I’m getting rid of my shitty iPhone 6 for a new phone. I’m done with Apple, they’re fucking shit...

I’m getting rid of my shitty iPhone 6 for a new phone. I’m done with Apple, they’re fucking shit. My service is Sprint so I’m asking what phone should I get? Should I get Samsung Galaxy Note8? Must be from Sprint store.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8kpD3XCp49o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Must be from sprint store
No it doesn't. Get a CAT S41 and enjoy your 5" 1080p display and 5Ah battery.

Note 8 is awesome but way too pricey atm. Get and s8 unless you really want the dual camera and s pen.

If you can afford it, the Note8 is the best phone on the market, but full price for it is a bit steep.

I preordered mine from bestbuy for $840. $100 off was good enough to entice me over the S8+. And I do enjoy using the Spen occasionally as well.

>Mediatek
Why does Sup Forums always recommend the shittiest phone?

Yeah I should get a Galaxy Note8

What the fuck is a CAT s41? I never heard of it and that sounds like it’s going to be a terrible phone

Caterpillar ruggedized phone. I own one and it's a solid phone, especially considering the pricetag. A bit bulky, but nigh-indestructible.

Just get an Essential P-1

+ and note are too big, a normal 8 is best

I literally don't understand how someone can think it's TOO BIG, my girlfriend uses a Note8 and she doesn't have particularly large hands.

Are you retarded?

>Notch on the screen
Into the trash it goes

She's probably used to handling large black things.

It's Orchid grey, so no.

Not as huge as the note 8, but my s8+ isn't too big and I'm a guy with below average hands.

>touchwizz
>girlfriend
>my
>"she's"
>implying

fuck of you retarded mongoloid

youtu.be/8kpD3XCp49o

>fuck iPhone 6
>buys a phone that’s arguably equally inferior and carrier locked
Ok op

In what way? It beat the iPhone 8 Plus.

The note 8 has touch disease too?

IT DOSNT HAVE AN APPLEL LOGO

The Note8 is nice. If I were buying a new phone now I'd probably get it. I had the Note 4, it's still here actually.

>touchwizz

I had a custom rom on it usually, but none had the extra functions on the pen, just simple ones.

see

Do it

>exynos
What battery life do you get? I used to have a snapoven nexus 5 and I could barely squeeze out 4 hours before having to recharge.

Exynos battery life is slightly longer, less than 30 minutes over the snapdragon if I remember correctly.

Does that apply to all activities like calling/video/browsing?

Also do you know if the phonebuff speedtest between the iLag 8 Plus and Note 8, was the note 8 using a snapoven or sexynose?

Snapdragon for phonebuff. They're always a US model unless specified.

And yea the exynos is just optimized a bit better for power efficiency. It's slightly better for most things when it comes to power draw vs the snapdragon

cool, sexynose it is for me then

Do it OP. I was in same boat with a iPhone 6. Rolled my eyes at notched emoji machine. Went out and got a Note 8. It's awesome. You'll get lots of comments when you use Samsung pay at terminals without NFC.

Both are good so you'll be happy in either case

what even is the difference between the Galaxy Note 8 and the Galaxy S8+?

Screen size, angle of the curved edge screen, note8 has less rounded corners, 2GB more RAM, Spen, dual cameras.

>what even is the difference between the Galaxy Note 8 and the Galaxy S8+?

Phones are nearly identical. Note 8 is a tad bit longer and has the S-pen for note taking.

get a Pixel

Get a windows phone if you don't need apps. Theyre getting discontinued so cheap and super hip.

I just switched to Android after 10 years of iPhones after my 6 broke a month ago. Got a OnePlus 5, incredibly good decision. It doesn't run on Sprint, but you can get unlimited everything for $45 on T mobil. Also, if you sign on with one of your parents that is 55 or older, it is $60 for unlimited high speed everything for both of you. I do that with my mother, talked her into switching when I got my new phone.

Not trying to shill, I just love this damn phone. The big screen is so comfy for lying in bed all day shitposting

Go with what is cheaper unless you really need the s-pen. I was a former note fag and I was really under using the s-pen. I went with the S8+ this time around and honestly didn't miss it.

If you can find use for the note, go with the note. If not, save the money and go with the S8+.

Just go to swappa. They have note 8 for $730 on sprint

lol

first gen Pixel is goat and there's nothing you can do about it

what's wrong with the phone, user?
once you go back to Android, you will feel disappointment

>no msd slot
>no camera OIS
>low res screen
hahaha yeah m8, very goat indeed

>no msd slot
it's a phone not a PMP
it has the best software IS on the planet
>>low res screen
it has over 440 PPI you dense piece of shit

1.) A phone's main purpose is to be a PMP. But the biggest reason for for a msd slot is to save 4K video to.

