DuckDuckGo.com

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/File:Windows7_debloat.png
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Windows_10
my.mixtape.moe/gfsgoe.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>C1E
>C6 state
Wich power saving mode affects performance the least?

Best GNUSocial/OStatus area/instance? Currently looking at Quitter (.is and .no, not that 140-word .se shit), Highland Arrow, Madrid, and Pleroma/Soykaf. Or is the vanilla GNU Social instance the most reliable/best one?
The 'Guhnoo guide' is a tad too vague in a couple areas, and Mastodon is a fucking meme.

Is this a bait image?

is this a bait post
are you actually retarded

I'm new to building PC's, and someone told me it was bait. Also let's not forget what thread we're in.

Can i get in trouble for trying to crack my own wifi password?

no
>color depth
>precision
>jack of all trades
>ferocious elegance
its a joke on marketing buzzwords.

Will 3600 memory overclock higher than 3200 memory? Like, if I go buy 32GB of Corsair Whateverthefuck 3600MHz RAM, is it more likely to get to 4000MHz than 32GB of Corsair Whateverthefuck 3200MHz RAM?

Should I install Lightspark/Pipelight or just the official Flash player?

How to debloat windows?
My friend bought a laptop wit 32GB of storage, part of which is taken by Windows. Is there any Sup Forums approved debloating program?

Windows 7 or 10 ?
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/File:Windows7_debloat.png

where can i buy a hard drive dock that looks like an actual toaster

i need one for reasons

format hdd and install gentoo, windows bloat is gone. :^)

Should I use AVX ratio offset or nah?

About to bite the bullet and buy 2 XG270HUA monitors next to my Korean Qnix for that triple monitor 100hz@1440p goodness. Is it a good monitor for that or am I being too silly?

Windows 10

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Windows_10

I would if it was mine computer

>TN panels for a triple monitor setup

It's for gaming, not high-end video/photo editing or color grading. Otherwise I would get an ultrawide panel, but I want that I M M E R S I O N .

Can a Wifi Local Network be affected if the Modem/Router gets disconnected from the internet? can you set it to be a switch also? it seems that all other devices that are wireless are unable to print on a network printer whenver internet connection is gone

Best usb sound card? Getting lots of noise coming through my mic

I need a new rss feed reader any suggestions?

I was using the feeder.co version but its only a trial version that has expired
twice ive used this same reader in the past and they have lost all of my feeds

does an arduino have enough juice to power about 8 relays simultaneously?

Oh alright. So certain rams aren't better for gayming?

Yes. Your modem is the property of your ISP

Is there a way to disable serial console logins without entirely disabling console output? My NetBSD install is fucked and won't accept input through the console, but it still shows diagnostic output which is pretty useful. I just don't want it to show the "login:" prompt after booting.

It feels like I just need to tell it to execute something else on startup but everything I've found revolves around systemd and doesn't seem very useful in this case.

Clocking it down will make it faster. But I don't know what I'm talking about. It's pretty complicated to the uninitiated. Something about CL16/14/and so on

It's actually more than a de-botnet article rather than a de-bloater one

depends on the relay. Electromechanical? Hell no. Solid state? Maybe, check the spec sheets.

I want to send commands to other PC running windows, how can i do it?

For example i want other PC to execute "git commit" but i don't want to login on that PC from Remote desktop and do that i just want to execute .bat/.bash script or type that manually but from my local PC.

I was googling but it looks like fucking horror on windows, meanwhile on linux you can do it in few steps.
Is there an easy way to do that?

That doesn't sound right. you sure your modem isn't faulty? Why is your internet connection gone?

Why don't you try troubleshooting your mic?
My onboard sound card is pretty shit and havn't been able to fix my mic, but i'm lazy

yeah it would be mechanical
I might add even more, so what's the safest route? just hookup some extra juice from the wall?

>Getting lots of noise coming through my mic
I had this issue and a piece of shit dollar one sorted the issue.

is it possible to post on Sup Forums entirely through python POST requests
is it possible to post in v1 captcha on top of that?

>what is SSH

Last night I tried to set up Debian and technically it installed fine but the max resolution is way too low. I looked for help online and followed a bunch of solutions like installing proprietary nvidia drivers and doing something with xorg and xrandr but those "solutions" only made the max resolution even lower and, apparently, removed the display settings entirely. Please tell me what the fuck I'm supposed to do here.

