Is russia as poor as the media portrays it to be

Is Russia as poor as what the media portrays it to be? I just have the impression that people live in average wooden village houses with shitty internet and have a farm somewhere cause supermarkets or markets aren't prevalent there. Not worse that Africa but still pretty bad. Also woman go to city areas for prostitution.
And healthcare there is literally non existant.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamalo-Nenets_Autonomous_Okrug
liveleak.com/view?i=fbf_1469466566
google.com/maps/@56.855739,35.9817411,3a,75y,116.26h,78.03t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sY8ph7OsLoBF92U9IteyP3w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
google.com/maps/place/Greensbriar, Detroit, MI/@42.4449574,-82.9976961,3a,75y,52h,90t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1s-TElGQHuZ5hR2VxAnHTG5A!2e0!6s//geo0.ggpht.com/cbk?panoid=-TElGQHuZ5hR2VxAnHTG5A&output=thumbnail&cb_client=search.TACTILE.gps&thumb=2&w=86&h=86&yaw=52.5&pitch=-7!7i13312!8i6656!4m5!3m4!1s0x8824d12d70a0bd39:0x38b48bd8a4e3c83e!8m2!3d42.4460401!4d-82.9945041!6m1!1e1
google.com/maps/place/Netherlands/@52.3912569,6.2894988,3a,75y,179.04h,90.37t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1s2OJ7eBqGxHSQ3-h4karigw!2e0!6s//geo2.ggpht.com/cbk?panoid=2OJ7eBqGxHSQ3-h4karigw&output=thumbnail&cb_client=maps_sv.tactile.gps&thumb=2&w=203&h=100&yaw=304.5&pitch=-3!7i13312!8i6656!4m5!3m4!1s0x47c609c3db87e4bb:0xb3a175ceffbd0a9f!8m2!3d52.132633!4d5.291266!6m1!1e1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Russian_people_by_net_worth?wprov=sfla1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

russian life is pretty good though if i had a beautiful russian wife

Not in the outskirts i believe

that is not what the media portrays
that's actually what you think the media is portraying

big difference

Russia is a shithole. Literally worse than Southern India and Sri Lanka.

It's a lot fucking worse in many cases.

t. been to Russia

>watch a travel show where a Dutch girl is traveling all across Europe and Asia
>be in Russia
>stop at some random village to go to a local supermarket to stockpile some food
>they only had potatoes and onions
phew

>supermarkets or markets aren't prevalent there
What? That shit is fucking everythere.

i saw some travel tv shows from russia it was not that worst i mean about countryside of russia

are you talking about north korea or china? i don't see russian life is worse than their life

>people live in average wooden village houses with shitty internet and have a farm somewhere cause supermarkets or markets aren't prevalent there.
Lmao? Most of Russians live in cities in commieblocks and buy food in supermarkets

Russia is so big cunt that it has literally india -tier shitholes, but also quite wealthy regions.

Check Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous Okrug for example:

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamalo-Nenets_Autonomous_Okrug

>I just have the impression that people live in average wooden village houses with shitty internet and have a farm somewhere cause supermarkets or markets aren't prevalent there.
I lived in a village for most of my life, and even we had a shop and internet.

are commieblocks still state-owned?

gooks have a pretty good chance with not only higher economic status but kpop/drama brainwashing

liveleak.com/view?i=fbf_1469466566

no, mostly private now

If you use google maps and explore a lot of countries you will find they look rather boring and similar to one another.

Just randomly dropped in a city in Russia:

google.com/maps/@56.855739,35.9817411,3a,75y,116.26h,78.03t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sY8ph7OsLoBF92U9IteyP3w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Looks no different than around here.

On russian streets cigbutts, sand, mud, broken glass everywhere. Sidewalks are all broken. Feels third world.

This is also true.

you can have enormous wealth and poverty side by side
it's strange

Nice house on the left.

Drop one here.

I can't do it myself because I know exactly where everything is.

>gooks have a pretty good chance with not only higher economic status but kpop/drama brainwashing
i don't think it would be good koreaboo girls are not trustworthy though they would leave me if they've found a better looking korean guy

Oh shi- Franksteins house

That's not third world. Third world is super shit tier without plumbing, electricity, or education in most places.