2.)So? The best SOI is still complete fucking dogshit compared to real OIS.

3.) It looks blocky as shit in VR. I'm actually a little disappointed samshit didn't go with a 4K amoled screen desu senpai.

>A phone's main purpose is to be a PMP
stopped reading right there

Get the Pixel 2 XL instead. The Note 8 still lags

>Note 8 still lags
mines doesn't. I don't see how it can lag unless you're dumb and don't debloat your phone.

>consciously purchase a phone that requires debloating

t. grandpa

It's literally faster than the iPhone 8 Plus right out of the box. Please explain to us how it "still lags".

What's wrong with it? I'm on an SE and it's by far the best phone I've ever used. No complaints (besides the walled garden).

copy pasta inbound:

Let's run down the list

Android phones let you:
>have real encryption with no backdoors
>download over 100MB over mobile data
>install a third party app launcher and icons
>use it as a flash drive
>share any kind of file over wifi/bluetooth
>torrent via torrent clients in the playstore
>install apps outside the playstore
>modify a few system settings to increase performance and decrease battery drain
>manually control complex camera functions via third party apps
>natively browse files
>view better colors via amoled displays
>browse Sup Forums and natively open webms inside them via third party apps
>extract/browse archives
>add additional phone storage via a micro SD card
>replace the stock battery with a bigger one
>add widgets to your home screen
>access important functions by swiping down

ALL WITHOUT HAVING TO HACK YOUR PHONE

Half of these things made me sell my iPhone 6 plus and buy a V20. Are you saying that you want none of these amazing useful features and functions?

Because TouchWiz is garbage and lags the phone to shit. The fucking thing lags before the memory even fills up and needs rebooting daily. There's even an option for daily reboots, even Samsung knows how shit their phones are. Even my Nexus 5 is smoother.

Besides there's a note 8 data bug on sprint. Data would stop working and the battery drains to nothing. Only fix is to toggle airplane mode. It happens randomly as well.

It's been there for nearly 2 months now and Samsung still hasn't issued a fix. Not surprising and it's only a preview of what's NOT to come.

I have been using the Note8 since it launched and the only time it's turned off was to install the first OTA update that was sent out mid september.

Thats it. No massive slow downs, no horrible lag. All I did was disable bixby and use package disabler pro on like 5 or 6 more bloat apps.

Everything else is stock. This phone flies.

I guess but you're alternative is to buy an iLag 8 Plus.

youtu.be/8kpD3XCp49o

>It's been there for nearly 2 months now
The phone released on September 15th it's October 13th

Please tell me how a phone that has been officially out for less than a month has had an issue on sprint for "almost" 2 months?

install nova and disable animations in dev settings. that alone made my nexus 5 last 6 hours instead of 4

already done. Nova launcher is what i've been using since my LG G2. I get 7-8 hours of SoT.

All of the post is hilariously wrong, why are you surprised a single wrong claim?

HTC U11

I don't like iphones but if op doesn't mind them then they're actually good. Got a 8+ for my mom and the thing flies. If there's one good thing to say about Apple it's the smoothness.

Yeah the ios updates might work like shit on ancient devices but just don't install it.

I got my note 8 nearly a week before official street date and I ordered late. Some people got theirs weeks ahead of me.

Note 8. Sprint offers plenty of plans besides the ones on their site depending on how long you've been a customer, assuming you won't be buying outright. Can get it as cheap as 20 a month.

>I got my note 8 nearly a week before official street date and I ordered late. Some people got theirs weeks ahead of me.
even then, it's been out for 1 month and 1 week.

The earliest people got there's was the first week of september.
I had mine preordered within 30 minutes of them opening and I had mine the first week of September as well.

Still no way in hell it's been 2 months, no matter what math you're doing.

>smoothness
>constantly has to reload apps after you use them
An iPhone with 6GB of RAM would murder any android device out there. Too bad aplel went full retard and don't do that.

Doesn't matter. Ebay korean listings sold as early as Aug 20th. That was 50 day ago. On hand listings are a little later at 45 days. Two months is 60 days. I said almost 2 months.

A $1000 phone that drops its function as a phone randomly is unacceptable.

Let's pretend that you ARE right though, does 30 days vs "almost" 60 days make it more acceptable?

i still haven't even seen a source for the so called bug.

And if it exists solely for sprint you could be waiting on sprint's approval, not samsung

>sprint
kys

Corning made that new gorilla glass 5 softer so it breaks less but now it scratches easily.

Yeah when I saw the daily reboot option I knew Scamsung was a joke, the fucking windows of android

>putting sand in your pockets
What are you, 5?

>not having combat sand in your pockets