This Motherboard has lasted 8 years of every day usage

This Motherboard has lasted 8 years of every day usage.

Sad thats impressive nowadays

cool, did you use it at night also?

Usually put it to sleep or shut it down while I slept. But sometimes it was on.

Pshhh amateur

My gigabyte mb has been on for nearly ten years, good quality.

I had an old Gigabyte Ultra Durable 2, first rig I ever had back in 07, ten years later it is still ticking.

The package does say
>Ultra Durable

Only thing I ever had fail was my TX650

das ryt
das ryt
I guess it's the solid caps?

ASRock 890GM Pro3

Im using an Ultra Durable 3 in my main pc still
>pic related

Same here, and I have run it through hell. Bless the dude that recommended it.

My Asus P8P67 LE refused to work with the new graphics card back when I wanted to use my new GTX680. I paired my P67 with a HD6850. So much nostalgia.

The most durable boards are for overclocking. While they try to be for OC they become 'accidentally' more durable anyway since they are built to withstand loads that very rarely one would need unless they constantly compile gentoo or render youtube videos.

have pic related running since 2010, pretty heavy usage. Upgraded to an X5675 and 12GB DDR3 last summer, and I've kept the GPU relatively up to date.

X58 best platform.

I have the P67-UD3-B3 and it had some vdroop issues according to the internet, which I found out about when trying to overclock my 2500k.

put a tortilla chip in there, then it'll be MAGA

This is why I buy Gigabyte.
Nothing but good things with this brand.

I don't know, my 8 Gigabytes of ram are not enough.

the dell X58 motherboard in my computer is still going strong, it's coming up eight years or so, and that's with a 135W CPU

Too bad that gigabyte boards require a lot of patience because of their shit BIOS/UEFI
Otherwise Im quite satisfied with mine

I despise this shitty brown board with no fan controls and obsolete IO but it's gone through hell so I can't disrespect it too much.

(GA-78-LMT, AMD FX 6300)

This GPU has lasted almost 8 years of every day usage while idling at between 60 and 65C.

Same here. Bought in early 2009 and it still works perfectly to this day. Had both quad and hexa core Phenom IIs in it, overclocked to the limit. Still works perfectly. I just wish I hadn't thrown away the box and stuff years ago. Chose Gigabyte for my new build too and have been impressed with that board as well.

>gigabyte gtx 260
>blower design with blocked exhaust
>gamed at almost 90ÂșC
>this goes on for 5 or 6 years
>finally realize the exhaust is blocked
>unblock it and repaste
>it still works

Gigabyte is the white man's brand.

Explain why my Z77 MPower died WHEN the warranty ended, what's worse it's a VRM failure resulting in the demise of the i7 in it too.

if your board has solid capictors then it's really not impressive that it has lasted a long time, that should be expected

Because you bought an MSI motherboard, known for their shit tier component and build quality.

>tfw we'll all still be using our Sandy Bridge machines when we're old and grey

I'm still using this and works like the first day, however my brother has another ASUS for his 2600k and it doesn't stop failing.

Asus sucks, their own support told me they have very high returns because their boards are shit quality

DELID THIS
I bought the Z77 MPower for it's good VRMs and it died with a 'Big Bang' from a MOSFET

Many people on Tom's Hardware then lauded how MSI improved. I got memed by them. Back then the store also had a Z77 Sabertooth

They used to be the best back when this came out. It's a recent thing that they've fallen off in quality.

>idling at those temps
?

9 years and counting. Still my main rig, albeit with periodical updates.

7 years in November.

Another gigabyte user here, had mine 9 years

Socket 775

GA P35 DS3R

I fancy a new build on the 1155 socket tho

Studio XPS?

I had the very first gen with the i7 920. Gave it away to a friend and he still uses it today, must be nearly 9 years old now, will probably make it to 10.

Sadly the mobo doesn't support the X5650...

Are you me? I've done the same, though I'm at 24GB RAM with a W-series Xeon instead. However, when I switched to watercooling, not having residual airflow from the CPU's air cooler going over that area had the northbridge idling at 80 degrees (with the CPU idling at 22 and southbridge around 40). So I just modded it to have a little 40mm fan clamp to it. Brought it down to idle at 50.

Asus still make good stuff, but you have to pay through the nose for it. Their top end boards are some of the best. Their mid-range and low end stuff is garbage though.

Good guess, the same processor too, great computer, sub par power supply

Going strong for 10 years, started with a core2duo E8500, now with a xeon X5470.

ASUS P8H67-I going into 6th year of use. Nothing to complain.

Upgrade you need that i5 8400k goodness

>tfw fell for the meme and got the i7 8700k

>8 years
Psshh.. Still running on this 2007 board. Upgraded the ram, the processor, the drives, the power supply, and the videocard (4x), but the board is the same old one.

It's still doing it's thing. Although I have to push reset and/or turn it on/off a few times before it actually manages to get through the bios boot up... so I feel like I need to start looking for a new setup, but I don't really wanna..