Are pit bulls legal in your country or have they been banned? What kind of people in your country own pit bulls?

Are pit bulls legal in your country or have they been banned? What kind of people in your country own pit bulls?
Do you think they should be allowed?

Other urls found in this thread:

dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics-fatalities-2015.php
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatal_dog_attacks_in_the_United_States
twitter.com/AnonBabble

literally the nigger of dog breeds

Don't like them at all.

I have several friends who had them, I was never fully relaxed around these fucks.
Just their fucking faces are agressive, even if when they're chill

fuck that shit, i'm all for a genocide
also staffs

I like to think of them as the Muslims of the animal world. Sure, not all Muslims are bad, but you never know when one is going to snap and start killing people. No matter how nice they seem or how you raise them(or where in a Muslim's case) they can always snap with no warning.

Better not to ban them and not risk it.

They are actually really nice dogs, they are owned by two kinds of people here: actual thugs, and 20something white girls who are trying to seem "tough" and, I guess, avoid rape or something

There are much more dangerous breeds of dog out there but pit bulls get a reputation because of their owners

This.

Don't they commit like 90% of fatal dog attacks or something?

Is that a typo?

The context seems to imply you'd write "Better to ban them and not risk it" instead

>There are much more dangerous breeds of dog out there

Like what?

Pitbulls are banned, as are two dog breeds from Argentina and Brazil - not too sure of their names though
The law is a grey area however, especially regarding pit bulls- as staffs and American bulldogs are legal , and many breeders now crossbreed staffs with other dog breeds which results in dogs that look very similar to pitbulls( they are sometimes traded as irish staffies)

I have a staffie and and English terrier atm , both are extremely social and well tempered with animals and humans - although the breeds do attract their fair share of scummy owners

tfw no pit bull gf

>They are actually really nice dogs
That's wrong and you know it. They're violent and aggressive by nature, but sometimes they get lucky and get a good owner.

Pit Bulls make up 6% of the US dog population but 82% of fatalities caused by dogs. Those are literally nigger tier numbers

dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics-fatalities-2015.php

Yeah, that's what I meant, I drank too much to type stight right now. Ban them all rather rather than risk it.

And almost 90%, seeen.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatal_dog_attacks_in_the_United_States
>control F "pit bull"
>585 resuluts
Jesus Christ

Bulldogs, both American and Staffordshire breeds, and American Bulldogs, should be euthanized immediately and banned

You literally can not argue against this other than "muh feels, they good boys, they dindu nuffin, they're cute and friendly"

There is no such thing as a Staffordshire bulldog m8

Agreed 100%

these motherfuckers just want to feel hard by owning one of these.

American Pit Bull Terrier, Staffordshire Bull Terrier and American Bulldogs.

The world can do without those three breeds, but apparently niggers can't.

I walk doges at the Bristol RSPCA home and around 60-70% of them are Staffies (Staffordshire Bull Terriers) which are basically Pit Bull alternatives after they were banned.

People just don't know how to deal with a dog bred to be very aggressive.

Chows, for example
>Pit Bulls make up 6% of the US dog population but 82% of fatalities caused by dogs. Those are literally nigger tier numbers
That's because retards love pit bulls and will literally go out of their way to train them to be fucked up and violent. Then they get abandoned because their owners went to jail, or confiscated, and people who don't know anything about dogs in general, let alone these specific dogs, adopt them because they are cute, even though they should just be euthanized

They attract scummy owners who don't take care of them - but there are alot of good owners too - and they are no more aggressive than any other working terrier , they just require a stronger hand

Rotweilers are more stubborn , harder to train and potentially dangerous than staff's - but no one argues the case for banning them as the vast majority of owners understand the responsibility that comes with owning the breed- in contrast to alot of staffy/ pitbull owners

It's a cliche but it's true- the problem lies with the owners not the dogs

>and they are no more aggressive than any other working terrier
That's completely wrong and you know it. You sound like every other insecure pit owner right now, constantly having to justify owning a violent animal for fashion

No I stick by what I say mate

They are dogs which require a level of training which some owners may not know how to provide - but even with basic training they are good family dogs

The biggest problem I find with staff (and pitbulls I would imagine) is over agressio towards other dogs and animals as opposed to humans - but the same can be said for any other terrier

The definition of what a "pitbull" is is quite nebulous though, for these statistics. Shelters classify any dog with a blocky enough head as a "pitbull". It doesn't necessarily mean they are American Pitbull Terriers though.

A former roommate had two pitbulls. They were the sweetest dogs, bar none, that I have ever seen. I have had dogs since I was a little kid.

