I just accepted a full time software engineer offer with pic related

I just accepted a full time software engineer offer with pic related
it pays incredibly well (making >$200K my first year out of college)

what am I in for?

ITT: things that never happened

What year is it?

theres literally nothing in my post that is hard to believe

the standard base salary for new grads is 110k per year then theres my signing bonus, performance bonus, and equity

fake news.

>San Francisco
>Half of it is taxed once you hit over $100k
>Pay $4k a month just to live there

Still worth it OP.

Be prepared to get ass raped and jewed for the rest of your professional career as a slave-grammer, that has no creative freedom whatsoever.

>literally the soft death.

you will walk out with more relative money than (almost) everywhere else working in the bay area assuming you don't go out to eat/get drinks all the time.

>pic is just a fb logo
>not timestamped proof
Really gets those neurons firing

>4k a month just to live there
Really that's it? It isn't even that much more expensive than the shit hole I live in.

I got an offer for their Seattle office, why would you assume I was in SF?

Washington also has no state income tax, so eat my dick

again, why is this hard to believe?

What do SEs even do in FB?
Make a better botnet?

add features to fb probably

b8. No way someone from Sup Forums will ever work on google or facebook. Moot is an exception I guess, not sure if he counts.

>The rest of your professional career
Average tenure at Facebook is like under 2 years

why not? gulag here..

Facebook isn't paying you equity bruh

why not? It really isn't that hard for a grad to get
what? They're paying me 150k worth of equity over 4 years

>a slave-grammer, that has no creative freedom whatsoever
sounds like my job
but
>ok pay (not great)
>easy work
>part-time hours
makes it bearable, especially the part-time

True Story!

why are you retards responding to this attention whore

DELETE BOTNET

We're co-retards

Probably making dumb apps wondering why you're getting paid so much to do it.

Take the money but realize you are working for a literal reptoid.

Perhaps throw little back to charity to people who are suffering in the world.

Save the rest for future family wellbeing.

My 2 cents.

lookup facebook salary is youre so incredulous

What to do with bait like this? Really it should just be saged and ignored, but people just can't leave it alone, like a bad itch. I guess the anger stems from once believing, in your adolescent naivety, that this was not only possible but probable. That blind optimism before reality took a fat shit on yojr hopes and dreams. Business is far more careful than to throw such a huge opportunity onto a fresh graduate with no real world experience, we all know it, but we remember that time before that was obvious, before we knew how harsh the real world was.

dude, the big 5 really do pay that much, often more.

t. google

> ok pay
> part-time hours
You need to go back to troll school son, I see what you were going for but you made it laughably obvious. You should have just initially said around 60-70k, but that the work was going to be easy, then dropped a hint later about your qt asian gf moving in with you when you relocate for the job. It's far more effective when realistic, you would have caused so much butthurt.
You have much to learn young badawan

What are the most noteworthy parts of your resume?

You'd have to be Pretty Special to get an offer like that.

i'm...not really sure what you're going for...but ok

>Business is far more careful than to throw such a huge opportunity onto a fresh graduate with no real world experience

lmao how fucking insecure are you all in this thread to have such a hard time believing that its a red flag if top software companies ARENT paying this much for new grads

try working for a real company and you'll understand. everybody gets paid equity.

all you fags need to lurk glassdoor and take a walk outside your NEET echochamber

congrats OP, you'll probably be doing routine bug fixing or working on internal tools. probably not worth all the prep you need to pass the interviews but companies just hoard talent these days just to keep talent out of competitors' hands

t. amazon

you don't have to be special for shit. 200k (including signing bonus) for the 1st year at FB is routine as shit.

Save money, you will be burnout in 2 years them change to New York Tech, some mananger or consultor position on outside corps, some freelancer with CV 2 years FB , will make a lot.

TL;DR 2 years on FB on your CV will lander job all your life.

again, why is it so hard to post proof?

But what's your resume like? Obviously not everyone who applies gets an interview, there has to be something uncommon about your resume that caught their interest.

why does he need to post proof? its not like OP is saying anything outlandish. offers like that are totally normal at fb. why dont you search around for fb offers and see for yourself.

clearly OP has overestimated the audience here at Sup Forums

>post casual question
>only butthurt fags answer

m8, this is the standard new grad offer at facebook

this year they are paying 110k base, 25k-75k signing, 150k equity over 4 years with a 1 year cliff and 10k relocation

I don't really know what else to tell you, this is standard as fuck shit

The very desirable new grad hires (exceptional people) are getting 75-100k signing bonus and 200-235k equity.

since OP said he is a new grad, generally the most common ways to get a first round interview at any of the top tech companies if you are coming straight out of college are:

1. attend a top 10 school majoring in CS, physics, or math with decent GPA, and/or:
2. have any previous internship with any other top tech company

that's basically it. first interviews are either a phone screen or on-campus interviews at career centers, so the bar is pretty low. once you start passing the interviews you just go through 2 or 3 rounds and you're in

I interned at a large tech company this past summer, one that Sup Forums often likes to complain about.

Before that, I had a few other internships and very good grades

what do you want exactly?

there's convincing proof I can offer without doxxing myself

lmao this thread about to trigger a shitton of NEETs when they realize you can make 200k straight out of college if:

1. you study, work hard, focus, and don't do stupid shit in high school so you can go to a good college
2. once in college, major in CS, physics, or math
3. study for programming interviews with standard online resources
4. get 200k job

simple as that. LOL

you forgot the most important one

>know someone at the company who can refer you internally

this almost always gets you an interview

yeah

i omitted that because OP is new grad so i thought it unlikely he/she would have had a referral

oh and 10% performance bonus, with a company multiplier, so your performance bonus can get 100-300% higher

*there's no

idk, but have fun

thnkas i guess

stop larping, faggot.

which team are you going to join? [spoiler] if its not in 16 you're literally shit-tier [/spoiler]
thats the low-end of return offers but I bet you knew that

Damn I got jewed by Google.

>tfw uneducated 25 year old white male
suicide looks so tempting

I wish I wasn't so fucking retarded for the first 15 years of my life and would've learned to compute. So jelly, brb rope and chair.

> FB employee
Off yourself, thanks.

>tfw white trash with low IQ and failed to get into college SIX TIMES.

I never interned at fb