Does the new world lifestyle(USA, Canada...

Does the new world lifestyle(USA, Canada, Australia) with pop culture and events that are tides to it recompense that those countries don't have proper historical places and buildings?

Don't new worlders feel a void? The lack of connection to the land they live on?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hudson's_Bay_(retailer)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Don't new worlders feel a void?

Of course they do. There are buildings and historical places which are venerated, but there are few places where a person can feel such a strong connection to the past as is possible in Europe. There are no 300 year old businesses in the US. There are no streets you can walk down and think about how famous countrymen and women walked down the same street 500 years ago.

The time scale gets shifted here. Things which happened only 50 years ago are venerated as if they are antiquity.

Finally an answer.

I was always curious about this, and about what fills the void or what can fill it.

Kind of bullshit this argument.

they dont have the condensed history and old beautiful buildings but they have these huge skyscraper and deers crossing over the road and actual space to breathe

would switch if I could
I like deers

No we don't feel a void because we aren't philosophical fruits who just fuck around all day

And you are retarded there are several 300 year old businesses like the Hudson Bay Company (which still exists and isn't irrelevant)

>Does the new world lifestyle(USA, Canada, Australia) with pop culture and events that are tides to it recompense that those countries don't have proper historical places and buildings?
No, and the "new world lifestyle" arguably doesn't give any "compensation" at all except for of course an extremely good quality of life.

>Don't new worlders feel a void? The lack of connection to the land they live on?
Yes

1 no that makes no sense because they don't miss the things they don't have
2 do you feel the void of not having gills?

in other words the lacking of connection to the land have to do with mass migration of the population in the post war economy
one person can have lived in many places and take that to the millions and you have a mobile population on the move

generational families do exist and they do have a deeper connection with their towns but this is the minority, you don't need to know about europe to have that

We have history, it's just 300 and 400 years old instead if 1,000+. Also some Indian and viking shit like L'Anse aux Meadows that's 1,000+ years old. It's exactly like being in Europe except things are only a few centuries old

You can likely count the number of true 300 year old businesses in the US on two hands.

I meant a history you're tied to due to nationality/blood.

You can't just go into one and visit the offices like you can in a cathedral or castle.

Not 300 years old, but sad, a shop called the Boston Shoe Store in my town just closed, it has been operated by the same family since 1865.

My maternal family has been here since the 1630s and my paternal side since the 1640s. I definitely feel a connection to the place going back centuries.

But you try to feel that void with "America fuck yeah" thing and dressing up in flags etc. ? It does look that way.

Also you should probably choose a different OP pic, because you use the same one with the same filename for every thread you start.

Oldest surviving building in my city is from 1860s. There's a lot more natural stuff and cheap land than in Europe.

I actual see the natural setting here to be just as unique as some old city in Europe. They're fairly identical in general.

>I meant a history you're tied to due to nationality/blood.

They way I see it I don't have one here in Canada. But if my family came from the UK, it would be similar because they're also multicult.

Never have dealt with deers.

>take huge shits
>eat all of your plants
>stand in middle of road and don't move
>environmentalists stop government from killing them
>occasionally you end up walking through some herd of 10 and they all stare at you
>carry ticks that can give you lyme disease

There's some areas here where the deer hunt is 365 days a year. I want to move there.

>But you try to feel that void with "America fuck yeah" thing and dressing up in flags etc
No, please stop pretending you know what you're talking about. Over-the-top patriotism is a hallmark of every country in the Americas and goes way back to when we all had our wars of independence. This is because for a very long time after independence, the fact that we weren't European property anymore and that we were sovereign states dominated the zeitgeist of the Americas. It has nothing to do with compensating for anything.

Not planning to be a dick or anything but Isn't most of Krakow also demolish to the ground after WW2 and wouldn't make that a newer city than most place in New world?

>no 300 old businesses

Canada has one!

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hudson's_Bay_(retailer)

And yeah we do have historical buildings or other cultural landmarks. Be it the Old Town of Quebec City, L'Anse aux Meadows in Newfoundland or more modern things like the St-Anne de Beaupré basilica, we still have an heritage left by our ancestors.

And to add to that, I never felt any void. I am extremely happy to live where I do and feel a lot of pride in my country. It is an amazing place to live and my city is one of the best in the world in many aspects.

I love it here.

btw if you want proof, look at Mexico. Very patriotic people compared to Europeans, but still lots of very old buildings going back 500 years to the Spanish or longer for the Mesoamerican civilizations that lived there.

I'm ok with it. I can post a castle next time though.

>Over-the-top patriotism is a hallmark of every country in the Americas
>goes way back to when we all had our wars of independence.
>we all had our wars of independence

Fuck are you on about?

You mean Warsaw. Kraków survived and the pic isn't any of them.

Except you, you're the cuck of the bunch.

Feels good, feels loyal

France's got a great history but we do not respect it either so...

>Very patriotic people

The more of a shithole a country is, the more it has to resort to nationalism for a sense of social coherency.

>Germany
OK, whatever you say.

Not really we mostly just go on with our lives. Normals don't care for all that historic stuff, it's seen as a relic of the past.

With the void thing I think there is, mostly in my state since most people were immigrants or had foreign born parents. So there isn't much of a "shared" connection.