A city can be a crime filled decaying hulk and still be first world. See: Detroit.

google.com/maps/place/Greensbriar, Detroit, MI/@42.4449574,-82.9976961,3a,75y,52h,90t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1s-TElGQHuZ5hR2VxAnHTG5A!2e0!6s//geo0.ggpht.com/cbk?panoid=-TElGQHuZ5hR2VxAnHTG5A&output=thumbnail&cb_client=search.TACTILE.gps&thumb=2&w=86&h=86&yaw=52.5&pitch=-7!7i13312!8i6656!4m5!3m4!1s0x8824d12d70a0bd39:0x38b48bd8a4e3c83e!8m2!3d42.4460401!4d-82.9945041!6m1!1e1

>better looking korean guy
Don't worry, you all look the same.

Detroit looks better than 90% of Russia.

Randomly selected

google.com/maps/place/Netherlands/@52.3912569,6.2894988,3a,75y,179.04h,90.37t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1s2OJ7eBqGxHSQ3-h4karigw!2e0!6s//geo2.ggpht.com/cbk?panoid=2OJ7eBqGxHSQ3-h4karigw&output=thumbnail&cb_client=maps_sv.tactile.gps&thumb=2&w=203&h=100&yaw=304.5&pitch=-3!7i13312!8i6656!4m5!3m4!1s0x47c609c3db87e4bb:0xb3a175ceffbd0a9f!8m2!3d52.132633!4d5.291266!6m1!1e1

Looks nice, but the only thing that sticks out to me is the stream running through.

serious question, how victor tsoi's korean dad did marry a white russian woman? was the soviet society of that time advanced than it is now?

Detroit looks better than a lot of the US too. Get outside of the range of google maps and you get trailer parks full of people on welfare and meth and old run-down farm houses with yards full of rusted vehicles covered in chicken crap.

Well, that is a relatively ugly street you picked. But it is a very typical image of what half the country looks like.

>brick road (inside of villages)
>row houses for poor people who cant afford a proper garden
>very green grass due to rain
>some random watery stream

Again a thread from butthurt Poland.

I admit I'm not completely random. I avoid the big city centers and capitals because they have bigger differences. The poor people housing outside the city centers are all made along the same cheap lines whether it is the US or Netherlands.

All you need to know - that we are prepared to destroy this capitalist world in the fire of the third world and bring this planet into the stone age.

really makes me think

Because in Soviet Union nobody cared about skin color, we all were Soviets

>average wooden village houses with shitty internet and have a farm somewhere cause supermarkets or markets aren't prevalent there
True

If you're rich its as good as anywhere, if you're a poor pleb like most people then its shit.

>based soviet

And result is

Shut up poland

Yea fuck you Poland

If I went to visit a poor Russian village as part of a sight-seeing tour, would people hit me and take my stuff?

Bring a gun

Or buy a gun there, i bet some ruskies here would hook u up

Umm i dont think so.

Can I visit ur place when i come over Dmitri?

I don't know how to shoot a gun though, I would probably end up just hurting myself.

They are poorer.

Make them some gift and they will hug you.

Depends on what people you will meet, but I think most people will be neutral-positive

Unbiased as always, bestonia.

And curious what the hell do you dpoing in their shithole

Neah, they will offer you to join them for dinner, drink with them and then, probably, hit you if you say something they don't like.

You were dirt poor until your British conquerers arrived

Huh, turns out the average wage is over 500€/month.

Is that figure accurate?

Can you invite me for dinner? Reznov?

Ayyyyyy Partymaker

>And curious what the hell do you dpoing in their shithole
It's all well and good to stay in fancy hotels in Moscow, but sometimes it's good to see the real Russia too.

Sure, come here and I will.

Only for Moscow. In whole russia average wage is about 300-500 dollars.

It's actually worse than you think

>conquer
>repress
>occupy
>wonder why you are not liked here

No one care, actually.

>I don't like them therefore I don't have to be objective
And that's why we call you "the butthurt belt".

No, we have better quality of life in some cities (Moscow, St. Petersburg, Yekaterinburg), than you can find in all Eastern Europe, including capitals. For example, St. Petersburg is equal to Prague, Moscow to Munich.

It's at least 1000$ for moscow. So 500$ average for russia is pretty reliable.

I didn't wonder it, my slow friend. Just called your post bullshit.