Well i have a bunch of desktop that only use wifi adaptor directly to my ISP modem/router and my main computer is connected to it on wire. So whenver the internet would restart a bit they are unable to do a file sharing or print throught network

I don't understand what your saying
>wifi dapter directly to your modem
you mean they're connected via wifi, which is always/typically direct? unless you've got like a signal extender.
>internet would restart a bit
why is your internet restarting? has it always been like they? thats not natural. You should always have a connection unless your isp or line is damaged.

what exactly is on the A+ cert test and where should I go to study for it

>has modem/router
>only 1 pc connected to it iva eithernet
>the rest wifi usb adapter
>everyone would complain they list wifi signal and could get through network sharing shit
>ethernet pc is fine

wat do?

>everyone would complain they list wifi signal and could get through network sharing shit
no offence but is english your 2nd language? I don't know what you mean
have you tried file sharing with the pc via ethernet?
As I asked before is this problem a new issue? it could be your modem that's faulty. You should call you ISP and ask them whats up. Cause your internet shouldn't be disconnecting in the first place aswell.

Faster rated can help a little.

>everyone complains that they lost wifi connection and couldnt get through network or perform any networking shit like printing and file sharing.

i only have one ethernet for now since the place isnt much set up for a proper small network office

I can't connect to my school's vpn using network-manager libreswan.
It says DNSSEC validation failed.
How do I fix and connect?

Have you tried turning it off and back on?

Does anyone here actually use HGST for gaymen? I see people keep recommending them but all their drives don't seem to be geared such a thing.

no

not neccessarily, mine isn't

Only if there are real differences, as in Speed or size.

The logo on the side and the amount of fancy plastic is irrelevant.

Trying to make an algorithm to convert Dec to Bin,
I need to use an array using a decreasing index to give the values in the right order,
but obviously I don't understand how to do that.

Help?

Reinstalled Windows fresh on a laptop with no lights for stuff like caps/num/scroll lock. What can I use as an on screen indicator for these? It used to show an indicator on the bottom left of the screen.

>not neccessarily, mine isn't
I was joking

My modular cable which had molex connectors on it got thrown out and my 3+4 pin slots are being used for watercooling my cpu. Is there any way I can get another fan?

the thing is, there is some cases where the modem is on lease from your ISP, it's just not always the case
that said, the wifi password is still something the user is meant to know, so there should be no harm in cracking it either way

How do I motivate myself to do something?
aka: How do I do something I am not motivated for?

I have to copy files from a hard drive that may have defective sectors, I know you can use Unstoppable Copy but I'd like to know if I can use robocopy instead to avoid installing the first. I also need to know if there was any problem reading the files, does anyone know if either Unstoppable Copy or robocopy have such a feature?

After staying off for an extended time, my monitor doesn't power up unless I plug it into a different outlet. Once I can turn it on there, I can carry it back and plug it to its regular outlet and everything is fine.

What kind of voodoo magic is this?

shut your computer down and force yourself to complete the task before turning it back on
if it's a task that needs to be done on your computer, turn off your internet modem until the task is done
if it requires both your computer and internet access, uninstall your browser
if it requires your computer, internet access, and a browser, god help you

Yeah. Your ISP can/will help you with that aswell so no biggie

in libreoffice calc, i have a column of numbers ranging from 1 to 2, i want lower values to be more red and higher values to be more green, but i will soon have to do this for hundreds of cells. how do i do this automatically?
pic related, i did it manually.

oh, and another question
in pic related, column F is calculated by dividing coumn B by column c. again, i'll soon have to do this hundreds of times. any way to do this automatically?

not the user you replied to, but that's how to stop procrastinating, not how to get motivated.
Even when i make procrastination impossible, i just stare at my work for minutes on end doing literally nothing

Gab.ai

format > conditional formatting > colour scale
then pic related

not using bad sectors is something is/should be handled by your OS, not the file copying software

I'm not sure as to how to word this for Google, since wording it exactly as follows doesn't come up with what I'm looking for.
>if I have 2 nvidia graphics cards can I tell OBS which to use for encoding?
So for example, if I had a GTX 970 and a GTX 780, I'm using the 780 for PhysX handling in >gaymes, but would also want to potentially use it as the dedicated encoding GPU in OBS.
Is this possible?
I know it'd be better to sell both and buy a better card, but I'm just curious, and don't have a second card to test with. Anyone mind helping out a tad?

