Why aren't you using Linux in 2017? The only barrier is games. So if you dont play games on your machine...

Why aren't you using Linux in 2017? The only barrier is games. So if you dont play games on your machine, Linux is great. You can make it act and look how YOU want, not Microsoft or Apple.

bumperuno~

Games and CG (buh-buh-but mah blender!)

i can play games fine, retard
the real question is why you think you can suggest linux to anyone while being unable to get windows only programs to run without wine

Or just run "sudo apt install steam" in xterm.

windows only programs are irrelevant

name some AAA games compatible with Linux natively.

If i get new gaming PC i plan to turn my old pc into linux multimedia machine connected to tv.

Why would you even want AAA games?

Jesus christ keep your cowadooties and niggerfields on xbox, linux doesn't need that cancer

OP is right, although the games barrier almost not a problem anymore

linux is missing some visual novels and AAA titles are important because uhhh if linux wants to become a viable gaming platform it needs them. thats what valve got wrong with steamOS. dont you guys get it? AAA games bring users. Vavle couldve paid AAA devs. I mean it should come to that bc game devs that are not indie never gave a shit about linux before

knowing Sup Forums this is going to be perceieved as a shitpost, but I actually want to discuss the viability of Linux in 2017 for the desktop user, and then we got into gaming

I would actually prefer the unwashed masses don't start using linux

Linux will be good with 10-20% marketshare - more than that and it'll be attacked on all sides by lawsuits, megacorps, cia/nsa, etc. etc.

The longer linux flies under the radar without being picked apart by opportunist douchebag billionaires the better

> All serious CAD programs are irrelevant
> All Circuit Simulators are irrelevant.

steam has like 10 million titles on linux. i don't like the font rendering personally.

But I am

>xterm
1997 called they want their terminal emulator back

>shit power management
Yeah, no thanks.

The biggest problem with linux in general is that unless you use some generic bullshit you'll probably run into driver problems and be fucked. I constantly see people run into headphones not working or ethernet not working and never see any of this for windows. I'm sure it happens but at a far less rate not to mention windows has a larger install base for personal computers so should run into these problems more.

There are plenty of programs only available on windows that I want to use and I have virtualbox for the things that aren't available.

There isn't a single reason to use linux other than "it isn't windows" and for development. Even for development I've rarely run into problems.

Both of these are available in linux

>I constantly see people run into headphones not working

hmmm, yep, this looks like bullshit

>Why aren't you using Linux in 2017?
I am, but it's shit.
Still too many issues

>need to configure linux to use headphones
How will linuxfags ever recover?

Yeah you may be right, Linux would suck with more adoption it would just get cancerous like other things popular...
as you can tell im conflicted by this hah. i change my mind a lot with linux. i just wish it would work better certain things are too complicated. and while the users drawn to linux like that, linux distros could gain a lot from targeting the old man or woman dont know a lot about computers but want to be safe online, protect from malware ransomware etc

I don't want to put in the effort to find alternatives to what I use now, nor do I want to struggle to fix issues that come up because I'm not familiar with the OS.

World of warcraft 3.3.5 (20 fps on linux while not in raid and windows 40 fps while in raid is a diffrence)
Cuphead
ScpToolkit
League of Legends
Warframe

I'm on W10 for 2 weeks and still couldn't manage to get audio on the front jack. I basically gave up at this point. On linux it works flawlessly and by DEFAULT.

Ran Linux for years. Phones exist now and I like having cross-communication with my PC without having to rely on Google to handle it.

>works on my machine!

do you know what else doesn't work on linux? Low pass filtering for 5.1 speakers.

Windows has office which is practically the industry standard for business communications
Also Excel is unmatched in terms of functionality and fearures
If you are a productive person and not some jobless poorfag neet, windows or macOS are the only solution (except IT related fields)

KDE Connect

>what is freecad
>what is qucs

because i already do that you retard. and hatsune miku is the matchbox 20 of waifus. the fucking flavorless ice cream of japanese cartoons.

Linux needs to improve and it will keep improving, but soon enough it'll be important to tell people to fuck off and not use linux

Microsoft will probably do most of the ground work on that end with shills.

works on my machine

I don't know what matchbox 20 is, or what flavorless ice cream is supposed to taste like.
Since ice cream is comprised of sugar, salt and cream, you would assume the default flavor is close to that of sweet butter.

So I don't know what point you were trying to make other than that you dislike hatsune miku for some reason.

Programs

more good pro programms likd toshop will attract more user than AAA games, because in every case windows will still have more games and will be a better choice for gamer

it only need photoshop and some top tier video editor

because hackintosh exists and I don't care about desktop ricing, and actually want to do work.

I have better things to do than waste my time customising my desktop

>using pulseaudio

>I'm on W10 for 2 weeks and still couldn't manage to get audio on the front jack
Plug it in on the motherboard.

>the only barrier is games

no, the only barrier is software availability in every field of software except the really technical stuff.

Vega support in kernel not done yet.

/thread

Tomb raider? Deus ex Mankind divided? CS GO? DotA 2? Civilization? Borderlands 2? XCOM? Total war games? Portal 2? Witcher 2? BioShock infinite? Metro?

These are just the ones on steam I could find at a glance, granted it is not much, but more then nothing.

It is plugged. It werks on seven or linux, just doesn't work on 10.

anime gaymes

I do use it. And you can play most good games in WINE or Steam now.

I use Android uNetBSD/Linux on my phone.

or gpu passthrough

Xfce or what else?

Blender is all you'll ever need.

>Hating anime on an anime discussion forum

Linux is fine the way it is. Desktop Linux is for hobbyists, and that's fine.

Don't go around telling everyone that they should use it and that It's SO much better.

then don't.

Windows is an OS built shittily, it just has the most software support.