Microsoft used personal data of Windows 10 users without consent – Dutch Government

LOL and everyone here was desperate to shill me away from Windows 7. Sup Forums is a cesspit of pajeets and minecraft-playing Gen Z'ers.

rt.com/news/406621-microsoft-privacy-watchdog-report/
techcrunch.com/2017/10/13/microsofts-windows-10-breaches-privacy-law-says-dutch-dpa/
zdnet.com/article/microsofts-windows-10-breaches-data-protection-law-say-dutch-regulator/
techspot.com/news/71394-dutch-dpa-windows-10-breaches-privacy-laws.html
theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3019164/microsofts-intrusive-data-collection-in-windows-10-breaks-dutch-privacy-laws

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/manage-connections-from-windows-operating-system-components-to-microsoft-services
gist.github.com/xvitaly/eafa75ed2cb79b3bd4e9
popcon.debian.org/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cybersecurity_Information_Sharing_Act
zdnet.com/article/microsofts-windows-10-breaches-data-protection-law-say-dutch-regulator/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's not rocket science.
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/manage-connections-from-windows-operating-system-components-to-microsoft-services

Windows 10 *still* can't into DPI scaling in 2017 while Windows 7 could do it since 2009.

>without consent
>implying

It's all in the EULA, goy :^)

>He is still justifying having to opt-OUT of data collection

You had to log out and back in after changing the dpi to get proper scaling.
That's how it always worked. That screenshot could easily be made to show the opposite.

In the next update you will no longer need to log out.

And that's only for legacy applications like device manager.
Most applications are now dpi aware and will already scale on the fly even in mixed dpi multi monitor setups.

wincucks will defend this

Install gentoo you dumb normie

Surely nobody here was stupid enough to install this malware anyway, right?

If you're going to use windows at all, use 10. I mean, do you think 7 is that much safer? It's still proprietary, still made by MS. Using Windows already revokes your right to privacy. Use it for games and shit that needs Windows and doesn't play well with Wine. Everything else run on Linux.

>Sup Forums is a cesspit of pajeets and minecraft-playing Gen Z'ers.
I'm more concerned why the mods don't realise this as an advertisement.

Installing MS .Net libraries on Linux signs you up for telemetry...
ON A FUCKING GNU/LINUX!

7 was released before microsoft adopted the google model of selling their user's information instead of products

7 is faster, more stable and less bloated. 10, for me (even the LTSB 2016 version) has constant BSoDs.

Not entirely, and I suspect updates have been ported to Windows 7 from 10, but a fresh install of 7 with no updates should be relatively clear of telemetry.

You know what else is clear from telemetry?
Debian :^

Linux isn't always an option, though.

So does Google whenever you use ANY of their services. But that's okay, apparently?

Then you should think about changing your job.

Nobody who knows anything about computers uses Google though

>Dutch

Those Eurofags are fucking autistic fucks when it comes to privacy to the point where it infringes on other basic rights. I can't fucking take a picture in public in most Euroshit countries becaues of their privacy laws. Anyone cna do horrific things and demand Google scrub it from the Internet due to "right to be forgotten" laws. etc.

right, murrica is much better.
>JUST WATCH EVRYTHNG LULZ

Install GNU/Linux normalfag

2bh america does win on a lot of social fronts
the authoritarian abuse in europe in regards to speech laws are actually fucking ridiculous

I also welcome out Google/Facebook overlords.
t. Fellow American patriot

Windows 7 Master Race

Post pls bobs adn vagene madam i make you very hapy w big big pneis

>outdated
>can't run linux binaries

I can't tell if this is a joke or not

>and everyone here was desperate to shill me away from Windows 7.

If you have kept it updated then you are just as fucked,

This... Nobody who uses WIndows 10 can be against being spied on. The End user license agreement is pretty clear that Microsoft collect everything from passwords, credit card numbers, people you know, stuff you write and so on. They explicitly mention tons of different ways they plan to spy on you. It's not a secret and has never been a secret.

the only people willing to apply for modship are feminazis and shidbag ledditor/tumblrinas whom want to watch Sup Forums burn.

>Everything else run on Linux.
as if that's somehow safe from data collection/backdoors?

>If you have kept it updated then you are just as fucked,

gist.github.com/xvitaly/eafa75ed2cb79b3bd4e9

Angry

>you think you're safe because you run a different version of windows
kek'd

only retards uses windows even for gaming.

fpbp
popcon.debian.org/ :^)

>we're all dead
>we just don't know it yet

The EULA cannot override the law in European countries. Most user agreements are largely void in the EU and cannot be legally enforced.

No, "legacy" parts simply don't scale properly in 10. Unless they changed it very recently.
I don't know how they managed to fuck it up, because they do scale properly in 7.

Honestly, this is like watching people standing in the rain wondering why they're getting wet. I can't get upset about every single drop that lands on them anymore, because they're not going to go inside no matter what I tell them.

it scales worse in 7 though
maybe they changed it during one of the major updates

>device manager is a legacy application
So are all useful application legacy now?

>it scales worse in 7 though
Get your eyes checked. The Device Manager example above clearly looks better in 7.

thats literally every country which isnt a worthless shithole.
>accepting itunes agreement means you'll never enter a war, fight for your country or pilot military UAVs
lol yeah, no.

EU doesn't get a fuck about EULAs.

>install linux
>can't play games

Shit OS

>collect information on users’ web surfing behavior so as to target them with personalized ads and recommendations.

So does google. Throw away your android phones.

>EULA

EULA does not override European law. Every single line in the EULA that does not comply with European law is nullified even if I explicitly said I agree with the whole EULA.

America is a 3rd world shithole when it comes to laws.

Sup Forums was right again

>Europe

You can't experience the full Windows 10 experience you eurotrash fucks. Microsoft looks at everything I do so whenever they make changes to Windows 10 it is perfect for Americans. And due to CISA ( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cybersecurity_Information_Sharing_Act ) Microsoft is allowed to sell all the information they collect from me without telling me so I might get surprised by excellent products that fit me perfectly while you commie fucks with your freetard OS will never experience REAL service.

>zdnet.com/article/microsofts-windows-10-breaches-data-protection-law-say-dutch-regulator/

It was her turn.