What modern technology/software/service confuses you?

What modern technology/software/service confuses you?

Pic related for me

How does Twitter confuse you?

It confuses me as well. I can't understand how people are okay with being so restricted when it comes to expressing themselves. I fear the day those illiterate 140 characters restricted morons take over the world.

Brevity is the soul of wit.

How the fuck this shit become go to platform for artists? I get it pixiv suck but this is the worst possible alternative.

Sadly twitter isn't witty nor funny.

All social media, with the exception of Instagram. Some people also count IM services like Whatsapp and Telegram as social media services, but I do not. I understand how useful they are, and how important it can be for some people to be in contact with their friends and stuff. And like I said, I really like Instagram too, since Im a professional photographer. Sharing my own photos, and seeing other peoples works is lots of fun. I admit that I dont use it myself though, but I like the concept. I also know how infested it is with selfiefaggotry and attention whores, which do not encourage me to even try it out. If normen were a bit smarter, I would probably consider.
But.
When it comes to other social media services like Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Google Plus, etc. I really dont understand what their purpose even is.

Cliches show a lack thereof.

I just don't get how you're supposed to use it. I made an account today and everyone's feed is 90% reposting other people's stuff.

For example, I want to follow an artist because I like their art. So I would expect that their art appears in my feed. But no, they retweet all day and now I have a bunch of other random stuff showing up that I don't care about. I'm looking at this from that kind of perspective, so maybe it's just that twitter is garbage for following someone's art, but god damn, every artist is moving to it and it fucking sucks.

I'll add that, to me, it feels like a chat site where everyone in the chat is more concerned with becoming popular than actually chatting.

It's bad enough that I have to scroll through 2 dozen photos of someone's breakfast to get to their next drawing, but the UI is also absolute dog shit for saving/finding images as well. It's like using a mail list as your art gallery.

Thank god at least some of it is moved over to the boorus.

Instagram, Twitter.

i know what you mean. i'm sure you can disable retweets at least individually, if not globally. a part of this is to do with Twitter not filtering any content so you will see everything, in contrast to Facebook's method of "filtering posts unless it is deemed important by some algorithm, or the owner of the page pays to boost their visibility". you have conflicting ideologies here, and while Twitter's is way more permissive, people abuse it by filling their feeds with crap - perhaps using the character limit to justify the need to do so.

aphorisms

Virtue signaling

jaffa cakes

None of them confuse me. I don't know anything about some of them because I've never used them before.

As much as you guys hate Tumblr, it's the best for following artists exclusively for their art.

>professional photographer
t. Freshman with a dslr

140 characters are more than enough to tell the world you are outraged.

It's a conspiracy to get people to condense their thoughts.

>And use synonym thesauruses

>synonym thesauruses
I think that's just the normal kind of thesaurus.

I've made my living by taking pictures for the last 15 years. I have a little shop where I sell people photos for their passports and stuff like that. I also offer a service where I come over to weddings, funerals etc and take photos.
Its quite boring, most of the time, but on my free time I do more artistic photography.

Except it's not because western artists are trash and the japs use twitter.

>It's a 'weeaboo has a stupid opinion' episode

There are like 5 decent western artists in total

Dubsmash

Who uploads the clips, how do they find, edit and upload the clips to the app, and why do they choose such seemingly arbitrary quotes? Also I don't get how if it's a song, people can lip sync flawlessly with an audio track despite using many cuts.

>people can lip sync flawlessly with an audio track
some people really know the song they pick by heart and sync with it that good

MacBooks and motorbikes
still studying everything about the former
for the latter I didn't know you had to let go of the gas when switching gears

t. retard

fuck off ignorant imbecile
you should really dig more into the internet

Facebook/Twitter/Tumblr/Instagram.

98% of the content is reposting. The rest seems like an ego-boost for women with their head up their own ass.

Jesus that pic

What are the alternatives?

I prefer it over everything else. This over-sharing and social networking shit is ridiculous. Twitter is more about posting opinions, links or news.
No "friends", no posting and sharing every mundane activity in your life with an inflated sense of importance, no chain mails or fake news, no awkward social interactions and cringey commenting with a bunch of your family and peers.

snapchat
league of legends