Tell me right now why you aren't using the most /comfy/ out-of-box distro there is, Solus?

Tell me right now why you aren't using the most /comfy/ out-of-box distro there is, Solus?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/6237
github.com/systemd/systemd/pull/5998
without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Arguments_against_systemd
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because I'm using Gentoo

Because I don't give a shit about out-of-the-box comfiness. If I'm using a computer over a long period of time, I will rice it, little by little, to be something completely different from the initial look of the DE/WM.

if customization is an advantage of linux than how is an out of the box philosophy helping it?

also, heres and out of the box Xubuntu setup (minus the wallpaper and screenfetch) everything else came with it

Because I'm using Arch

>Kevinposting in a Kevin Thread

11 out of Kevin, Kevin.

>anime
Sorry, this thread is for straight men only.

>more than double the packages of a base Solus installation
Disgusting bloatware.

anime website

Because it uses systemd, it's ui is a shitty gnome hack, and it lacks packages. Gentoo for life.

>muh systemd boogeyman

>being a poeterring cuckold

name one bad thing about systemd that isn't an imaginary schizo cia-nigger rant

Because I am.

The developer tries to justify exploits
>github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/6237
>github.com/systemd/systemd/pull/5998

Read the links on this page: without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Arguments_against_systemd

you can't be this new, right?

Kys. They have different packaging policies. Solus is probably just a little less bloated. F.ex. one Solus package might equal three packages in Ubuntu because Ubuntu doesn't force dbg and dev packages.

This

Wtf is f.ex?

for example

I tried it last week. The UI has some really weird scaling artifacts and I went back to KDE.

Because I'm using Windows 10, the best distro ever, has a lot of games and apps

>>>/reddit/

What, if linux wouldn't be a meme, I'd use it

In other words, you either haven't even tried it or you have "tried" it with your stupid Windows mindset downloading NVidia drivers from their site.

Fuck off back to

I tried it. Once. I'm not against linux. It just has few programs.

In other words:
>it doesn't have the games I play on a daily basis, such as Overwatch and the new Battle Royale game

The only notable programs Linux is missing are Photoshop (which is replacable with GIMP & Krita) and Microsoft Office.

You can replace MS Office with WPS Office.

Not the other user but windows infuriates me but I have to use it. There are so many little issues that keep coming up with linux and fixing them becomes more and more of a pain until its just not worth it. I had to settle for a dual boot.

Photoshop isn't replaceable by gimp.

I mean I get the "I have to use Windows" part but what kind of issues do you run on to with Linux? I've had no problems whatsoever and I've been using Debian on countless machines for years.

Not necessarily. For 90% of Photoshop users and for 99% of Sup Forums-browsing "Photoshop users", it is. Far more so than the office alternatives are replaceable by the free office alternatives.

Maybe using ubuntu is my issue but I've had gpu driver issues, wirless card issues on my laptop, little log in screen bugs, and other things like that. Most of the problems are probably my fault, but sometimes I just don't have the time to sit down and figure it out.

This

I know the feel. I usually run at least a year-old hardware (buying last year's laptops when they are being sold out of stores) etc. so everything usually runs out-of-the-box. Even if it doesn't, I've used Linux for long enough to fix most problems within minutes and once they're fixed I'm unlikely to run into problems with the same machine.

I don't use Windows anymore but truth be told, I've ran into more problems with Windows than Linux or Mac. I still keep one Hackintosh around for my proprietary software needs, but I'm not a fan of it either.

But I am using solus sempi

Post wallpaper pls.

Holy fuck that titlebar is the dumbest thing I've seen in my life. And Daniel expects people to pay for his distro? FFFuuuucckkkkk.

I paid 100$ for this OS. Money well spent.

Silly weeaboo, not every board is for animefags like you, go back to Sup Forums.

At least you're not a cheater like the 99.85% of Elementary OS downloaders who did not pay for the free software.

I opted to work off my debts in the mines, I will be free and clear after a mere 8 years of hard labour in a dark hole. The patrician choice.

Hopefully you'll enjoy the free operating system.

If I survive I surely will! And if I don't.. Well, it's better to be dead than a cheater, yes?

It sure is! You know what they say – "you get what you pay for". Not even the GNOME project, which is supported by Redhat, has been able to implement titlebars that big.

>buttons on the right side

absolutely disgusting

I am though, on my laptop I get almost an hour extra battery life when compared to Windows 10.

Laptop is an elitebook 2170p.

Can't use it on my surface pro though because the physical buttons weren't working (Wacom driver fucked up the surface) but Ubuntu 16.04 which uses the older driver's still works.

If i wanted something comfy i would use Windows.
Please don't post your botnet distro again.

>Botnet
What? Since when?

No quarter tiling.

you can change it easly

>an elder sister
Good choice user

because my virginity and my repressed sexual desires urge me to apply tweakings

The installer fucks it up and BIOS can't find the Grub

Solus doesn't use grub . Read the docs kek

>
>Silly weeaboo, not every board is for animefags like you, go back to Sup Forums.
but they are for us lol

FUCK OFF KEVIN

Fuck off kevin

does it have pacaur?

reddit.com/u/kevinarefunny