For ps3, wiiU and 3DS emulators, should i get 8th gen 4cores or 6 cores or 6 cores with multithreading?

For ps3, wiiU and 3DS emulators, should i get 8th gen 4cores or 6 cores or 6 cores with multithreading?
Which will be faster for emulation?
Also do modern steam games utilize more than 4 cores effectively or its a gimmick? how much longer will 4cores will be futureproof FOR GAMING?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8_YQ0-rzM5I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That's not how it works, kiddo
also

no that's exactly how it works, kiddo.
cpu cores are technology after all ;)

bump
help a bro, gain a friend.

bump
bro needs help.

>bumps five minutes apart
You are a huge faggot. Anyway, most emulators will heavily favour single-core performance, even if the original system is highly threaded. So if you're looking purely at emulation, you'll barely ever use more than 2 cores.

For gaming in general, I believe there's not much benefit to more than 4 logical cores, so an i5 is very probably good enough. It's getting better over the years though, so maybe newer games actually do use more than 4 threads, I don't know.

guess i'll wait till 10nm intel next year for the 4core i3 then overclock it for emulators.

How about you just buy a used PS3 and a Wii you cheap fuck

If you believe cores are the key to emulation

ps3 emulator ?

coz its shit graphics and i cant get free game ISOs.
check mate.

RPCS3
support it on patreon you cheap faggots, it needs to grow faster.

Or just buy a fucking skylake i5. Its literally fine for BotW 90% of things. It's not the old days where running any "big" game in Dolphin at full FPS required like 5GHz or something. CPUs haven't been following moore's law but they have definitely improved, but also emulators have been optimised.

nah, 10nm is faster and more future proof.

Adding filters is worthless for games of that generation. Buy used PS3. Games are cheap as fuck now that PS4 is the mainstream.

nope, kiddo, i can play in 4K with AA while you eat peasant shit :)

Is PS3 emulation even a thing to where you can play more than 10 games?

you can play all games just in 20fps... for now

7700k @ 5GHz for cemu (Wii U). You'll need to delid and buy a decent cooling solution (pic related).

Get a 6-8core CPU with the highest IPC.

yeah i guess i'll ignore the tradition of 4 cores and go with 6 cores at 10nm next year coz this video proves it can use more than 4 cores youtube.com/watch?v=8_YQ0-rzM5I

If you'll only ever play emulators, sure. But most things out there are slowly but steadily moving towards increased parallelism whenever possible, so an i3 is really not the future-proof choice unless you are absolutely sure of it.