I still dont understand what a turk, turkic or turkish is besides the country of turkey

i still dont understand what a turk, turkic or turkish is besides the country of turkey

theres shit all over asia with the prefix 'turk'

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vgBftBzrfK0
youtube.com/watch?v=ODOZ2O4r-ek
youtube.com/watch?v=Y09uDKgrtaQ
youtube.com/watch?v=djqJt1k3NIM
youtube.com/watch?v=YHzt3XQ-bgw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The Turkic languages are a language family that share a bit of identity, much like Germanic. The Turkish language is just a specific language of it, much like German is just a single Germanic language, and Turkmen is another.

Yeah but, we are more closer than compared to germanic people

turks were an ethnolinguistic group that migrated eastward from roughly what is now northwestern china (the altai mountains) between about 800-1200

they spread their languages throughout central asia, parts of russia, and turkey, and a lot of them assimilated with mongolians too (they were both horse riding nomads)

most turkish turks don't actually have that much turkic genetics though

Understood, I just thought Turkish/Turkic to be kinda like German/Germanic to help OP understand some difference.

Does the government of Turkey provide support for Turkmen?

if you know a turkic dialect, you know most of turkic language %50-90, turkish culture same in turkey,kazakhstan and even china. germanic people not closer to each other as i see it

Do you mean in Syria?

I need to understand something
Most turk live near the mediterrean, where it used to be hellenic in the past
Do they identify more with turkish central asian culture or more with a meditterreanean culture?

It's like difference between Germany and Germanic people, or Slovakia and Slavs. In Russian it's easily distinguishable, Turkic peoples are called tyurks and population of Turkey is called Turks.

>Do they identify more with turkish central asian culture or more with a meditterreanean culture?

Both, mixed of central asia and meditterreanean culture.

How does that work? They seem very different kind of culture

Because of statue they are supposed to identify with nomads but in fact Turk and Greek cultures are similar except the religion.
Lolno, dude, you've never been to Middle Asia I guess.

Syria and Iraq, anywhere there isn't a formal Turkmen government.

i am born in Dasoguz, Turkmenistan.
lmao

WE WUZ NOMADS AND SHIEET in school and standard Mediterranean culture IRL. Well, there are few nomad Turks left in Easter Turkey but most of Turks are not.

>statue
Lol, t9 changed Ataturk to statue.
Meskhetin Turk?
Turkmens are more akin to Turkey maybe. Uzbeks or Kazakhs are very different from you (they lack massive Byzantium heritage and are heavily influenced by soviet culture).

Syria: Yes. Iraq: I don't know.

Turkic people identify with wherever they're living

Tatars are pretty much Russians, though kinda different
Yakuts are like hugely different
Tuvans I'm not sure but I think they don't have steppes and they never LIVED in the steppe either

Yeah some Northern Kazakh, not all of them. Uzbeks %100 same a Turkish Turk can understand Xorazm Uzbeks fully.

>provide
Not really.
No just Volunteer Turks, not goverment.

Tuvans are not Turkic.
>Yakuts are like hugely different
In theory yes but their tundra culture is very different from other Turks. Also they are mixing massively with Russians.
Uzbeks are heavily influenced by USSR, dude. Only Turkmens and Tajiks were poorly influenced, other middle Asians are in soviet cultural area I would say. But of course they have Turk ancestry. But they lack Mediterranean i.e. dominant part of your culture.

>Tuvans are not Turkic.
>Yakuts are like hugely different

dont need to separate, we are big turkic family.

This looks like a soviet culture to you ?
youtube.com/watch?v=ODOZ2O4r-ek

youtube.com/watch?v=Y09uDKgrtaQ
youtube.com/watch?v=djqJt1k3NIM
youtube.com/watch?v=YHzt3XQ-bgw

The Greek -ic suffix is the equivalent of English -ish. So how do other languages express the difference between Turkic and Turkish?

In Turkish it's just Turk.