>St. Petersburg is equal to Prague
Maybe
>Moscow to Munich.
Doubt

Is Siberia and the Russian wilderness accessible for a tourist?

I have always wanted to see the forests and lakes from Russia, but it feels like it is hard to reach the good spots if you don't live close.

Everything is accessible for money.

I obviously would go travel there on a budget. If I could pay my own helicopter, then I wouldn't even ask.

baikal and use the google, Pablo.

>St. Petersburg is equal to Prague, Moscow to Munich
kek

There're bretty wild areas in European part too. Try Karelia and Kola peninsula

Well, I just recently came from an expedition in rural areas, so i can suggest you some places...

+15

is simple. Railroad trawel for u. But u must learn speak russian.

Пpивeт Ивaн! Кaк дeлa?
Bladivostok,Xabarovsk, Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky
Which is worth visiting?

t. haven't been somewhere outside your room

>According to the report by the state statistics body Rosstat, the monthly income in January averaged only 21365 rubles (about USD $291) though only a month ago it was 45212 rubles ($614)

>it was 45212 rubles
lol what? it was never that high.

Inferiority complex Russians doing damage control. LOL
Fucking commie cunts.

Pro tip: currency course

That's why it changed in 1 month.

I know, it's just says abot 45k roubles, lel

>I just have the impression that people live in average wooden village houses with shitty internet and have a farm somewhere cause supermarkets or markets aren't prevalent there. Not worse that Africa but still pretty bad. Also woman go to city areas for prostitution.
>And healthcare there is literally non existant.

I wanted to say it i poor, but not as portraited in media you see. Then I read you to the end.
H shit, man. Ofcourse it's not like that.
My city (not Moscow, not Peterburgh) took leading position on Shopping mall area per person in Europe in 200x-something year.
Basically we have free healthcare, I did go to
private clinic only few times. My city made "insurance policy document" (don't how you really call them in other countries) electronic, also made RFID cards for different city services like transportation.
If we beleive statistics, then our average internet connection speed is almost same as yours.

On other hand we can talk about villages. Wooden houses, no infrastructure, dirty... This part of population is dying, as it moves to cities.
But we talk about villages where city people have their little land and house, go there in summer, situaton there is different, rich people could be met there.

If you want to see Russia 15 years ago come to belarus

How rich are the rich in Russia? Do they like own so much land they can make their own country?

Yes, even worse.

My dad went on the transsiberian railway from Moscow to Khabarovsk(?) in the mid-80s, always wanted to do it myself tbqh. Need to pick up some more Russian tho.

Moscow has a .92 HDI or something, and the second tier cities are close. Other than that, it drops off and gets shitty fast.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Russian_people_by_net_worth?wprov=sfla1

They don't really invest in real estate as far as I know, except for the land they are living in.

But yes, they do have huge mansions.

This is Rottenberg's house, for example.

Not really, maybe in bumfuck shitholes, but they exist in every country. I'm a Moscow city fuccboi so my perspective is twisted.
I come from what is considered to be a low class family. Being a terrible virgin failure, I live with my parents, but I got my own room, roughtly 15 square meters of personal space. I can think of at least 7 markets/convenience stores within 10 minutes of walking, thats just for food. Subway entry is 7 minutes away, I can get anywhere in Moscow within 1 hour. My shit tier wage is roughly 700$ dollerinos/month, which is good enough to support my folks, pay basic bills, for the internet, and survive on hotpockets. My family does own a plot of land rough 100 kilometers away from the city, which they do farm, but for recreational purposes. Old people have strange ways of relaxing.

No.

>quite wealthy regions

I've been there, all these oil-towns are nothing, but ugly shitholes with poor infrastructure, lack of healthcare and education. The only differences from some Pskov or Ivanovo oblast is their wages are 2-2.5 times higher than Russian average, but so are the prices.

And stab him to death a minute after.

>St. Petersburg is equal to Prague, Moscow to Munich

Not really. Even the large cities in Russia are 3rd-world shitholes, you can't compare them to European capitals,

In Russia there are only two actual cities with breathing life, sophisticated architecture and lots of places to visit - Moscow and St. Petersburg. All there rest are just Mordor areas.

I sale my boipuss for 1$

>Moscow and St. Petersburg

Only centers of these cities are more or less civilized. The outskirts are the same Mordor populated by subhumans.