>Error: Your image contains an embedded file.
every. single. time
my.mixtape.moe/gfsgoe.webm

I know, im not asking it to avoid writing to bad sectors, im looking for it to copy regardless of bad sectors and notify me about it, if possible with sector numbe-file pair. The source disk is what may be bad, the destination disk is fine.

I'm about to change my motherboard and CPU so I need to reinstall Wangblows. I have a few games which are modded to shit which wouldn't be easy to get them working again if I had to redownload them and chase down years old files. I assume if I make a new partition, move them there, format my C drive partition, reinstall Wangblows, reinstall the games, delete the games, then transfer my games over from the partition I made, they'd work fine? Is this the easiest way to go about this?

do you leave it plugged in while it's off?

Kek, thanks for the tips tough. But i am in the last situation.
I have the same. I can shuteverything off and still sit like a smuck. Then I can even procrastinate more by doing "healthy" things as a excuse: i go for a walk that will help me when I get back to really sit down and do it.

also, if a cell's contents or formatting /can/ be calculated from other values, you /should/ have it done automatically
not only does it save time when it needs to be done many times, but it also avoids human error
for example, the second to last value (643/382=~1.68) is incorrectly valued as 1.79 in your sheet

just have the games on the other partition. no need to transfer them over again

but I have autism and only like having one partiton

oh, it also helps avoid rounding error
like these values i've clamped to 2 decimal places, they're still holding the 'true' value, they just displaying the clamped value
this way, if you calculate something else using that cell, the calculation uses the true value, not the clamped one, yielding more accurate results

>helping out a tad
These keywords are useless:
if I have can I tell which to use for ?

Apparently if you uninstall all mobo related drivers, windows can boot off a different mobo. Seems kinda sketchy though.

Wut? Are you saying you want to temporarily move the files onto a second partition while you format you OS, because you don't own another disk you can store them on?

I do, but I have a 1TB SSD I use as my main drive, so it seems like it would be a billion times faster just keeping it on a single drive. The stuff I need to keep is maybe only around 120GB.

>I'm about to change my motherboard and CPU so I need to reinstall Wangblows.
1. run sysprep /generalize
2. replace hardware
3. ???
that's all you need to do, there's no need to reinstall windows

Hmmmmmmmmm really? This is news to me.

I'm moving from an Asscock Z77 with 3570K to an Asscock Z370 with 8700K, I just need to run a few commands in CMD before I switch over and I'm good to go?

>reinstall the games, delete the games, then transfer my games
Interesting idea. I don't think it'll work, but it is interesting.

what sysprep /generalize does is it removes hardware-specific information from your installation
you know how when installing windows, it goes like this;
1. copies files
2. reboots, then does some "first time" stuff
3. oobe (where you make your user and other cusomizations)

the "first time" stuff includes specialization, where it detects hardware and installs drivers, this is reversed by running generalization, so the next reboot re-does that "first time" stuff

keep in mind this doesn't affect anything else, your users, software, and settings will be left alone

I see, I never knew you could do this thanks, I'll read into it so I make sure I don't fuck anything up.

If it works. It's intended for new installs, not for shit that's been "lived in" for a while. I've had to do some wrangling to get it to work in the past. YMMV

yea, using sysprep is the (only) officially supported way of moving a windows install between different hardware
it's used by OEMs and businesses to put customized windows installations on many machines

My install is near three years old, maybe best to just reinstall then as it doesn't take me that long to install the stuff I need anyway.

That's really the best way to makes sure your shit is working as smooth/fast as possible.

Yes, shouldn't I?

Anyone?

A clean install is the best way, but I can sympathise with your position. I'm building a new rig soon and am unsure weather I should just do the clean install or just try to migrate, I think the clean install is the best though as you would get rid of unneeded shit that clogs up your current one and all that.

What is the best free ISO ripper by far besides Alcohol120

Dell U3014 with a few stuck pixels (right next to each other) for $500, good deal or pass?

ImgBurn

>tfw 30 gig obscure torrent finally trickled to 100% after 5 months

I've suddenly developed paranoia over the release of Shadow of War about Bitcoin miners. I only download games from Fitgirl who is trusted but I can't shake the feeling I have a miner installed somewhere. I've ran MalwareBytes and Eset Smart Security but both of them have come up clean. Would they necessarily find a miner or an I just imagining things?

They'd probably find it. You'd notice a miner running instantly, your PC would run slow as piss due to being at 100% CPU usage constantly.