Used to breed dogs. Staffordshire Terriers are top tier. Pitbulls are fuck ugly mongrel nigger dogs.

If I had a dollar for every time a pit bull just "snapped" and attacked someone after "being a good boy, so nice and friendly, never acted aggressively ever" I'd be a rich man.

Does that happen with other breeds? Absolutely. Does it happen as often or as commonly as pits? Not even close. Rotts and bulldogs come in after, but pits are so far ahead of them it's not even funny.

One is an accident. Two is a trend and three is a problem. Pits are problem animals.

What kind of dogs did you breed, just curious? What kind of money did you make doing that?

What would you have done in this pitbull attack?

Setting their aggression aside, they sure as hell have the means to manifest their strength, tthose things are bloody pure muscle.

Mostly Staffordshire Terriers, we used to breed them as show dogs.
>What kind of money did you make doing that?
Most pups would be €800-€1200 but we've had quite a few champions on both bloodlines so the average was closer to €1500-€1600. Still have 3 of the dogs but they're getting old now.

>bulldogs

Okay mate , you don't have a notion

It's not my fault you are scared of dogs

Stomped it's fucking skull in! Or shot it, or stabbed it.

I might not always have a gun, but I've always got a knife.

This is my nightmare

I always get scared of large dogs when walking down the street

Post a few pics mate

Never realised staffs could be so expensive btw , I got mine off a friend but it only cost 200 euros

Our bull terrier was quite pricey though

Statistically the most dangerous dog is a bull dog, followed by rottweilers and bulldogs. That isn't memeing, it's fact

When I was ten, my uncle had a golden retriever who was sweet as fuck, always playing with me and my cousin, never agressive or anything.

We were on some family vacation together and went for a walk around the place and took the dog and a ball to kick around and stuff
had fun until we crossed the path of some punks with a pitt unleashed.
motherfucker went right for Nina and just grabbed her at the throat, he wouldn't let go, even his owner was kicking him but he was still hanging at her throat

took a good minute before it did, poor retriever was on her knees, bleeding like crazy.

thankfully she lived because of proximity of the firefighter station and especially one of them who knew his shit with animals

all this for nothing.

If they're so great then why do dog rescue homes consist of nearly entirely Staffies?

You wouldn't believe how much niggers are willing to spend to be fashionable. Just like super expensive Jordans, pittbulls are a fashion item to them

All of owners i meet are always edgy teens or pretends these dogs are friendly and totally not dangerous if raised good, i don't believe them, this race was created for dog fighting, so naturally with a dominant behavior and a very dangerous jaws, and not kidding most of people fascinated by this breed i seen are mostly edgy teens or sandniggers/niggers thinking they are cool and powerful with that.

>Are pit bulls legal in your country or have they been banned?
No? Why would they be banned?
>What kind of people in your country own pit bulls?
People who like the look of them.
>Do you think they should be allowed?
Yes, why not?

This shitty breed of dogs should be made extinct desu.

Pierre... here here *pats you on the back*

I don't like them but they're allowed, still if one was fucked up or something I would help it out

Bad rep.

I've had 3 staffs and they've all been placid as fuck. I wouldn't get a fully grown one though.

2nd pierre

When did frenchmen get so based? I expected you to say HE DINDU NUFFIN HE WUZ A GOOD DOG

If I see someone with a pit, even on a leash, no matter if they're white and look upstanding or something else, I take my dog and walk the other direction. I will never cross paths with a pit. If someone moves into the neighborhood with one, we'll move and find somewhere else. Our safety is more important than some subhuman with a pit.

>bulldogs
>followed by rotweillers
>then by bulldogs

Thanks for clearing that up

I think they're legal.

>What kind of people in your country own pit bulls?
Criminals and weirdos.

>Do you think they should be allowed?
No, dangerous animals should be banned in living areas.

What a bunch of cry babies, I own a pit bull, rescued the poor thing off the street and is as sweet and loving as any dog you could possibly wish for. Scaring wussies is an added bonus...

attacked by a pitbull once... saw the mouth coming, and went overhand hard into the top of its nose, kicked at its legs, ribs and neck until it couldn't keep trying to bite me... thing kept trying to attack me well after the point where it could have survived.

>still if one was fucked up or something I would help it out
I wouldn't. I would sit and watch and probably laugh.
You can call me edgy all you want, I don't care

Banned from import and existing dogs have to be spayed.

