twice in your gf or hookers, you need a day to get back the full effect. Perfect time to relax with some gaming

But modern society is great, it's the best it's ever been. The economy is in the best shape it's ever been as well. Life is great m8, sounds to me like you've never had money before and you spend too much time on Sup Forums

Up to $74,000/yr yes. There have been many studies.

>and id rather fish hunt and eat nuts all day than play the game of eternal catchup that is materialism

Also you don't need $100 million to do that.

You can do it right now, sell all your shit, sell your computer and buy supplies to build a cabin and live a self-sufficient lifestyle in the woods. Look on /out/ for guides. But you probably won't, you just like to talk and think about it because "modern society" is very comfortable regardless of how much you "dislike" it

>sounds to me like you've never had money before
well i used to be middle class
but the thing is, why spend decades trying to catch up to materialism, when you dont know you succeed and you dont know itll give you happiness?
id rather live a simple life without the stress of modernity

i know i dont need 100 million bucks, but thats what id do with it
i dont have anything to do it with though

Would u rather be rich and 5'10 or poor and 6'2?

Well maybe videogames can be kind of fun, I spent a lot of time playing them before...

But I came to the conclusion I was just wasting my time, shit you do in a game is just there, still in a game and it doesn't get you any further. Whereas if you do things in real life like build meaningful connections with people, build a business, earn money, go to the gym to work on your body, et cetera you're actually getting somewhere over time and you build something that will last with you forever.

Why do people on Sup Forums keep memeing about height? It literally doesn't matter unless you're freakishly tall/short and look really weird

because the hacker known as FourChan is the most insecure person on the internet

>I was just wasting my time
Literally anything can be a waste if time
Making shit tons of money can be a waste of time
Waste of time is subjective and should not be a thing that dictates how you live your life

100% this

Of course.

>Waste of time is subjective and should not be a thing that dictates how you live your life

Kind of but if you spend 10 years playing videogames you're left with absolutely nothing in the end except some "fun" that you had, whereas if you do anything else with that time you're either building something or at the very least learning transferable skills.

So yes if you earn money for 10 years and then all of a sudden it somehow disappears, at least you have the skills and experiences to earn more money due to already having earned it before and knowing how to do whatever it was you're doing whether a skill, or managing your time or what have you

>except some "fun" that you had
What's wrong with filling your life with fun?
>if you do anything else with that time you're either building something or at the very least learning transferable skills.
What if I don't give a shit about that and just want to enjoy life and have fun?

This is true

I read the headline to an article once that said money can buy you happiness up until about $70,000 US. After that life is pretty much the same no matter how much money you have.

>What if I don't give a shit about that and just want to enjoy life and have fun?

Well that's fine but it's hard to just live a life of fun unless you have infinite money like Dan Bilzerian or something. But what you define as fun can also be different, earning money or working on your business can also be great fun to someone. But the difference it's delayed gratification instead of instant like doing drugs or playing a videogame would be

Not in itself.
To use an analogy, being handsome hot doesn't get you laid or jobs but it really really helps a lot.

1-depends if your country have social healthcare and other services
2-depends if you have expensive hobbies
3-can compensate your lack of physical and intellectual superiority (a dumb manlet)

>Well that's fine but it's hard to just live a life of fun unless you have infinite money like Dan Bilzerian or something.
Only if your idea of fun is doing shit like Dan Bilzerian or some other rich cunt does with his time and money.

>But what you define as fun can also be different, earning money or working on your business can also be great fun to someone
Exactly, because not everyone is the same and those people cane spend their time doing that.
>But the difference it's delayed gratification instead of instant like doing drugs or playing a videogame would be
Who cares if its delayed or not.

>1-depends if your country have social healthcare and other services

Social healthcare has long wait times and is pretty inefficient, especially in most countries. It's nice to be able to afford medical tourism if need be

money can buy you happiness.
it's just most rich people are tasteless and crass. they never had hardship. they never developed themselves as people. look how much great art came from poverty in the americas. the blues is all about hardship.

that manlet doesn't even make me jelly. I've had good times and I'm pretty poor

>Only if your idea of fun is doing shit like Dan Bilzerian or some other rich cunt does with his time and money.

What do you define as fun then?

Its subjective and changes from person to person
And if you really don't know what fun is or how to have it without money, you just might have no personality

>And if you really don't know what fun is or how to have it without money, you just might have no personality

I don't have a personality and I have no friends. Money is all I have.

But I'm asking what you consider fun so maybe I could get some new ideas for something I could try

Dan Bilzerian can fuck bitches and all that, that makes him happy
There are richer people that could do that but live humble lives because that's what makes them happy
Everybody's just fucking different

Go to see how third worlders living for example syrians and indians. You would feel better.

Money can make you comfortable but not directly happy.

It's what you do with it and how you spend it that makes you happy and if you're completely irresponsible and shallow in your interests then money won't do shit for you.

Hahahahaha lol

I can't really help you with that
You'll just have to try out new things
And I can't recommend you things I enjoy because the things I usually enjoy that don't have to do with video games or shit like that are intellectual shit that the majority of people find boring as fuck

Ah I see.

I've been depressed for a long time but the thing that made me happy was making money. I don't even care that much about spending money, I just like earning it and seeing it. It makes me feel good and I really like it, I don't even spend much money although sometimes I do buy nice things.

I've made a lot of friends but we just stopped talking because I stopped understanding them once I got to know them, it just felt like a waste of time and was boring to me.

/Thread

With money you can do whatever you want, without them you must work.

I know, but my point is new rich have no taste. they were uninvolved with the real people, all the art movements that were going on with the youth because they lived sheltered lives. nowdays you can see them actually get jealous, and they start dressing more "street" and wanting to be "cool"

Who are you even referring to?

Rich is at least $10mm+ networth and they certainly don't dress like
>more "street" and wanting to be "cool"

you see it all the time. rich kids trying to buy into subcultures that never belonged to them. you see them try to dress like staters and punks and other once edgy things. because their lives are so shallow

>rich kids trying to buy into subcultures that never belonged to them. you see them try to dress like staters and punks and other once edgy things

That's not really rich people though, that's like middle class - upper middle class hipsters

Yes, it obviously does.
Everybody who says otherwise is just pretending to be better human beings than they actually are

It makes things a hell of a lot easier

Probably to some.

Though my opinion is probably irrelevant as I'm a very boring person.

I only make about 2800€ a month and I'm perfectly content with my life. I eve live so cheaply that most of that goes into savings as I don't own a car, I don't care about travelling or any other big expenses.

I tend to think that if I somehow got massively rich I wouldn't change anything in my life except use all the money to fund the production of all the scifi movies/series I want to be made.

yes surly yes

The one flaw I can think of, which a lot of new money types have mentioned, is suddenly people around you want things from you. You get tons of beggars wanting a piece of your pie and many friends want you to give them things too. Your only real friends left are either other rich people, or true friends who look past your money

>Does money really brings happiness?

not really, but it makes your enemies classy

A class of its own