How western is the culture in Latin American countries?

How western is the culture in Latin American countries?

I'm asking because I've met a good amount of Chileans and Colombians in Sweden and they generally behave like any other westerner except they seem to show a great amount of gratitude for Sweden. They got the work ethic, integrity, empathy etc that I never see in Muslims or Africans. This is especially true for the women.

We are pretty much just Spaniards with darker skin desu.

It depends, most of them are half native halve western

>This is what chicanos actually believe

>We are pretty much just Spaniards with darker skin desu.
no, chicano

CHI

Then why does Americans sperg out about wetbacks being in their country?

But the culture is still christian, secular and western? Not some voodoo native bullshit?

the fact that their countries are complete shitholes should tell you a lot

>But the culture is still christian, secular and western? Not some voodoo native bullshit?

Yes, but I'd rather have native voodoo stuff than protestantism(or "evangelicism" as they call it here), catholics are fine tho

>How western is the culture in Latin American countries?
they are not lad, don't lie yourself here in spain they are not considered like us , yes they are the best immigrants here but again they are not like us.

>christian, secular and western
Yes, although even leftists will talk about Jesus and stuff in their speeches.

>voodoo native bullshit
It's not Haïti m8.

there's a fair amount of voodoo native bullshit among older populations and especially among Mexicans, but younger generations like anywhere else are becoming a lot less superstitious.

Mexico is a shithole with good writers.

spics are subhumans

Se enojó el chileANO

mal post
rebuen post

>We are pretty much just Spaniards with darker skin desu.

no te creas pendejo, tienes mas tienes mas en comun con Bomberito Juarez que con Cortez

They're all literally useless except for Brazil

t. An unbiased observer

Brazil is a cultural blackhole.

absolutely westernized

This, Brazil is the best country in latin america

le cherrypicked by the media xDxDXxdxd

Literally the perfect woman

That's a stupid thing to say. Maybe you should think with your head next time amigo.

....OH WAIT, YOU CAN'T :DDDDDD

We have some of the best Latin American Writers the world has known.
Brazil has not.

Latin America is pretty much western in culture, it has many influences from the natives and african slaves (in some of them asians too), however that is not different from the same influences natives, africans and asians have in the US, Canada or other anglo nations (even more in case of some such as New Zealand, where an indigenous language is official) but the core of it's society, both in terms of political and cultural traits, is based primarily on what the portuguese, spaniards and french brought to them.
So much that many of the cultural characteristics that spanish and portuguese people have (attitudes towards life, work, religion and etc.) are also pretty common in all countries of Latin America, despite regional differences due to climate, geography, history and pre-columbian tribes, that mixed with spanish traditions and created something new. Portuguese and spaniards will deny this, saying that they're different, but anyone with more than 2 brain cells is able to see the similarities of cultures that brazilians have with Portugal and that argentinians have with Spain.

Remember also that the majority of latin americans do possess either spanish or portuguese descent, the majority might not be white, but mestizos (mixed natives and europeans) and mulattoes (mixed european and black) are a big part of the population of these countries. And also that the majority of Latin America did also received many immigrants from Europe and Asia during it's history.

This pattern of cultural colonization is very different from the pattern of colonization europeans did in Africa and Asia for example, where native languages and pre-colonial tribalism influence is still very strong.

>colombian women in sweden
Wew lad, they're totally not looking for a rich autistic man

fuck off back to mexico, stop polluting our country

Thanks for the (you)'s.

CHI

Pretty much everyone in latam is either catholic or atheist. Voodoo shit happens in indigenous communities and tribes and they're a minority in all countries, except perhaps in haiti

t. Ronaldo da Silva

Chilean here, sounds to me like you are Chilean trying to fish for compliments.

Depends on how indio you are.

They're more like eastern europeans instead of western.

Your priests do voodoo shit though, like blessing cars with holy water on some saint's day.

t. south american

why you do this¿?

yes they do, but I wouldn't consider that voodoo or pagan as they do it in the name of god (I'm not religious btw)

>How western is the culture in Latin American countries?
>latin american
If you knew what latin means you wouldn't be asking such dumb questions. You answered yourself

>Your priests do voodoo shit though
[citation needed]

I gave the example

>blessing holy's car
>saints day
>voodoo
wat, since when that's voodoo?

In Peru they do some parade every year that's just a Christianized version of when in the Inca empire they'd parade the body of the dead Sapa Inca around iirc. Or something like that.

thats not voodoo you dumbass. thats retard tier christianism.

theres a lot of santeria in cuba and venezuela, and lower quantities elsewhere. thats as much voodoo as youll get

I agree that's a pagan thing, but voodoo is literal black magic, and I don't think priests practice it

Most of Central and Mexico are pic related
Northern SA is shit
Chile, Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay, Bolivia, and Brazil(Minus Sao Paulo and Rio) are pretty fine.