I had a Pitt when I was younger, she would have probably snuggled people to death though and was a very genial dog. Back then they didn't seem to eat kids or poodles so its entirely on the owner to train their animal- which is actually an easy thing to do but takes time and a bit of love for your pet.
Dogs are like people in some ways, they have personalities and their attitude to other people/dogs is entirely upbringing.

That's messed up.
Pitbulls are fighting dogs because they bite down and don't let go.

I had a West Highland White Terrier and some shithead teenagers Pitbull locked onto her neck, just stayed like that for 15 mins.

She lived but it was fucking harrowing.

You know what I meant. I'm drunk, remember

No dogs are banned and even if somebody owns a pitbull it'll be cuddly. Could even catch a wolf from the forest, nobody cares.

well i just tell my own experience, but in France there are some weirdness with the law:
a Pitbull here is an "American Staffordshire Terrier" without pedrigree and not sterilized, the breed "American Pitbull Terrier" is totally banned in the territory, but anyway these two breeds are the same shit no? because some people here pretends the Amstaff are more pacific and dindu nuffin.

Small dog masterrace here

Ugly dogs should be banned. Alsatian, I'm looking at you.

did he die?

I got attacked by a dog too.

They're legal, I have two

Oh gee, I've never heard this before. Surely there are no instances of a pit bull showing no previous signs of aggression suddenly lashing out and attacking something.
Hmm, you're right user, you changed my mind

Menopausal woman detected.

Pierre it's your duty to kill those evil dogs

I'm thinking about poisoning meat and throwing it into dogoark in strategic locations

Legal, though I think some localities have banned them. They're generally owned by "tough" people.

Personally I've got no problem banning them, when a single breed makes up the majority of dog attacks there is a problem with the breed.

>Small dog masterrace here

cute

I feel you.
God I was so shocked when it happened.
Definitely not a breed that I want around me

That's actually genius, and I'll probably start doing that to anyone i know with a pit who leaves it outside.
I'll poison some hamburger meat or something and toss it in the yard for it to eat.

Any idea what kind of poison is best to kill a dog that size?

>Never realised staffs could be so expensive btw , I got mine off a friend but it only cost 200 euros
Depends on who you're buying them from and for what t b h

Because old cunts think they look dangerous. Same reason they ban guns in the US that had a black finish but the exact same ones with a wood finish are considered less dangerous.

He died. The owners tried to press charges against me, but I basically got off on there being no reason for me to attack an unleashed, unmuzzled pittie so far from its home without provocation.

the problem is that they are made for fighting on the first place and are still a fighting breed, because some retards still practice dog fightings for money, so that not change the utility of the breed.

because according to dogs books and dogs sites, this is a breed is for "guard" (like every breeds) but also for "company", and it's very hard of using a dominant dog for company, also is jaws are very powerful but it's a manlet dog, for exemple a Rottweiler or a Doberman are more useful for guard than this.

The problem with this though , is that you can put it down to the dogs themselves but at the end of the day it's a problem with the ownership of these dogs

Let's hypothetically say a uniform ban was put in place and enforced where pitbulls and other bull and terrier breeds are banned- the shitty pit bull owners will simply choose another "tough" dog breed - whether that is an akita, dobermann, rotweiller , German Shepard ect , and as a result - these will be the dogs that begin attacking people

your dog is the english variety? Staffordshire bull terrier? because this thread is about the american variety.

Damn dude that's fucked how he tried to press charges, like wtf did he expect you to do?

How did you kill him though? I'd imagine it's very hard to kill a pit just by kicking and punching unless you had steel toe boots maybe. Did you have a lot of injuries from it?

Yeah but online , forums and word of mouth I rarely see them for that price - idk I'm not acusing you of lying I'm just genuinely surprised they can reach that price

I want to believe that but they all go mental around people and other dogs, damn near yank my arm off.

You turn up and they ask "Staffie or medium" because Staffies have their own category for experienced walkers.

>because this thread is about the american variety.

What's the difference?

>Any idea what kind of poison is best to kill a dog that size?

Not sure.

Instead of poison maybe try putting thumbtacks or razor blades in? Poison seems unrealistic because first of all where the fuck are you going to buy it, and second of all, how are you going to soak the meat in it to get it potent enough?

Thumbtacks or small razors i think are best, you can shove them in the hamburger meat really well to conceal them and if you swallow that you're like 100% gonna die, if not have to go to emergency room and be in serious condition.

Go forth my friend, we must rid the world of these foul beasts

Here they're pretty much just used for dogfighting or as a white trash/maori/islander security system.

And there's no point arguing with their defenders, since they'll always just insist that its the owners fault (because dogs literally bred to fight other dogs couldn't in any way have innate aggressive tendencies right)

All dogs except retrievers and German shepherds should be killed off.

