Install Antergos because I hear it's just Arch but with an ez installer

>install Antergos because I hear it's just Arch but with an ez installer
>want to update because of the new KDE update
>try to update with pacman -Syu but this fucking "antergos-kde-setup" package isn't updating, it's conflicting with some preinstalled theme packages like Numix and Adwaita
>can't find a fix
>fuck it, just do pacman -Syu --ignore antergos-kde-setup
>reboot my PC
>now whenever I boot into Antergos my dock breaks and when I try to alt-tab my X Server crashes
Fuck you Sup Forums why did you meme me into this

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Downgrading_packages#Using_the_pacman_cache.
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_Linux_Archive
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just use Ubuntu

>tfw even my greentext breaks

also here's what happens when I try to start my dock
HELP

[jimmy@antergos ~]$ latte-dock
KCrash: Attempting to start /usr/bin/latte-dock directly
KCrash: Application 'latte-dock' crashing...
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
pls help me

stop begin retarded and install arch the proper way

>

You memed yourself. Especially by performing a partial update. Just roll back.

Too late I've been using this for a couple months I'm not going to reinstall everything
How do I roll back?

Take a look at /var/log/pacman.log to see what you upgraded, it should be in the following format: [2017-10-12 15:21] [PACMAN] starting full system upgrade
[2017-10-12 15:22] [ALPM] transaction started
[2017-10-12 15:22] [ALPM] upgraded gparted (0.29.0-2 -> 0.30.0-2)
[2017-10-12 15:22] [ALPM] upgraded qutebrowser (0.11.0-2 -> 0.11.1-1)

Then install older versions by doing this wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Downgrading_packages#Using_the_pacman_cache. It might be enough to downgrade the conflicting packages. There might also be an automated way of doing this, but I don't know of one.

Thanks, so I will have to do this for every package..? Also do you think it would work to just remove the antergos-kde-setup package or no?

If you want to downgrade I'd go ahead and downgrade every package you updated during that last pacman -Syu. At least then the system will be consisent. You could use some command line magic to parse all the package names, but it probably won't be too much work to do it by hand either.

I don't know what the package contains (a metapackage for kde?), but if you don't want to to use KDE you could just remove it and try something different. Or wait for the package to update and then install the updated version.

Stop being a retareded poser and use Ubuntu. Arch is for fat weeaboos.

Ok thanks, guess I'll downgrade them one by one now.
If the updates weren't even the problem the whole time I'm going to be fuckin pissed

o shit the user-manager package says I upgraded from 5.10.5-1 to 5.11.0-1 but I only have the new one in my cache folder...
what do

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_Linux_Archive might work, haven't had to deal with stuff like that myself. That page also seems to detail a way of rolling back your entire system. Might work on Antergos too.

Weird that you don't have the earlier version in your cache folder.

Maybe you should have waited for Antergos to update it's packages. Honestly, if you're not comfortable with these kinds of things and don't want to deal with them, don't use Arch. Just use Fedora or something.

Holy shit it actually worked after hours of package downgrading, thanks so much bros
No by the Antergos thing I meant that there is an update for their antergos-kde-setup package, but it won't let me update it because it conflicts with other packages so I tried to just update without it, thus breaking my system.

>too retarded to install Arch

no bulli

Well... That IS the Arch experience though. Having stuff break when you update stuff. That is why people install arch in the first place.

He did it to himself

Manjaro is a safer Arch
it just intalls alot of useless shit

okay friend, let me help you. right now i guess your drive is already partitioned, and you already have a backup of everything important.

open a terminal and write
lsblk

to get how your drive is partitioned. you should have one partition for boot, another for the rest (usually is recommended to have your home in its own partition). write down the names of the partitions.

reboot your pc with a live arch iso cd or usb drive

enter ''wifi-menu" and connect to your wifi, or if you have a wired connection, confirm you have internet doing "ping -c 4 8.8.8.8"

format your boot partition, usually /dev/sda1 with
mkfs.ext2 /dev/sda1

format the rest with ext4.

then mount your drives onto the live arch you are running. you have to mount then in the correct order and then you can run the install scripts.

first you have to mount your system partition (usually /dev/sda2). you will mount it to the directory /mnt so:
mount /dev/sda2 /mnt

then you create the folder /boot on that partition, like
mkdir /mnt/boot

and mount the boot partition to that folder
mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/boot

if you have a home partition you do the same, and create the folder, then mount the partition to that folder.

that's it. then just run the installation guide:

pacstrap /mnt base base-devel

genfstab -U /mnt >> /mnt/etc/fstab

arch-chroot /mnt

ln -sf /usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Chicago /etc/localtime

hwclock --systohc

locale-gen

echo LANG=en_US.UTF-8 > /etc/locale.conf

echo niggers > /etc/hostname

mkinitcpio -p linux

passwd

then you install grub, os-prober. and then you grub-install

basically that's it

cont..

you need to install the other shit to make it usable, although you already have it installed with no de or anything.

a clean fairly light openbox install would need:
pacman -S expac yajl bash-completion git dialog wpa_supplicant iw

xorg-server xorg-xinit xf86-video-intel xf86-input-synaptics xterm ttf-liberation ttf-dejavu pulseaudio pulseaudio-alsa

lightdm lightdm-gtk-greeter openbox tint2 volumeicon feh compton gtk-engine-murrine mousepad ntfs-3g wget lxappearance obconf

thunar thunar-volman thunar-archive-plugin tumbler file-roller gnome-system-monitor unrar

screenfetch scrot

chromium

then you need to enable on systemd your display manager with
systemctl enable lightdm.service

it would be a good idea to create users to not use root, tho.

when you reboot, you can start ricing