The english variety is a lot more small and not responsible of so many attacks, it's always the american pitbull.

Let's see how they feel when mr pitbull owner's dog receives a little surprise in the form of a "homemade" burger :*)

Tfw have always wanted a shiba but now theyre a meme dog and I will be ridiculed if I get one.

>where are you gonna buy poison?
Can you not buy rat bait over there?

The problem is that the breed was also created to have an aggressive temperament. While it's possible to train the whelps of two docile Shepherds to be guard dogs, they will be less likely to have a naturally occurring tendency toward suspicion or aggression. It's possible to train the progeny of pitbulls to be docile, well behaved dogs (and a lot are throughout the 10-18 years they live), but there is that ingrained tendency toward aggression in the breed... the best pet pitties come from docile homes and lineage.

basically, it's nature and nurture.

Get one

Shiba-inu's are the cutest dogs available. You reminded me i want one too

Probably but how exactly will you use it?

Poison is kind of iffy, it may or may not work and it's hard to get a good concetration of it. Whereas a couple razors in some hamburger meat is gg

They are legal here. But I think they should be banned. They have been bred into retardation.

I did have my steels on... and it still took a while. If I'd have been coming home from a longer shift or hungover or sick or anything, I'd probably be maimed or worse.

He got my arm pretty good on that first bite, and got a tooth into me on one of the kicks. Took most of the leather off of my shoes.

I stopped backing away from him on the third bite (second missed one)... I realized it wasn't doing any good and that I'd need to hurt him to stop him.

>And there's no point arguing with their defenders, since they'll always just insist that its the owners fault
THIS just THIS

Dogs breeds have a specific behavior according to the works they practice, and this breed was literally created for fighting other dogs of the same kind.

also they were made with Old English Bulldog, a huge molosser breed used in "bull baiting" (fighting bulls or cows) and also some Terrier varieties (for killing rats in some game) so with so many violent ancestors, the final result is obviously an agressive breed.

You're also being economical in your dog-killing endeavors

A few razor blades are under 50 cents and some hamburger meat is also quite cheap!

Rat bait is super potent. I used to have a maine coon cat, which was fucking massive and the size of a medium dog.

She got baited by some cunt and only ate a tiny bit, but it fucks with their blood or something. She was vomiting blood, couldnt eat solids and I had to put her out of her misery.

I also hate pitbulls because early one morning one came up my front stairs and tore my other cat in half only a few weeks after my first one got baited. I kicked it down the stairs, got the air rifle and shot it in the arse as it ran off then I never saw it again.

So just grind up rat bait and mix in into some ground beef or something of you wanna get rid of a pitbull. Pitbulls should br genocided.

The thumbtacks and razor blades idea seems best, or better yes, add them to the hamburger meat with some rat poison added, just to be sure.

If we all pitch in, we can rid the world of this shit breed once and for all

Shepherd dogs in general are allowed to stay, and husky/malamute types

Yeah definetely.
It's in their genes.
Kind of like niggers and jihadists.

Yeah, like you're gonna do shit and this isn't just talk. Shut the fuck up jesus christ.

Of course I would. I have no problem killing pitpulls with poison or razors

If they won't get euthanized they need to be culled another way

sounds scary desu, not even sure what I'd do in such a situation

You're kind of fucked i think if you don't have steel toes like you did or some sort of long-range weapon. I wouldn't try to get in range to stab it with a knife

>Rat bait is super potent

Wasn't aware, I'll keep that in mind. I may have to check legality of that (Funnily enough near damn everything is illegal in Canada, pepperspray, knives for self-defense, etc)

>I used to have a maine coon cat

Aw man those are so cool, best cats ever, that really sucks

That is no way to solve the problem you sadistic cunt.

t. Butt blasted Chav pit owners

Your dogs are niggers, and by extension you are also niggers.

There is nothing wrong with helping society by killing a dog that will one day end up attacking or possibly killing another animal or person

My friend's family has a pit bull, she's very sweet and well-tempered because they raised her extremely well. A wide variety of people in the United States also own pit bulls. Pit bulls should not be banned but you should have to prove you aren't a complete fuck-up before you can own one.

If there's a pit bull in my neighborhood, and I kill it, then yes, the problem is solved.

I don't particularly care for pit bulls, but this is one of the lamest, gayest things I've ever read. You sound like a kid in elementary school.

We all agree that the English Bulldog is fucking sweet?

Same could be said for people.
Let's start the cull now.

Oh wait...